• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't know why this match was made when Chowder is not even higher up on the strongest High 8-C non-smurf.

@Apeironaxim

Based on his profile, nope.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Ain't gonna lie, I like that Ainz image way better for the one he currently uses for his file.
We actually discussed changing but some people felt this one wasn't as clean...Though most agreed it was better looking

The pen or the sword said:
Hey he's one spot up... Saying that I would have gone for anri first... While she is more dangerous shes also higher
A match for Ainz vs Toujou Karuna is already made, and he's on the higher spot than Anri is.

The pen or the sword said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Ain't gonna lie, I like that Ainz image way better for the one he currently uses for his file.
We actually discussed changing but some people felt this one wasn't as clean...Though most agreed it was better looking
Define "clean". Looks pretty "clean" to me.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Define "clean". Looks pretty "clean" to me.
Don't ask me I was totally on board with using this image instead.

Also @death you only made yours two minutes before this one :p

No the armor is meaningless, its just a disguise he usually wears that restricts his magic until he desperses it.

I mean do we need to chowder in character won't go for his hax right away, while ainz first move is a combo of death hax and time stop. While chowder has timestop he doesn't seem to resist so both of ainz moves kill chowder...

Fair enough we can wait for supporters to show up.

As long as the animators exist, Chowder can't die. Grasp heart does nothing.

The Chowder that exists outside the animation can just rewind before Chowder died and try again. Like, there are layers to Chowder's type 8. Also I'm pretty sure Chowder coughed up his own heart before, I need to check to be sure.

Sir Ovens said:
As long as the animators exist, Chowder can't die. Grasp heart does nothing.
Im not so sure on this, thats how it works in chowders world as he is an animated character but being dragged into a nuetral/real world IE new york would that still apply?

Further even if he has coughed up his heart it's not liable to matter, ainz grasp heart induces death magically alongside the whole heart crushing scenario further it stuns the person it's used on. He's also opened with magic such as death more often then he reaches for grasp heart.

We're not sure overall, I think it involves a large dosage of fear but beyond that? No real idea as he's never used it before. We know what the final tier does Ie kill but outside that we've only seen the first tier and had the second/third tiers described. Fourth tiers description was literally something like madness.

Ainz would likely be using Despair Aura V first, not IV

and he could just stand next to Chowder if his type 8 keeps resurrecting him

Well, if I heard the description of the ability correctly, Despair Aura II causes the victim to want to flee from Ainz at all costs, and them being unable to take combat-related actions against Ainz. Maybe one of the ways Ainz could defeat Chowder is to make Chowder self-BFR via Despair Aura II?

Probably would work though he'd be better off using despair aura three iirc its the version that doesn't dissapear when you get out of range, instead it leaves a permenant status effect you need to get cured by another npc/mage

• Despair Aura I: Has a chance (if not resisted by ability, equipment, level difference, etc.) of causing Fear. Fear refers to an abnormal status of being afraid, which inflicts a penalty to all actions. Besides inflicting fear, it can reduce the stats of its victims. Normally, Despair Auras would not have an effect on the level 100 NPCs, but when equipped with the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown, its effect can be strengthened.
  • Despair Aura II: Has a chance of causing Panic. Panic is a more severe version of Fear, caused by stacking additional Fear effects on each other. Anyone afflicted by that status will want to flee the ability user at all costs ― in other words, they will be unable to take any combat-related actions against that person.
  • Despair Aura III: Has a chance of causing Confusion. This can only happen if the target does not have any recovery measures prepare.
  • Despair Aura IV: Has a chance of causing Insanity. Insanity is an extremely annoying bad status, being a permanent version of Confusion. It cannot be removed without magic from a third party.

Alright.

Does it state anywhere that causing Confusion is an an another version of causing Fear/Panic?

Because it seems that the only effects that shows that the versions of Despair Aura is interconnected is Despair Aura I and II (thus, II should be able to achieve all the effects of I on top of its own).

Apeironaxim said:
Ainz would likely be using Despair Aura V first, not IV
and he could just stand next to Chowder if his type 8 keeps resurrecting him
if Ainz is gonna use any mental magic, it wouldn't be his Despair Auras first, it would be Dominate, which is just mind control, which Chowder also doesn't resist

Back