• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Agnès vs. Asriel (Gentle-Hearted Souls With Unbelievable Power) (Voting Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link to this? Either way, she has enough buffs and debuffs outside of stats to make up for the stat difference, which I do not concede is infinite regardless. If it was, he should be 2-A. She has stillness to guarantee that she has at least enough time to cast them all on herself regardless, and he uses magic so most of his projectiles are going right back in his face

It's litirally the reasoning for his tier, being infinitly above omega, who is above chara.

No. Being infinitly stronger than Low 2-C is low 2-C, same here. There were two arguments about it already.

Now Omega won't scale to chara and Asriel will likely become average 2-B at best, at which point he gets slapped by versatility. Until then, reset gg. Because he will use it 100% as first thing, and it's on tought (Well, on emotion, but same thing).

I get the infinitely above low 2-C is low 2-C, because that's 4th dimensional with no presence on the 5th axis. When you have a presence on the 5th axis, but not an uncountable one, then multiplying your power by infinity should give you 2-A. How does it being otherwise make sense?

Reset won't take her down due to stillness, and she has either death or fate (not fate manip, the move fate) right off the back to potentially win the fight right there

It doesn't, but that's what's been agreed on. He won't be infinitly stronger for much regardless so who cares.

No dude, he erases her plain out, and he's raw power just laughs at being restrained. And how likely is she to start with that?

I have too much on my plate with other projects to deal with that policy, but maybe some day I'll address the issue with the staff

Who said anything about being restrained? Stillness nullifies all damage to everyone, essentially, while stillness is in effect, neither side will take any damage or be able to effect eachother. She is player controlled, so that is unknown, but I'm working based off of how I remember other people who had similar builds with stillness and what is the generally best accepted usage for it is

Yeah, exept that it nullifying damage from something that erases her complitly and is infinitly stronger is just not gonna happen.

And you can't assume that she will do so then.

The main villain of the game can erase universes on top of people. Asriel ain't special just cause he likes erasing people completely.

I mean its better than any sign you have of what she would do. Technically it would be "whatever is the best strategy" but that's rather vague

Just wanted to point this out with this bump, since this was why I was so excited for this matchup, but couldn't Agnes just...pacify Asriel, a la Frisk with SAVE? I mean, his primary weakness is a kind person with enough Determination being able to reach out and remind him of who he was. And while she doesn't follow Undertale's mechanics of Determination, I can't think of a more kind or determined person from the Bravely series of games then Agnes. (Maybe Tiz, but, eh, I digress)

No, frisk litirally went into asriel's soul, talked the souls he absorbed into submission due to the experience they got totgether and only then could do that.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
No, frisk litirally went into asriel's soul, talked the souls he absorbed into submission due to the experience they got totgether and only then could do that.
That's a pretty specific set of circumstances for something so vaguely stated in his profile. Wasn't he just saving those specific souls, and then realized there was one more soul left to save, Asriel? Honestly, I don't see why Agnes can't connect with Asriel outright.

No.

Asriel was litirally forced to feel everything they felt, because souls are the source of feelings and all that.

And he ain't reacting to a random person how he reacts to someone he hallucinates to be his dead friend.

Agnes, in-character, attempts to talk people out of fighting first, and tends to continue to do so if she's forced to fight. She tends to lean towards pacifism and even martyrdom if it's for the good of others, so that tells you the kind of person she is. Even if Asriel himself can't pick up on that, I'm certain some of the other souls would pick up on this, which could help turn the tide in the favor of Agnes.

If Asriel has to be emotionally "forced" to power down, then write up a CRT for it. Because it is extremely unclear on this particularity in his profile, if that's the case.

I don't really need to do that, especially since she lacks determination as a power to begin with.

And if she doesn't start with instantly haxing her soul gets blasted into oblivion.

Actually, I think you made it even more certain you need to make one. Because, as you say, since only people with Determination as a power can break through to him, then that leaves a very niche spot for anyone to expose this weakness of his. Very niche.

Plus, not thinking of Determination as a game mechanic momentarily, isn't it just the willpower to press on, but on a supercharged level, which is something that Agnes has proved she has time and again?

It quiet litirally says determination there. And that is a weakness in general, but like most characters, sba makes it null by putting him in a fighting mentality.

Game mechanic? How do you need to assume it isn't? It objectivelu isn't, it's part of the lore. And no, determination is a power that allows human souls to bend time, ressurect, heal from any damage and recreate thousands of timelines. So being really determinated ain't cutting it.

Being in-character but willing to kill due to SBA, wouldn't that mean that she could talk him down? Also, the rules for SBA literally state, "This doesn't prevent a character being made to give up, because the other character manipulates them via things like, for example, mind control, fear inducement, psychological tricks or superhuman charisma." So, yes, she can convince him to power down.

Fine. Determination is a special power exclusive to the humans of Undertale. I get it. I'll drop that.

With that, I'll bump.

Talking him down isn't something she can do tough. He was planning on murdering his best friend, rewinding time, and doing it at-nauseum for all of eternity.

He only got "talked down" after the souls inside him (the source of all his emotions) got reminded that they were friends with Frisk. Even if Agnes could somehow got to the souls, Asgore; Undyne; Alphys and Sans would not be convinced by her.

Also, she has limited magic, and can't do any without the Asterisks. Sooner or later, she runs out of energy. Also, most of her attacks won't do anything, but the goat definently will. My vote for Goat God.

As it says in the OP:

2 votes for Agnes.

5 votes for Asriel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back