• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Afro Samurai Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks ok to me, but I would be better if can calculate the speed feat so we can get the correct number

The AP and Dura upgrade looks okay enough. Speed, i'd want that calc'd first to be sure but even then, Sub-Rela to Rela seems like a good enough range here but definitely want that calc'd first just to be sure...

Made a calculatio

If there are errors, I would rather much prefer the calculation team to adjust the errors and see what their revised results are rather than me redoing it a number of times.

Isn't the laser feat an absolutely immense outlier? I'm not super-knowledgeable on the series, but from what a lot of my friends who are have said he usually mostly deflects bullets and the like.

This also seems to be a one-time deal, and we can't tell if Afro intercepted it after or before it fired... there's a lot of variables here that make me really iffy on that feat.

Looks pretty solid, otherwise.

Afro Samurai is a ten chapter manga, and we see him deflect bullets with ease throughout it. The laser stuff happens towards the end of the manga so its consistent I'd say. The only anomalous thing I remember seeing was Afro getting hit by a arrow.

Read the panel, I think its pretty clear Afro intercepts the beam of light.

We see Afro with his limbs stretched out, after we see the droid fire a beam and the following event is Afro bringing his sword towards his head where he reflects the beam of light using the width of his katana. I don't see how one can interpret it as aim dodging (is this what you mean by aiming before it's fired?)

I agree that we need an evaluated calculation blog for this.

Btw, keep in mind that according to the new KE rules, this may drastically improve Afro Samurai's AP.

Were there any opponents Afro Samurai took that had higher AP/Durability than building level?

Lina Shields said:
Btw, keep in mind that according to the new KE rules, this may drastically improve Afro Samurai's AP.

Were there any opponents Afro Samurai took that had higher AP/Durability than building level?
No, I do not think the new KE rules apply to Afro, he doesn't have any feats higher than buliding.

Don't we normally accept anything below 4x the Newtonian value (or whatever the proper name is), which iirc is like ~0.93c?

As I think is mentioned within the rules, it depends on whether or not the kinetic energy would be consistent with the Afro Samurai characters' displayed Attack Potency. Fiction recurrently makes a massive distinction between speed and power.

Perhaps Afro Samurai's AP is fine then. However, I may need to take a closer look at the scans here to see if Afro really blocked the beam...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back