• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adonis and Apollo downgrades

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Both Adonis and Apollo are listed as peak human in lifting strength despite nothing backing it up. Someone vastly superior to Apollo and Prime Rocky are the only boxers with peak human lifting strength feats. Even Rocky I-III, V, and RB Rocky isn't listed as peak human despite having far better and clearer feats. They should just be "likely Athletic Human".

Hmmmm, I agree, but I think At least Athletic Human would be better, since most professional boxers can easily lift over 250 pounds and swing around sledgehammers as part of training.

Also, Creed is gonna get upgraded once Creed 2 premieres, so he'll definitely have some feats backing him up.

Hmmmm, the Rocky part seems legit. Also, Rocky eventually overpowered Thunderlips. I'll work on it.

The Rocky comparison wasn't that he's peak human, but that he has better and clearer feats but is only Athletic Human. Here's the strength chart

Regular Human: 50 to 80 kg (110 to 176 lbs)

Above Average Human: 80 to 120 kg (176 to 264 lbs)

Athletic Human: 120 to 227 kg (264 to 500 lbs)

Peak Human: 227 to 454 kg (500 to 1,000 lbs)

His feats are

Rocky should keep his "At least Athletic Human" rating

Qawsedf234 said:
The Rocky comparison wasn't that he's peak human, but that he has better and clearer feats but is only Athletic Human. Here's the strength chart
Regular Human: 50 to 80 kg (110 to 176 lbs)

Above Average Human: 80 to 120 kg (176 to 264 lbs)

Athletic Human: 120 to 227 kg (264 to 500 lbs)

Peak Human: 227 to 454 kg (500 to 1,000 lbs)

His feats are

Rocky should keep his "At least Athletic Human" rating
Didn't he wrestle and overpower Thunderlips first? I'm pretty sure wrestlers like him would easily have Peak Human lifting strength, and that is more prominent when he casually tosses around Rocky like a ragdoll.

> Didn't he wrestle and overpower Thunderlips first?

This is the fight. But the most important part is at the end.

Rocky: Why'd you get so crazy on me out there?

Thunderlips: That's the name of the game.

While Rocky was taking it as a legitimate fight, Thunderlips was just playing his role as a bad guy wrestler. To say that he overpowered him considering that would be incorrect imo.

Qawsedf234 said:
> Didn't he wrestle and overpower Thunderlips first?
This is the fight. But the most important part is at the end.

Rocky: Why'd you get so crazy on me out there?

Thunderlips: That's the name of the game.
While Rocky was taking it as a legitimate fight, Thunderlips was just playing his role as a bad guy wrestler. To say that he overpowered him considering that would be incorrect imo.

Yeah, saw that, but then Thunderlips completely forgot that and went beserk. It wasn't until the end of the fake fight that Thunderlips had realized he had gone overboard.

What says he forgot about it? He was always playing as a heel, even as he entered the arena.

Qawsedf234 said:
What says he forgot about it? He was always playing as a heel, even as he entered the arena.
But beating up Paulie wasn't in the plan.

That's just him adapting on the fly. Plus even if he did hit Paulie, that doesn't stop him from holding back on Rocky. Considering that he wasn't taking it as a legitmate brawl should indicates to me that Rocky should keep his "At least Athletic Human" rating.

Qawsedf234 said:
That's just him adapting on the fly. Plus even if he did hit Paulie, that doesn't stop him from holding back on Rocky. Considering that he wasn't taking it as a legitmate brawl should indicates to me that Rocky should keep his "At least Athletic Human" rating.
'Kay, makes sense. Should I also add that prime Rocky would be superior to 60-year-old Rocky?

Qawsedf234 said:
Sure. Forgot about the squat. You can put likely Peak Human in his prime
So "Likely Peak Human" with this as his reasoning works I guess.
Also, Apollo could push back and pushed back Rocky many times in their fights, so I guess that's why Apollo was rated as such. It would also be nonsensical for Apollo to not go through the same training as Rocky back in their primes, so there's that too.

Likely Peak Human and scaling from Rocky makes sense for Apollo. But Adonis should stay at Athletic until he gets something clearer.

Qawsedf234 said:
Likely Peak Human and scaling from Rocky makes sense for Apollo. But Adonis should stay at Athletic until he gets something clearer.
Yeah, I told this for Apollo only, not Adonis.

Also, wouldn't young Rocky being vastly superior to his older self give him a solid Peak Human scaling?

Minimum Peak Human is 500 pounds. Old Rocky squatted 494. So it depends on if you consider that Rocky I-III Rocky could lift six more pounds than his older self

Qawsedf234 said:
Minimum Peak Human is 500 pounds. Old Rocky squatted 494. So it depends on if you consider that Rocky I-III Rocky could lift six more pounds than his older self
Shouldn't be a problem really. The fact that Old Rocky could do this for multiple reps alone with arthritis is impressive enough as it is.

Shockingly enough, Sly in real life is still capable of lifting that much and works out a lot even now.

On a similar note, do you happen to have any evidence to support their speed ratings? Like a science article or something.

Qawsedf234 said:
On a similar note, do you happen to have any evidence to support their speed ratings? Like a science article or something.
XING06 made a calc on it (here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:XING06), and with fencers being reliably able to dodge 80 mph saber attacks without issue, I don't see why that should be a problem.

But 9 m/s punches for champion boxers like Rocky is pure downplay, that's for sure. If that was the case, he wouldn't be able to even break the carcass in the movie, hell, champion boxers in real life wouldn't be able to deliver thousands of pounds of force with their punches like that, and I'm pretty sure we can't convert pounds of force to joules like that, if it was foot-pounds force, then it'd be possible, but this it's called pounds of force, with no "foot" in it. XING also made a calc based on that that punching and kicking power couldn't be measured by just using speed and acceleration due to how the biomechanics for our punches and kicks work.

Donnie Creed kept up with a Mustang

Swung around sledgehammers,

Donnie Flipped tires

Viktor ran alongside a jeep, Ford Bronco I think

Viktor pushed back his father

Ivan and Rocky having a scene where they punch each other (GODDAMN)

Ivan not looking any weaker than when he last fought Rocky

The movie itself got an advanced screened, but we got some short clips online.

And we got another problem.

Rocky would now get upgraded to At least Street level because post-retirement Apollo managed to survive Drago's full-powered punches for a couple of rounds before dying.

Uh, did Drago Frankenstein Apollo back to life and kill him again? Also you can't scale to being killed by someone iirc.

No, I was talking about Donnie.

Also, Apollo died several hits after, not on the first round. It took Drago some time. And Apollo hadn't trained in a long time.

His dura is at At least Street level, and Peak Apollo was far, far higher, he'd still sadly be stuck at At least 9-C tho.

Also, even Rocky was advising against the fight, even telling Apollo to train a few more weeks if they were to have any shot against Drago.

Either way, old Rocky will most likely remain at At least 9-C anyway because he was remarkable keeping up well with Drago, even staggering him, and Dolph recently confirmed in an interview that Viktor was casually at peak Ivan's level without even trying.

Actually why at least Street level? His durability would be at most or just street level. It also wouldn't really backscale since in his matches with Rocky they hit each other well over 150 times and by that point he could've been beaten by chip damage.

Because even a single punch from Ivan is Wall level. And the only reason Rocky won was stamina, otherwise they were literally on par with each other. Apollo won the final time because he had now overcome this weakness.

Apollo beat Rocky in a friendly spar, not a title fight. As for your other points yeah. I got my tiers mixed up and though street level was 9-B instead of 9-C

It wasn't a title fight, but they actually went all out. Rocky literally admitted several times that he would have lost without his stamina advantage in the first two fights.

And that's evident in his recent fight with Drago (Man, can old Rocky pull up a good fight).

Rocky did lose the Apollo in their third match. He won the second match due to better stamina. But the third match also wasn't hyper competitive and for a world title, no reason for them to go full blast.

Back