• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adonis and Apollo downgrades

Yeah, i do not think Ivan's son is as strong as him in Rocky 4. We never see him getting injected with stuff and there is no indication Old Ivan is as strong as he was in his prime.

I think they should just be downgraded to 9-C.

Nah, Dolph confirmed in an interview that Viktor was as strong as young Ivan.

If you can, could you try and find a link to the interview? That way we can just link it in Viktor's page

Lemme see if that interview has been zucc'd or not.

But it's been buried deep somewhere in the internet, so it might be super tough to find it.

If you can't find it I'll try to search for it when I get the chance

Oh sweet I found it. Dolph doesn't say that Viktor is equal to his his father directly, but he says it would be a tough fight with a lot of blood. So I'll edit that into Viktor's profile.

There is a lot wrong with that justification.

1.-With "your characters" it could mean Old Man Ivan, who has no justification from being 9-B

2.-Its an interview with actors, not the direction nor the screenwriter. (Its like taking Sean seriously when he said Goku would beat any superman because Beerus is a "god")

No, Dolph explicitly meant the old Ivan from the 1980s.

And these guys actually know their stuff when it comes to boxing, while Sean didn't with Superman's feats. So there's a lot wrong with your justifications too.

1.-Just watched the video, it never implies they are talking about prime ivan

2.-Knowing about Boxing in the Rockyverse is like thinking Punch Out follows legit Boxing techniques.

1. They literally talked about the Ivan before Creed 2, with Dolph himself clarifying that the Young Ivan was being used right after the interviewer said no to the Old Ivan.

2. Dolph is a Martial arts champion, Florian is a professional MMA fighter. They were using that into account, not the fighting styles from the film itself.

For the first part, Dolph clarifies that he's talking about a young Ivan and Florian even mentions a prime Ivan right when they start discussing it. So its clear that they're talking about Ivan during Rocky IV or when he was still in fighting shape rather than as an old man.

It would be, if the guys playing their characters knew nothing about physical combat in real life (which they do). Dolph has just as much of a say as Stallone (He wrote the script), if not more, due to his importance.

Do note that they were also talking about a no-nonsense fight if they were to do it in the real world.

If anything, it implies Ivan's son has a lot of skill or durability. It was explained Ivan had drugs and technological training to get stronger, so his son being that much powerful without that boost is a bit weird.

Skill is gonna do nothing against a guy who is durable enough to take strikes 4 times harder than the number needed to crush skulls, especially when you're both equal in the speed department and have nothing but your fists, unless you wanna go with pressure point attacks, something guys like Drago really don't use.

Also, Viktor's main specialty is that not only is he skilled, he's trained to the max so that he can hit hard enough to finish his fights within less than 4 rounds.

EDIT: Sorry, confused Viktor with Florian.

Back