• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Additions to Low 1-C Dormammu's write-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
No proposed tier changes here, but shouldn't one reason on Dormammu's write-up for being a Low 1-C be that in his weakest incarnation he still held his own against Eternity in a fight that Strange said could've destroyed them both?

Also, shouldn't it be mentioned that Giraud (who Dormammu one-shot) not only wounded Eternity (which is already in Dormammu's write-up), but is a wielder of the Low 1-C Phoenix Force?

1. For Giraud...I'm not sure how you want me to show that Giraud is a host of the Phoenix force, considering that it's pretty obvious. If you want I can link here so that you can see that he is a host of the Phoenix Force.

2. As for Dormammu vs Eternity:

A. From [What If (1977) #18]: https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11120/111204187/4496655-3hellcat66.jpg

B. There's the more well-known fight, from Strange Tales #146. Image links:

C. From Doctor Strange #172: Here from 1:04 until 1:54

1. For Giraud...I'm not sure how you want me to show that Giraud is a host of the Phoenix force, considering that it's pretty obvious. If you want I can link here so that you can see that he is a host of the Phoenix Force.
  • You need to show the fight and say from which comic that's from.
  • As obvious as it is, it isn't obvious to someone who doesn't know Marvel. We structure things for anyone reading.
  • We can't link another wiki like that as evidence, we need to do the job ourselves.
  • Being a host of the Phoenix Force isn't really the same as being equal to the Phoenix Force itself.
  • We have no analysis of Giraud and what tier is he.
We don't use What Ifs, that should be written somewhere.
Can't really see it due to the conection being private, can you move the 4 images as 1 album in Imgur? Showing it like that would be better for readers.
C. From Doctor Strange #172: Here from 1:04 until 1:54
This likewise should be in Imgur, youtube videos get randomly deleted or can't be seen in certain countries.

For the Giraud thing, on Dormammu's write-up on this very wiki it already says that he wounded Eternity, and that Dormammu one-shot him.
I just thought it'd also be good to mention that he's a host of the Low 1-C Phoenix Force.

I'll see what I can do about the other images.

2-A going by what our Cosmic Cubes page says, if we don't later agree that each one varies in power based on their own feats. In any case, I think this can be added in his profile, at worst it would only be moved to his feats. It should be put as "Dormammu was confident that with his powers channeled through the body of Doctor Strange, he could beat The Goddess, who was powered by the Cosmic Egg at the time, which was made from 30 Cosmic Cubes and "far greater than the sum of its parts""

Also it needs sources, also better proof that she was powered by the egg.

2-A going by what our Cosmic Cubes page says, if we don't later agree that each one varies in power based on their own feats. In any case, I think this can be added in his profile, at worst it would only be moved to his feats. It should be put as "Dormammu was confident that with his powers channeled through the body of Doctor Strange, he could beat The Goddess, who was powered by the Cosmic Egg at the time, which was made from 30 Cosmic Cubes and "far greater than the sum of its parts""

Also it needs sources, also better proof that she was powered by the egg.
1. Source for Dormammu statement: Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme #55

I know that the Cosmic Egg stuff is all from Infinity Crusade, but I don't know which volume.

2. I'm not sure what you mean, since there's no proof that she lost the power of the egg by the time that Dormammu wanted to take her out.

3. Also, Dormammu was weakened when this happened, yet he was still confident that all he needed to fight the Goddess was to channel his power through Strange.

4. Also, I searched a bit for info on the Cosmic Cube's power, and aside from being >>> 30 Cosmic Cubes, all I found is that they are far below the Infinity Gems or Eternity (from Infinity Crusade). So Low 1-C is the unlikely maximum, but they are definitely at least 2-A.

@Firestorm808 , the Cosmic Egg's power is from Infinity Crusade, Dormammu being confident that even while weakened he can still beat her (and both Strange and the story implying that he's not lying) is from Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme #55, and the first fight between Dormammu and Eternity is from Strange Tales #146.

Speaking of that Dormammu vs Eternity fight, here's the imgur link that Efi requested:

So, can we now add the Cosmic Egg stuff to the 2-A section and the "Fought, held his own against, and damaged Eternity" part to his Low 1-C writeup?

I mean, this isn't an upgrade. I just felt that considering how iconic Dormammu's first fight with Eternity was (especially since that was his weakest incarnation), it would make sense for it to be added to the Low 1-C part of his write-up.

What do you think that we should do here @Eficiente and @Firestorm808 ?
I asked @Eficiente and he says that he'll look at this again once he's done with the Kirby revisions.

He seemed to be in agreement about the Cosmic Egg thing, but I didn't get much of a response on the Eternity thing (which happened in his weakest incarnation, keep in mind) even after I posted the imgur link to the fight.

I remember reading that Doctor Strange story a while back, but iirc, it was explicitly mentioned that Dormammu had prep and attacked Eternity in the overspace.

I’m pretty sure the Cosmic Cubes were supposed to have their tiers changed a while ago, but adding his fight with Eternity seems fine as long as we note that Dormammu was heavily implied (on multiple occasions) to be weaker than Eternity.

I remember reading that Doctor Strange story a while back, but iirc, it was explicitly mentioned that Dormammu had prep and attacked Eternity in the overspace.
Wasn't that only when he sealed a sleeping Eternity?

And he did disintegrate Eternity's substance during the battle, so he was damaging Eternity.

And remember that this was his weakest incarnation.
I believe it was for durability only.

But yeah, even a simple rewording "varies up to 2-A" could solve the problem.
Why "up to 2-A"?

We already know that he's >= the entire Celestial race. And he's above Mephisto and the other 4 Hell Lords in their own dimensions (where they're all 2-A's themselves).

Oh I was talking about up to 2a for cosmic cubes. There is potential low 1c scaling for it too but I will get to those later

No, we will eventually have to revise our power structures for the Marvel Comics cosmic entities.

I’m pretty sure the Cosmic Cubes were supposed to have their tiers changed a while ago, but adding his fight with Eternity seems fine as long as we note that Dormammu was heavily implied (on multiple occasions) to be weaker than Eternity.
My opinion is pretty much the same as it was before.

My opinion is pretty much the same as it was before.
To be fair, while early Dormammu was likely weaker than Eternity, his later classic incarnations did feats that made him seem >= Eternity, as I mentioned above.

The fact that he even held his own against Eternity and nearly killed them both (as going by Strange's statement) despite that being his weakest incarnations says volumes about his power.

You should probably replace "while" with "although", but except for that it seems fine.

That reminds me, will Modern Dormammu be a 4-B or will he be higher? Because in a recent Guardians of the Galaxy comic, Dr Doom absorbed a sizable amount of Dormammu's power after he'd helped defeat Dormammu (although he's waiting for the proper time before he uses it), so I was wondering how impressive that actually was.

He was portrayed as almost Cyclops-level for several years, but Al Ewing seems to have "upgraded" him to above the level of Ego the Living Planet recently.

He was portrayed as almost Cyclops-level for several years, but Al Ewing seems to have "upgraded" him to above the level of Ego the Living Planet recently.
So still just a 4-B?

...Great. My 2nd favorite Marvel villain reduced to a Herald-level joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back