• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cosmic cube durability downgrade

Content revisions are allowed so it's fine I guess

Currently the Cosmic Cube durability is rated as 2-A without any justification and on top of that Captain Marvel easily destroyed the Cosmic Cube :

If this feat isn't considered a pis or an outlier (which I don't think so considering that the Cosmic Cube doesn't have any 2-A durability feat in the first place) then the 2-A durability should be downgraded to "unknown"

Agree : Adem_Warlock69, Oliver_de_jesus, The_Impress,

Qawsedf234,​

Disagree :

Last edited:
Not really, no.

Staff approval is usually prefered, and depending on the CRT alot of approvals may be needed. This seems fine btw

Last edited:
Zark is correct, and this is a small revision, which seems to make sense, but we still have to stick with our rules and only allow one revision per verse at a time in order to not get overwhelmed, and Zark already has a Marvel revision going, so it is likely best to close this for the moment. Please remind Zark to reopen it later via a private message.

in the best case, there should be a note that the Cosmic Cube was weakest at the time and that it should not be scaled to anyone.

those are my thoughts

Well, the evolved cosmic cube entities such as Kubik and The Shaper of Worlds seem far more durable than the original cubes themselves, which have been shattered at times in the past. Kobik (not Kubik) was created from the pieces of several shattered cubes for example.

Thanos was constantly draining power from the cube to keep himself as being the size of the universe, the cube was a glass cannon as if it wasn't shattered at the time then Thanos would still be constantly draining more 3-A power from it. WS also shattered the one Cap used to return his memories.

The cube's dura should be "Varies from 10-C to 2-A". I was also planning to make their tier Varies from Low 2-C to 2-A.

The cubes are rather inconsistent/aren't as durable comparatively, one was crushed by Bucky iirc. I agree with the Unknown or varies rating.

...what's the logic for Varies here? Sheer inconsistency or something else?
Sheer inconsistency. Saying it just like that "sounds bad", but then, so it does to say that what Marvel and WS did should have been impossible and are therefore outliers that should be dismissed.

It's Marvel.

What is the reasoning for 10-C and 2-A durability extremes in its portrayals? I am fine with simply listing "Varies" with a few examples otherwise.

"It's Marvel" doesn't give an excuse to make up a Variable tier with no context whatsoever, it is a rating given for in-verse reasoning

Just list it as Unknown, and mention the Cube is too inconsistent in the potrayal of its durability.

Also preferably I'd want the scans for Winter Soldier busting it, along with a scan of other scenarios where Cosmic Cube tanked something.

These should come with Issue numbers btw

"It's Marvel" doesn't give an excuse to make up a Variable tier with no context whatsoever, it is a rating given for in-verse reasoning

Just list it as Unknown, and mention the Cube is too inconsistent in the potrayal of its durability.
Yes it does, inconsistency is a valid and underrated reason for a Variable tier. Using Unknown would just be lazy as we know a minimum, a maximum and how it may not even be one of those, it's our job to inform that. If we use Unknown then can an ant detroy a Cosmic Cube? Maybe, maybe not, we're not informing; and if the minimum wasn't 10-C but something specific like 7-B then I image we would suddenly never use an Unknown but its real minimum, 7-B, but the situation wouldn't actually change.

Also preferably I'd want the scans for Winter Soldier busting it, along with a scan of other scenarios where Cosmic Cube tanked something.

These should come with Issue numbers btw
For the latter, idk, whoever made the cubes with that dura should be asked about it. For Winter Soldier busting it, it was by the end of its introductory story, Captain America: The Winter Soldier (See here the context but in other language, the movie was better). WB just quickly grabbed the thing and destroyed it.

Eh no, Varied for being just inconsistent should not be a thing unless there's a mechanic in verse to explain it
Or are we to allow completely inconsistent verses on to the wiki and slap a Varied on them now?

If that was the case, 80% of the profiles her would probably have "varies", since pretty much all work in fiction has inconsistencies, especially regarding superhuman stats.

No need for false equivalences.

@Tllmbrg You're free to make a CRT about it, we do make Variable tiers for inconsistent profiles, which is the very thing you disagree with there.

I do agree with Zark on something, Marvel is probably the single most incosistent verse in the site, topping DC thanks to not having reboots and thus running non-stop since the 60s, if having many incosistent showings was enough to rate a Marvel profile as Varies, we might as well rate every single Marvel hero as that, since they aren't even remotively consistent with their power. So unless the Cubes are stated to have variability in-verse, like the Hulk does, I see no reason to use Varies here.

I agree with part of that, but also see the super cosmically powerful tiny crystal cube as something that makes sense to be a glass cannon. There's a difference from Superman having a 4-B feat and hardly blowing up a planet and this cubes having a 2-A durability feat and being easily destroyed, in the Superman example both feats are "Superman-level feats" by the standards of the common eye and can totally happen when reading a comic.

With it being Unknown or "Varies from 10-C to 2-A"? If we use the former then it should have an ", up to 2-A" with evidence as a cube can most likely be used to amp its own durability.

Efi this isn't false equivalency as "It's Marvel" DOES applying to every single profile.

If there isn't an in-verse reason for this, it's getting listed Unknown, I am not going to compromise over this or anything. Cosmic Cube doesn't shift its durability, it's just something even a writer can't decide what's it's durability is.

Also can you show an example of profiles we have listed as "Varies" because of sheer inconsistency? Let's get that revised too while we're at it, k?

I argue it doesn't need to as they are many different cubes.

I'm gonna do something better and show you a profile that doesn't have a Varies because of inconsistency, it's called Maggie Simpson. She can harm Homer and Homer has had 8-C feats and harmed people who at one point had 8-C feats. So wouldn't you know it Marge's At least 8-C due to scaling to inconsistent feats while giving only 1 tier to all those characters. Spongebob Squarepants and Timmy Turner are usually 10-C with consistent feats notably above it, and by consistent I mean worth saying on their profiles, not that they should all the time be on those higher levels and that fellow characters to them should scale. Those 2 are good examples of what you asked for.

Speaking of Spongebob Squarepants, if he was suddenly in Marvel and he were to destroy a Cosmic Cube then too bad, his feat can't be calc'd because instead of destroying a small cube made of glass he, because we say so, destroyed something of Unknown durability and Unknown is unknown.

If it needs to be said then the point isn't that any of that sh*t will ever happen, but that giving an Unknown is literally wrong and that we should therefore not do so.

Between that or giving Cosmic Cube Varied of simply being inconsistent is the better alternative, since with Marvel it'd literally devolve into everyone being Varied

Back