• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Additions to Low 1-C Dormammu's write-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the reply.

Something like this might be acceptable to use as a note in our Marvel and DC Comics instructions page, yes.

"Please do not use "What If" or "Elseworlds" stories for scaling to the main Marvel and DC Comics timelines, as they are not canon, and the power levels of characters recurrently differ greatly from the main continuities."
Would you like me to add it to the marvel and DC rules page.

I do not think that it is necessary. I can probably do so myself, if the other members here consider it acceptable.

We need to wait for more replies first.

Anyway, Dormammu is an egomaniac, so I do not think that we should scale from his boast about the Cosmic Egg, just from fighting Eternity.

Anyway, Dormammu is an egomaniac, so I do not think that we should scale from his boast about the Cosmic Egg, just from fighting Eternity.
Are you sure? Because Efi agreed with it, not to mention that IIRC Strange and the story itself hinted that Dormammu wasn't just boasting.

In fact, this shows a vision by Doctor Strange himself that heavily implies that Strange himself believes that if he let Dormammu use him as a vessel, then Dormammu's powers would be enough to beat The Goddess.

Keep in mind that this Dormammu was weakened at the time, hence why instead of leaving his dimension he wanted to use Strange as a vessel for his powers.

I think that it seems too unreliable to use, especially without further context.

I think that it seems too unreliable to use, especially without further context.
I mean, if Strange thinks that a weakened Dormammu is above the Cosmic Egg (not to mention the story implying it), then it seems well-founded, especially since Dr. Strange knows his stuff when it comes to the power levels of abstract-level beings and would've definitely said something had he not agreed with the vision.

If you want, we could just write:

(Even while weakened, heavily implied to be capable of defeating The Goddess while she was powered by the Cosmic Egg, which is composed of 30 cosmic cubes and "far greater than the sum of its parts")

He gave Eternity a very serious challenge before being defeated, and has powered-up greatly since then. He also has several other feats of that scale that are listed in his profile page.

I mean, if Strange thinks that a weakened Dormammu is above the Cosmic Egg (not to mention the story implying it), then it seems well-founded, especially since Dr. Strange knows his stuff when it comes to the power levels of abstract-level beings and would've definitely said something had he not agreed with the vision.

If you want, we could just write:

(Even while weakened, heavily implied to be capable of defeating The Goddess while she was powered by the Cosmic Egg, which is composed of 30 cosmic cubes and "far greater than the sum of its parts")
Okay. It still does not seem concrete enough though.

Okay. It still does not seem concrete enough though.
So can we just write that it was implied? Because it was implied throughout the story that he wasn't lying.

Also, Dormammu said that he would've done it himself were it not for the fact that he was weakened at the time and thus was staying in his dimension in order to regrow his power.

Dormammu also has a gargantuan ego. He does not ever admit that he is inferior to anybody or anything.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Classic Dormammu should be a 2-A outside of the Dark Dimension and a Low 1-C when buffed (like when he absorbed other versions of himself) or inside the Dark Dimension?

Dormammu also has a gargantuan ego. He does not ever admit that he is inferior to anybody or anything.
Very true, but the narrative (and Strange himself) both imply that this is true, and considering that Dormammu was already stated twice to be >= the entire Celestial race (as stated on his profile), it's not like this 2-A feat is any sort of outlier for Dormammu.

Thus, I believe that the write-up should at the very least say that it was implied that he had the power to defeat her.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Classic Dormammu should be a 2-A outside of the Dark Dimension and a Low 1-C when buffed (like when he absorbed other versions of himself) or inside the Dark Dimension?
He scales to Eternity even outside of the Dark Dimension, both directly and indirectly.
Very true, but the narrative (and Strange himself) both imply that this is true, and considering that Dormammu was already stated twice to be >= the entire Celestial race (as stated on his profile), it's not like this 2-A feat is any sort of outlier for Dormammu.

Thus, I believe that the write-up should at the very least say that it was implied that he had the power to defeat her.
If it is mentioned, there should be a "possibly" before it, but we need further input from other knowledgeable members first.

He scales to Eternity even outside of the Dark Dimension, both directly and indirectly.

If it is mentioned, there should be a "possibly" before it, but we need further input from other knowledgeable members first.
1. To be fair, Eternity is also "at least" 2-A but goes up to Low 1-C. Like how just 5 2-A Cosmic Cubes could knock him out.

1.5. Dormammu being at least 2-A out of the Dark Dimension is already valid since that's when he was stated both times to be >= the entire Celestial race, and he was in Hell when he was >= all 5 of the 2-A Hell Lords (Mephisto, Satannish, Hela, Daimon Hellstrom, and Pluto). Also, it would make him saying that his weakened self outside the DD being >= to Odin/Zeus more solid (since Odin goes up to 2-A).

2. I mean, Efi agreed with it, so that's one mod.

Also, if it turns out to only be implied that a weakened Dormammu >= Cosmic Egg Goddess (even though I disagree with this), then the "possibly" wouldn't really be necessary IMO since if it is just implied, then that is basically saying that it's just possible that a weakened Dormammu is above the Cosmic Egg.

That is my view as well. The Eternity scaling is fine, if it has not been added to the page already.

That is my view as well. The Eternity scaling is fine, if it has not been added to the page already.
To be honest, the entire reason I started this thread was because of how I was surprised at the Eternity fight not already being on Dormammu's page, especially since it's one of the most iconic moments for both characters.

Also, you could add that Eternity is far above Umar, since IIRC Umar was rather afraid of him and thought her brother was mad for taking him on.

Truth be told, the Cosmic Egg was something I found WHILE I searched for the comic where the Dormammu-Eternity fight was, and even if it isn't added then it doesn't matter since Dormammu is still at least a 2-A for being both >= the entire Celestial race and being >= all 5 of the 2-A Hell Lords combined.

Yes, and he was greater than the hell-lords outside of his realm and inside of theirs.

I will unlock the page. Tell me here when you are done.

I will unlock the page. Tell me here when you are done.
Thanks.

Just to be sure, I know the Eternity thing is agreed on, but can/should I put that it was "Implied that a weakened Dormammu could defeat the Goddess who was powered by the Cosmic Egg"?

I'll let you know when I'm done.

No, let's skip the Goddess reference. It is too uncertain.

No, let's skip the Goddess reference. It is too uncertain.
It's ok. It's not like Classic Dormammu is short on 2-A justifications, I mean him being >= the entire Celestial race is arguably almost as impressive.

Also, I added the Eternity fight to Dormammu's write-up.

Thanks for the help!

No problem. Is there anything left to do here then?

Okay. Will you create a new thread for that then?

Wait until you have made proper preparations in that case. A half-assed revision is not helpful.

Okay. You should probably prepare the revision via PMs with me and Impress first though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back