• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Addition to the page of Soul manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very simple everyone seems to get that the soul hax is the same as mind manipulation in the sense that is quantity what declares the potency of it yet the page does not seem to clarify this like the page on mind manipulation does so this is what i propose to add:

"we judge the potency of Soul Manipulation by how many people its user can affect at once with it. This may range from only a few people at a time to entire planetary populations."

Of course that rule would not apply 4D and higher D soul hax (unless i am mistaken and people still use the same rule for 4D and higer D)

This is a simple addition as it seems that everyone (even those that dont like it) seem to accept that we use quantity to define the potency of soul hax same as mind manipulation.

This is very straightforward and I see no harm in adding an additional line of text to the page to clarify potency, even if it is just a copy and paste of the Mind Manipulation explanation.

i know i was just saying besides i am too lazy to come up with new wording so that came from heaven for me.

Have you asked some more staff members to give input here?

I agree, lots of people do get soul and mind mixed up all the time when anybody who studies mythology, philosophy, and theology knows there completely different. While there's no specific definition of soul, it's still an immortal spirit that typically passes unto the afterlife upon among other things upon death. Or floats as a ghost, where as the mind is just the thought process of something.

As for the ability, it's pretty strait-forward that the potency is based on the collective population of the effect.

Stronger souls should preferably have feats, but some people do have souls that are billions of times stronger to resistance than a single one.

Well, for example, in Ergenverse souls get stronger as the characters do, and at some points they can jump out of the bodies, use magics, and fight as if they still had their original body. They use more of an "Attack Potency" method for souls, you need to blast them with a ton of power to destroy them. How do you even compare, say, a High 4-C soul to some large number of regular souls?

I mean that's for a-lot of other verses, unless it gives 1:1 comparison between a regular soul and a cultivator then soul erasure and soul rip potency is impossible to calculate. It'd just get lumped up with normal potency.

Their NPI against souls of similar or greater durability is pretty much Bleach. Which would be soul destruction.

wouldn't having the same text that is present on the Mind manipulation page be enough ? Just replace mind manip with soul manip and there we go . Just my two cents tho .

Naeblis495 said:
wouldn't having the same text that is present on the Mind manipulation page be enough ? Just replace mind manip with soul manip and there we go . Just my two cents tho .
Yeah, I think this point makes sense.

The changes would be:

• Generally speaking, we judge the potency of Soul Manipulation both by what it can do and by how many people its user can affect at once with it. This may range from only a few people at a time to entire planetary populations.

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

The thread has concluded, so it should just be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back