• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adding 3 More Feats to Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about what do you think and your arguments from your beliefs
The Argument from before is from the belief that Olly would watch one of these broadcasts to know Toads are in space without hard evidence he has or knows Toads are in space in any other way, if anything Weeb is arguing from belief here

Why do these statements have to refer to every Toad in the universe? He could fold every Toad on the planet and his plan of “never having to see one of their stupid faces” would still be fulfilled.
What does "all" and "every" and mean to you? Considering how he's not only affecting beyond the planet and still claims this, yeah, he clearly means every Toad. It's total genocide for them. You also realize Toads travel to space and then travel back, right? They don't always inherently just stay at one spot, Captain Toad has an entire crew constantly traveling to galaxy from galaxy. So Olly would still be seeing others when coming back. Plus the game states "all".

And on the Sun Bit, Hole Punch was using the Sun as a source of Light for his Disco Ball, not really anything to do with King Olly’s plan
I doubt Olly would be preforming something lesser than one of his goons.

I doubt Olly would be preforming something lesser than one of his goons.
Well without hard evidence his plans go beyond the stars your kinda at a impass here

It’s also kinda moot because well, Hole Puncher didn’t take the Sun, only the Sun in the desert (how that works idk) Sunlight is all around the rest of the kingdom so it’s clearly still around

And why do you think it only refer to every toad in the planet only?
In fact there is no mention of "this planet" and he could fold every Toad on the universe and his plan would still fulfilled as well and i'm sure DDM mentioned that in his message
Do you have proof world means universe?
image0.png

It’s also kinda moot because well, Hole Puncher didn’t take the Sun, only the Sun in the desert (how that works idk) Sunlight is all around the rest of the kingdom so it’s clearly still around
That'd still be beyond just the planet, no?

Well without hard evidence his plans go beyond the stars your kinda at a impass here
Not really, why else would he be sending minions in the first place? If one of his weaker goons are doing so, why is he doing something lesser in an amped state no less?

That'd still be beyond just the planet, no?
Considering no other Mario Game has ever had a Second Sun to my knowledge, it seems more like a part of the desert rather then beyond the Planet (I mean the Sun is also connected to the temple opening, so the Sun has some magical properties there in the first place)

why else would he be sending minions in the first place?
Hole Puncher is a part of the Legion of Stationery made to protect the Stremers, that’s why he’s sending them out

If one of his weaker goons are doing so, why is he doing something lesser in an amped state no less?
Because that’s just not his Plan, Plenty of even Universe Busters have Planetry takeover as there goals, I mean you should know, Bowser’s main goal in life in nearly every game is to Marry 1 Woman who’s clearly not interested

sure, King Olly is probably above Star Level, I can see that, but that isn’t evidence his plan is anything more then to take over the planet/kingdom, specially Since Hole Puncher took the Sun purely for personal reasons to have a Dance Floor

Looking into both these Olly is rather weak for an argument first off we only really see him warp the present which is 3-A at best if that. Yeah he does it by folding reality which I feel is possibly literally given his behavior and the whole folding gimmick he has but he he does it by folding himself weirdly so it is likely some magic folding technique. I am now against this feat being used to argue low 2-C however we still have one last hope for paper Mario giving a second low 2-C feat Dimentio scaling remember he didn't kill the cast he teleported them to the underwhere.

Jesus Christ, when will the same repeated nitpicks stop? "hurr Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence". Yeah, it's an extraordinary claim that Olly wants to fold and bend a planet to his will, then affect the solar system for no reason, then also says he's bending "the very fabric of reality" (which means essence of the fabric/fabric itself) to just mean one small area, and then hop from planet to planet to kill all toads around the universe (with no proof).

I swear, Occam's Razor literally doesn't exist on this site. Low ends are not always valid. That explanation I just made up above is proof of how convoluted it is.

But anyway. The people here don't seem to understand that Fabric of Reality is always gonna mean all of space and time.

The Fabric refers to Space & Time

Reality
is the sum of everything that's existent

The sentence gives you:

Bending the space & time of all that is real/existent.

Naturally, the term reality is gonna refer to all things real. So Olly is bending the space-time of everything that is real.

So. If you think he's only bending a part of spacetime. Why not look for an example of the same wording that doesn't refer to everything that exists. And I mean reality specifically. None of this. The latter word in this picture doesn't refer to all of something.

Ask for the MP5, it's still a definite no. Bowser not using any macguffin-of-the-week in this plot doesn't automatically means he can destroy worlds now. There's still the factor that Bowser have not shown this level of power in games prior and he simply could mean destroying everything or causing chaos within the world rather than everything in one go. Otherwise, like Smashor said, he could of done it already. It doesn't why he wants to do it. The issue is how. As we stated before, extraordinary feats needs extraordinary details or evidence and someone else saying it isn't enough. With no context in how Bowser is going to do this, the fact he never did, no visual cues, anything plot relevant to support this, and Bowser's feat in previous games being nowhere a close, it's logical to take the statement as a hyperbolic one. This isn't nitpicking, it's just maintaining the standards of the wiki. Imagine how many buffs there would of have been if we just bought every villain with a "I'm going to destroy the ____" statement without the details in how.
This is a good assessment and one I agree with at the moment. The same arguments have been passed around since my last response as far as I can tell so for now count me as opposed to the revision.

Relax, this isn't nitpicking. We are just judging on what we are given and how it fits to the wiki standards and going by the arguments, the one's vouching for King Olly being Low 2-C is honestly becoming more weaker if I have to be honest. The Hole Puncher simply has a Star level feat. That does not mean he or Olly can effect an entire universe and world =/= universe every single time. We have to stop with this argument. There has to be more evidence that that. Due to the lack of context we just have to believe Olly warped his surrounding reality in an unspecified range (Planet level if we have to be super generous) like many characters who also did so.

Ask for MP5, sorry but that's not a valid reason to randomly believe he can bust worlds without the additional information/context. Not to mention the big elephant in the room: How? How can he do this? He doesn't have a magic macguffin? Fine......so what is he going to use? His magic powers? Sheer strength? A device/machine? Or they simply mean he's going to destroy everything IN the world itself or cause havoc? The game never laid it down and Bowser can't destroy worlds with his own power or in games preceding it, no matter how you imply or try to twist the information. And with no feat in the game itself, it's logical to believe the destruction they have in mind is related to his dictation, like in several past games. Until we have an actual scan of him destroying a world or at least more context in how he plans to achieve this, this upgrade is no dice. Period.

Last edited:
Magic spell is technically possible however I believe he brought koopa kid to help him and given his primary goal goal was to have someone strong fight him, koopa kid didn't really help him with that and unless bowser knew he would be dealing with a Mario party that also seems unlikely so he was there to help destroy dreams and koopa kid has no evidence of such magic. Artifact has zero evidence as everytime he has a powerful artifact he or the game's narration made it very clear. Device some what possible as there is the device in the frightmare minigame but bowser uses it to fight player character and fights player character directly later. Physical I think that is the most likely thing so far. Maybe but destroying a low 2-C construct is still low 2-C.

He plans to bring ruin to these worlds and uses destruction. Whether he plans to do it with magic or AP is irrelevant but it's evident it's one of those two because there are no machines nor macguffins present.

As I've said, these dreams you go into may well be conceptual and representing a theme everyone dreams of, which is why Bowser destroying them effects people's abilities to dream, because that concept would forever be ruined if Bowser got his way.

Sorry but that's not how it works. Knowing how a villain plans to destroy something is indeed important as it determine what he/she is capable of on his/her own or the tier. No items or machine =/= Base AP on a silver platter. Otherwise, Whitebeard would of have been 5-B for a similar "He'll destroy the world" statement.

What are the others options his physical strength is never stated or implied to be weaker than his magic especially given he uses magic to fight people comparable to him and normally his physicals are shown stronger. If it's his physicals or rampage he destroyed a low 2-C construct either way.

Dino_Ranger_Black:

So what revisions should we perform here exactly?

The Hole Puncher simply has a Star level feat. That does not mean he or Olly can effect an entire universe and world =/= universe every single time.
No we were saying that the range was beyond earth and in fact in both versions it's consistently the entire world and not sure why would it be limited to planet when some of his minions can fold the sun, why wouldn't he just do that to the planet already as well since his plan is to reshape the world and destroy all toads and world = universe depending on the context (especially since mario used that term to refer to universes in past games), sorry for my bad wording but i think DDM explained it better
Due to the lack of context we just have to believe Olly warped his surrounding reality in an unspecified range (Planet level if we have to be super generous) like many characters who also did so.
Seriously? "Super generous"
Yeah let's ignore that a part of his plan is to get rid all and every toad and let's ignore that there is many of them in the planet and across the universe.
Ask for MP5, sorry but that's not a valid reason to randomly believe he can bust worlds without the additional information/context. Not to mention the big elephant in the room: How? How can he do this? He doesn't have a magic macguffin? Fine......so what is he going to use? His magic powers? Sheer strength? A device/machine? Or they simply mean he's going to destroy everything IN the world itself or cause havoc?
Oh yeah this is "my interpretation is more valid than yours"
We aren't going to assume he was going to destroy what's in the dream without additional information as well
The lowest explanation isn't always the simplest/best one in fact it's consistently stated he was going to destroy then replace it with his own selfish dreams, it honestly doesn't matter if you don't believe that bowser can't perform such a feat, the burden of proof is on you here

The game never laid it down and Bowser can't destroy worlds with his own power or in games preceding it, no matter how you imply or try to twist the information. And with no feat in the game itself, it's logical to believe the destruction they have in mind is related to his dictation, like in several past games. Until we have an actual scan of him destroying a world or at least more context in how he plans to achieve this, this upgrade is no dice. Period.
You said he will only destroy what's in the dreams and then you said he can't destroy them and then you said we don't have scan of him destroying a world but again you implied that he will destroy what's inside the dream without evidence as well but just assumptions(because if you said that we didn't see him destroying the dream we also didn't see him destroying what's inside the dream).i'm getting headaches either elaborate what do you mean or just stop nitpicking
It's consistently stated that bowser will destroy the dreams and replace them with his own selfish ones (again) it's really that simple 😿

Everybody please calm down. We are just discussing how to make fictional powerscaling most accurate/reliable.

@Starsprite53 I didn't make anything confusing whatsoever. I simply said Bowser can't destroy universes with his own power with a statement not being supportive enough to prove that he can due to the lack of details within it. Nothing more. He can say it as many times as he likes but without that crucial point in how it can be done, feats in past games no where being close to universal, or even a minor indicator/demonstration, we simply take this as an act of havoc.

@Antvasima Well, it seems that none of these feats aren't what they seem. The Mario Party one is pretty moot for reasons I stated previously and the King Olly seems rather unlikely. Sure, one of the Stationeries has a Star level feat but that's all it is in terms of range. It doesn't confirm that they can affect the entire universe. Plus, I think the argument is rather weak as we have multiple villains whose plan is primarily catered to earth/planet but can also destroy/affect celestial objects, several Dragon Ball characters comes to mind. I say it's time to close this thread because I and many others are tired of sounding like a tape recorder and being insult by people who can't handle a disagreement due to simply being cautious about the rules.

Last edited:
So do we not need to make any revisions based on the arguments of yourself and others in this thread?

Okay. If no upgrades or downgrades are necessary, I suppose that I don't mind if we close this thread, but we should wait for some more staff input first.

Ok then lemme get this straight and i want a honest answer what do you really think of mario party 5 feat?
The issue is people are only playing it as a villain only statement, but Misstar is right there
We treat dreams as universes in mario and in fact he is going to replace them
And to replace something you need to get rid of it, completely destroy something to replace it by another feels more logical than ruining it
Try to replace the word dream by universe and see how it will go
I feel like people aren't aware of the existence of occam's razor
You implied that he is going to destroy what's inside the dreams without evidence and if you're going to say "we didn't see him destroy the universe in game" then i must say he also didn't do that to what's inside the dream, because he didn't even start that's the point of the game to stop Bowser before he does his bad things to the dream depot
feats in past games no where being close to universal, or even a minor indicator/demonstration, we simply take this as an act of havoc
That's not refute, you imply like characters can't do stronger feats in later games

Last edited:
Like, where did you get that from?
Espacially since that also lacks more details and will cause holeslike how is he going to effect it? what's the range?how is he going to replace it by an other dream (universe btw)? How does effecting certain objects will equal to the entire dream (a universe)? Does that mean when destroying a planet means destroying a universe? espacially since the dream of the universe exists How is he going to do that? What random and certain objects will cause the destruction of the universe, A space station? A house in a planet is destroyed does that mean the planet is destroyed? And in fact misstar thanks mario for saving the dream of the universe, from what? From it's destruction

Last edited:
Espacially since that also lacks more details and will cause holeslike how is he going to effect it? what's the range?how is he going to replace it by an other dream (universe btw)? How does effecting certain objects will equal to the entire dream (a universe)? Does that mean when destroying a planet means destroying a universe? espacially since the dream of the universe exists How is he going to do that? What random and certain objects will cause the destruction of the universe, A space station? A house in a planet is destroyed does that mean the planet is destroyed?
Isn't the show supposed to answer these questions and not leave things vague?

the show supposed to answer these questions and not leave things vague?
The argument "he only effects random areas/objects" (which somehow came out of nowhere) leads to this
Bowser and Misstar who is the guardian of dreams and a reliable source consistently say that he will destroy the dreams universes and replace them with his own selfish ones, and logically to fully replace the old dreams with his dreams which are universes he should get rid of them/destroy them
And we really accept the "destroy universe" statements for many profiles

Looking through everything, there's something I'm seeing mentioned quite a few times that's confusing me. Some examples would be:
This isn't nitpicking, it's just maintaining the standards of the wiki. Imagine how many buffs there would of have been if we just bought every villain with a "I'm going to destroy the ____" statement without the details in how.
Otherwise, Whitebeard would of have been 5-B for a similar "He'll destroy the world" statement.
It seems to imply there's something inherently wrong with this approach and seems to boil down to "but if we let this pass, we'd have to pass other instances of such a thing" without really explaining the problem. And what's more, it was confirmed with this being in line with wiki standards:
You'd be extremely surprised on how much we already allow this.
It almost seems like it can be countered with "well, sure, let's do that too", as there's no real elaboration as to the issue at hand here or why it's a problem. Maybe Whitebeard has evidence against this tier, but that just means it's very case-by-case, since of course not everyone is going to be a 1:1 of his case, fiction's just too flexible for that. The best I could find for why this would be troubling is "it's logical to take the statement as a hyperbolic one", but in this example (Bowser and the dream worlds), not only is it elaborated on to such an extent that hyperboles can be ruled out, but it's the driving force of the entire narrative that was mentioned to outright be causing damage to Dream Depot in both the English and Japanese localisations. Whilst if it was just Bowser saying it once, maybe I'd agree since it would more or less be a one-off quote, but not only does Bowser claim this a lot to the point it's basically drilled into your head, but Misstar shows great concern over it and even supports it with statements of her own claiming he could do so. Considering she's one of the Star Spirits who overlook Dream Depot, it pretty much seems like her job to know what can threaten the dream worlds, making her a reliable source. And considering how relieved she is at Bowser leaving a dream, it's pretty clear he's indeed a huge threat even in her eyes. So, to claim it's hyperbolic just doesn't work here.

Which means we're back to square one, what's the issue with taking claims of world destruction as... well... exactly that? I feel like I'm missing something, especially if the wiki has already accepted such cases and it's not like world destruction isn't a feat. Whilst "feats vs statements" is definitely something you hear a lot, we shouldn't outright deny statements. Whilst I can understand some cases may be contradicted, this doesn't mean all cases are contradicted (this one in particular being a core part of the narrative, so basically the whole game wants you to believe it) and so if the worry is just "it would open the flood gates", just apply a case-by-case basis as we do for a myriad of things already on this wiki (especially when the wiki has already opened said flood gates anyway!).

[Also this is solely questioning this particular issue, nothing about the "method being vague" points also being thrown around]

Well, the main point is that we should not take hyperbole statements or flowery speech literally unless we can verify that it seems very reliable, and several wrongs do not make a right in this regard.

It also helps to set a bad precedent for lax standards regarding other franchises later on.

And we really accept the "destroy universe" statements for many profiles
Just to correct you, no we don't. Not unless there is stuff like scaling, and other heavy exposition and context regarding how the feat was going to be done, what is the method, and whether it is really talking about one-shot, etc. DBZ, Bleach and Thanos are examples of this from the top of my mind. And if we even did take every run of the mill universal destruction statement at face value without considering anything else, we would have been doing it wrong.

Last edited:
Well, the main point is that we should not take hyperbole statements or flowery speech literally unless we can verify that it seems very reliable
Ant. Hyperbolic speech is something that is impossible. Bowser destroying dreams is possible, it makes sense

Just to correct you, no we don't. Not unless there is stuff like scaling, and other heavy exposition and context regarding how the feat was going to be done, what is the method, and whether it is really talking about one-shot, etc. DBZ, Bleach and Thanos are examples of this from the top of my mind. And if we even did take every run of the mill universal destruction statement at face value without considering anything else, we would have been doing it wrong
Yeah i think you're right here but anyways to mention again, misstar and the narrative already implied he was going to destroy the universes and replace them with his own

How are hyperbole descriptions impossible? It is a quite common feature in fiction by my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back