• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acnologia vs Straw Hat Pirates

Haven't seen this battle done yet. Here we go.

Fairy tail acnologia by animefanno1-d9q9g43
Straw Hat Pirate

All bloodlusted and full power.

SH Pirates as of the Dressrosa Arc. Luffy can use Gear 4th, but he still has time limit. Franky has the Shogun.

Victory by death (KO in case of Brook)

Go!

^ provide reasoning lmao... obvious fanboy alert (though I'm one to talk)

Strawhats win due to advantage of numbers and versatility + the fact that Luffy is already on par with Acnologia stat-wise (speed, AP/Dura) and he is stronger than Acnologia while using Gear 4th (at least Small Island+ and probably low end Island level).

The Straw Hats may not be able to do any serious damage to Acnologia, but their combination of attacks/versatility would allow them to consistently keep Acnologia from fighting Luffy with full strength.

Straw hats win with relatively mid~high difficulty as a result.

Acnologia cos Dragon force natsu>demon form mard geer but natsu can only give scratch to him which meant you need to be way above mountain lvl to beat acnologia.

Well it true but df natsu who is >mard geer can only give minor damage ( http://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/411/12 ). Imagine if df natsu = mard geer damage mard geer take will be lest than that.

@Omega -- Luffy is Small Island... At least Small Island+ in Gear 4th. Small Island is a full tier above Mountain.

@NotEvenHuman -- just because they are much weaker than Acnologia, it doesn't mean they wont factor in the battle. Zoro and Sanji can both at least be irritable to Acnologia and push him back with their currently most powerful attacks. Combination attacks from the crew can slow Acnologia down much like in the battle against Oars, though with a more minor affect, but even a little amount of support from the crew can give Luffy an opening to damage Acnologia.

Mountain level = 100 Megatons of energy

Large Mountain~Small Island = 1 GT ~ 4.3 GT

Small Island is pretty much the next step above Large Mountain though they are in the same tier. The difference is pretty minor.

Also, Acnologia is Large Mountain level via scaling above FDK Natsu. Luffy is Small Island in base, low end Island in Gear 4th.

Large Mountain is the same as Small Island.

Also, no. Luffy is the only one doing any damage here. Everyone else gets one-shotted.

I honestly don't care about the result of this fight and i'm not really in the mood for a debate, so i'm gonna stop here.

High 7-A Large Mountain
or Small Island
1 Gigaton to
4.3 Gigatons
109 to 4.3x1094.184x1018 to 1.79912x10194.3x
Yeah It's clearly the same..

might as well not be diferent ratings in that case. Still giving it to the pirates because Luffy's still stronger via gears.

Acnologias at least what Luffy is has better physical stats ,limited invulnerability,soul extraction and probably many other haxxes though he is slower he still tanks Luffys best attacks with ease and wins G4s time limit is pretty short too

Also did someone say strawhats have hax? Lmao what hax they have none.

If Acnologia tanked a at least large mountain level blast from igneel with no damage while its Dragons magic which should be super effective something that isn't even that and weaker isn't even tickling him

I keep thinking I'm on another wiki ... Large Mountain and Small Island are different tiers on there... sorry :( !

@Akuto Explain to me how he easily tanks Luffy's strikes when both are the same tier? Also, Acnologia's physical strikes are going to deal almost no damage to Luffy especially in Gear 4th given his high resistance to blunt force. Luffy's strikes are going to hurt Acnologia excessively in Gear 4th.

Acnologia only notable attack as of now is his breath attack. He never showed any "soul hax" even though it has been stated. We don't know if he requires prep time or if it is something he can apply with no effort.

@Cropfist What hax? The crew literally doesn't have any notable hax.

@NotEvenHuman They're obviously not going to damage Acnologia with their attacks, but you act like they can't do anything to him that could slow him down or bar him from fighting all out against Luffy. Zoro and Sanji are both faster than Acnologia, actually. The Straw Hats have massive versatility advantages and can find ways to help Luffy beat him.

His soul extraction is explicitly stated to be DS Magic so it doesn't need prep as any other DS Magic shown within the series nor does it need force

Acnologias at least what Luffy is at Fullpower that means Luffy is his minimum in G4 so is igneel if igneels Dragons magic didn't do anything to him Luffys definitely not.Its like Mard geers durability he is still affected by other attacks but demons slayer is super effective that's why Natsu barely did a thing compared to gray.So Luffys attacks aren't doing anything if igneels didn't neither is Luffy

He also possibly has memory manipulation since all other dragons had it but we'll see

@Akuto -- Exactly... it's Dragon Slaying Magic -- exclusively for Dragons. Also, just because it is "DS magic" doesn't mean it "doesn't need prep time". Please tell me how that is logical.

Acnologia is Small Island.

Base Luffy is Small Island. Gear 4th Luffy is likely Island via scaling to Doflamingo: " Likely Small Island level. Probably higher in Gear 4. "

Luffy currently has higher stats than Acnologia.

It's funny that you say Igneel did nothing to Acnologia when he ripped his arm off and bruised him up quite good before Acnologia managed to kill him. Igneel is powerscaled above FDK Natsu, which has a 400 MT feat, so Acnologia scales to Igneel because of that.

Nothing on Luffy's file says Island Level. It just says likely higher but no exact value. Plus Acno has yet to truly go all out. Anyway that's all I want to add. I could careless who wins as of now. Also prove that Acno's soul hax needs prep time...

Smh...

Prove that his DS Magic needs prep that's completely groundless

Base Luffy small island? G4 Luffy is who's small island...

He doesn't have higher stats than Acnologia excluding speed read the profiles properly.

Igneel used a dragons breath which Acnologia laughed off he only ripped his arm off due to plot igneel was at half power acnologia already shredded his FP

Igneel here is probably at least small island which is > Luffys FP his dragons magic which should be super effective didn't do shit then neither is Luffy

Your argument isn't valid

You're disregarding the fact that it is DS magic. Also, I'm saying his magic is featless and suggested that it is possible to require prep time. No need for either of you to behave so immaturely when you're wrong <3.

No, Luffy in Base is Small Island. Refer to his page rather than disregarding the stats.

Right back at you: Read the profiles properly. Luffy is Small Island in Base. Likely higher in Gear 4th.

Igneel tanked hits from Acnologia due to plot? Igneel wounded Acnologia due to plot? Igneel left Acnologia severely damaged by the end of their fight due to plot? It is your argument that is severely invalid.

Sigh

Baselessly claiming something that was shown multiple times could suddenly need prep is ridiculous....

I'm not i just heard of these stats recently actually his stats don't really make sense since it's based off a small confrontation like ace vs Aokiji but I don't care enough to make a thread about it so whatever

Igneels FP was shredded by Acnologia even that Acnologia was said to have been casual by Zeref or at least not at FP no one in the show has pushed Acnologia refer to igneels page

Igneel and Luffy are roughly equal in ap so Luffy isn't doing much to acno

So yes your argument is invalid

So, i'm not going to vote or have a dicussion on this, but let me say something: Acno's soul hax can't be used. It's an informed ability with unknown mechanics and limitations. We don't know if it needs prep, if it only works against dragons, if he needs to kill the enemy before using it, etc. We don't know any of that. We have seen it's effects, but not how it's used.

Just because it's DS magic doesn't mean it only works against dragons, btw. DS magic deals extra damage against dragons, and regular damage against everything else.

"Likely higher" doesn't mean Island level. It could be just Small Island+.

Igneel wounding Acno was not plot, it was Acno being arrogant and not taking him seriously enough.

Yes because the Soul hax have totally been shown multiple times (not even once...?) and it is DS magic, so i fail to see its relevance.

Luffy's Small Island tier comes from taking a Small Island~Small Island+ (depending on what j/cc you are more inclined to believe) blast while being within a couple meters of the source and suffering no visible damage from the attack while still recovering from a previous fight.

You say that Luffy's stats make no sense, but the powerscaling for Igneel and Acnologia is absolutely ridiculous. It only comes from scaling above FDK Natsu and nothing more. Even if Acnologia was weakened by Face, it doesn't automatically mean he is vastly superior to Igneel especially since his body could not withstand some of Igneel's attacks -- cough, he was MAMED.

"Igneel and Luffy are roughly equal" They are in the same tier, but unlike one of them, the other actually has a feat to place him at that tier... and besides... Gear 4th is listed as Island.

You also seem to forget that the straw hat crew is part of this fight. Straw hats win.

My argument is not invalid. You are just being spiteful for no apparent reason.

How is DS Magic suddenly different? Acnologia has never been said to be a exceptional Dragon slayer he was a regular one who managed to slaughter the rest so his DS Magic needing prep is nonsensical.

I already admitted that other attacks would work but not nearly as effective as DS Magic however like gray and Natsu vs Mard geer for example.

I agree with the rest though

Oh pls even a fodder from Zerefs crew has shown to be capable of damaging on astral/spiritual level

1.He's small island likely higher I'm not going to deny stats

2. A fodder springan was island level and implied to be country level but it was labeled "hax" so yeah Acnologia is nerfed by nitpicking

Both Luffy and Igneel are small island and likely higher their is no island level Luffy anywhere

Strawhats are fodders Acnologia laughs off small island level breaths from Igneel they have nothing to even scratch him

I'm not and it is invalid actually

You really think acnologia vs igneel at full power? FUTURE acnologia kill FUTURE natsu,gajeel etc who is wayyy above current

@Omega -- obviously he didn't use full power, but does it even matter if he was wounded and had an arm taken by Igneel, who's tier is only due to POWERSCALING above FDK Natsu?

@Akuto -- the Spriggan that is apparently "Island" was due to her ability to change the size of anything within her magic range. How is it anything that can be considered destructive capacity or attack potency when all it does it alter size? So, does that mean Cana is Large Island for KOing her with a "Cana chop"?

Not even saying that Strawhats will outright damage Acnologia. Ever heard of the ability to distract, blind, or slow your opponent?

Not like Dragonslayer magic? Dragons are resistant to magic, not physical force.

Acnologia laughed off a dragon breath... not his arm being ripped clean off.

http://www.mangamint.com/fairy-tail-477-0?page=14

Her magic is island range yeah and possibly more hence her nickname and their is no feats for her durability although it was a gag scene in the first place

They can't even scratch Acnologia and he isn't the type to be thrown off game he'll just tank everything they have with no effort and nuke em.Luffys G4 is the only thing and it'll still not be enough.

He already has his arm back in the recent chapter funny you mention that lol

Igneel was at half power and Acnologia wasn't at FP.Even then Igneel is still probably at least small island <= G4 Luffy <<<< prime FP Igneel which Acnologia smoked<<<<<<<< FP Acnologia who apparently hasn't been pushed to it yet and has Igneel along with the power of the entire dragons race

That said he'll probably show feats soon anyways but he still wins

? why'd you link a completely different topic?

Altering an island size to be the size of a rock does not mean she has Island AP. She can only compare to the weaker spriggan.

Acnologia is arrogant. He played around with Fairy Tail before eventually blowing them up. I find it that you're being biased if you really think Luffy's Gear 4th "isn't enough" when Acnologia is at a tier in which he would be hurt pretty badly by single gear 4th blows.

Does it change the fact that Igneel injured him and ripped his arm off? I don't think so.

So, half power Igneel was enough to wound a weakened Acnologia?

You're still dodging the fact that Acnologia and Igneel's tiers come from powerscaling to Natsu's FDK mode. You also seem to be suggesting that Igneel and Acnologia are still stronger due to clear bias and complete lack of LOOKING AT THEIR CURRENT STATS.

We're not talking about the future potential stats for a character. Luffy is currently Small Island and so is Acnologia. You're not going to simply suggest that Acnologia "will be this strong when he shows feats" because you WANT him to win.

Gosh... I'm not even like that with Doflamingo (Not lying at all >_>)

Yes it scales to AP it was also calculated

The link was a fodder spriggan showcasing soul manipulation so yeah they did already show that.

Attack Potency: Probably at least Large Mountain level via powerscaling (traded blows with Acnologia and temporarily took him down, although it should be noted that Acnologia was weakened by Face, and Zeref later commented that Acnologia has never used his full power) | Unknown, likely much higher

^Igneels stats suggests he's even more powerful than Luffy in his prime actually looking at it ...so yeah I'm not denying stats at all

If a guy who is comparable if not more powerful than G4 Luffy didn't do shit to Acnologia with breathes how is Luffy doing anything to him?

And I only mention the future upgrades didn't present it as an argument ....-_-(Also doflamingo is done he has no hype anymore)

"Probably at least Large Mountain level... Unknown likely much higher" -- "suggests he's even more powerful than Luffy..."

You're literally contradicting what you told me earlier when I stated Gear 4th was Island level... it's listed as "Probably higher (Island)" so if you want to suggest the probably suggests he is > Luffy, then you have to assume that the "probably island" for Luffy is valid.

Also, "via powerscaling" -- you're aware that means that Igneel has no legitiment stats, correct? He is simply being powerscaled above Natsu and Acnologia is being powerscaled to Igneel.

Please feel free to link me a valid calculation for Acnologia or Igneel.

Let me turn the question around to you since I've answered it plenty of times: how is Acnologia planning on hurting Luffy? Luffy will resist just about every blunt attack made by Acnologia, he will make it his job to avoid every tooth and claw on Acnologia (due to his awareness that piercing strikes are effective), and he is a much smaller target than Acnologia is + faster. He also has FAR superior range than Acnologia due to his rubbery body and air pressure from his strikes.

@Cin

You do realize range is not a problem as Acno has energy blasts right. Do not forget that while he's smaller, Acno does have AoE and more experience. Just pointing that out.

No because the stats state that Luffy in G4 is likely higher but prime Igneel is likely *much* higher get the difference?

I don't even care much for calcs in the first place scaling for something the authors don't even draw consistently is flawed so I just go by common sense but stats is what's being used in this case so you'll need to accept that prime Igneel is implied > Luffy

Blunt attack? Acnologia just uses soul extraction or nukes with several km ranged blasts

@Dragon -- how exactly is Acnologia "smarter"? I'm curious. The way I see it, Acnologia is an idiot with a god complex and Luffy is a meat-hungry brat.

@Akuto -- It isn't implied that Igneel is stronger that Luffy. That's pure bias. His stats were literally "At least Mountain" before Natsu got an upgrade. Their weakened states are not even legit small island level, but since there is no way to calc Acnologia's breath attack (since it only hit igneel) in that fight, there isn't anything to prove or disprove their tier.

His soul extraction ability is featless - you're still not giving me evidence that "it has been shown multiple times before" and it is a DS magic art. his range has not been shown to be more than a kilometer (Tenrou blast and his blast on Igneel were not that long range). Luffy is capable of stretching for some kilometers (i need to go back and find proof since i lost track of the chapters).

I'm saying that blunt attacks would be nullified in this fight. only his blasts and piercing blows will actually affect Luffy.

I'd also like to point out that Luffy might as well be Island level in Gear 4th since in translation, it is suggested to have tripled Luffy's attack potency (according to Doflamingo, who has been tanking his blows for several chapters: http://www.***********.net/one-piece/784/13) and he tanked a low end of 1.53 GT from Fujitora (using 69j/cc which I honestly find low for stone, but whatevs~) while in base.

Intelligence: Hundreds of years of experience in battles....

Dude, almost no fight is determined without some bias. Heck you talk about him yet you are showing bias yourself.

Based on the stats of Igneel and Acno(in which logically are the same.) are on par with luffy even in gear 4...

1.Dont care wasn't the one to write it that it up in a thread until then prime Igneel => G4 Luffy

An island is supposed to be shorter than a km? What is that nonsense.His DS Magic extracted the souls of many dragons including the ones shown in the Tarturus arc so it does have feats

I know blunt force won't do anything due to Luffys G4

Just do a thread man if it's accepted and Luffys island level then he just wins I'll even vote he does but for now the only thing he has is speed advantage by a tad

Luffy in Base: Small Island

Doflamingo: Small Island+ (more or less since he outmatched Base luffy while injured)

Luffy in Gear 4th: "Probably higher in Gear 4. (Stronger than Donquixote Doflamingo)"

Igneel is "Probably at least Small Island" and Acnologia is the same. If anything, Luffy has a comfortable edge in AP and Durability.

Luffy also has a speed advantage over Acnologia (who is Mach 400+ iirc, but I forgot what he is accepted as on this wiki) while Luffy is comfortably superior to Doflamingo in speed with Gear 2nd and Gear 4th (Doflamingo being, at minimum, Mach 640 in combat speed... should be superior in reaction speed via pro-cognition from his low level observation haki)

Of course I'm being biased, but at least I'm giving reasoning using the profiles provided.

@Akuto

"I don't care .. Prime Igneel = or > Luffy" when nothing supports that. where's the reasoning?

Are you suggesting that Tenrou Island is even the size in which "Island" is on the chart? Tenrou Island is SMALL. Busting the entire island would likely be a City feat using violent fragmentation, but Acnologia did blast away a large area of water and left a big crater under it, which I find to be easily over 1 GT of energy required (which is Small Island) I'm saying that Acnologia blasted the island from about a km away, maybe more.

Btw, an Island is defined as a piece of land completely surrounded by a body of water. The size is pretty irrelevant.

Speed advantage by a tad? Mach 400 vs Mach 650+ is not a small difference. Also, Luffy's profile needs to be edited due to Doflamingo being listed as Small Island+ and Gear 4th being listed as stronger than Doflamingo. I'm pretty certain however that being listed as "probably" a tier is the same as being "likely" the tier... I'll have to ask since it mildly confuses me.

Back