• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acnologia upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that blast is like 6-A. Look at the background. They're not too far up above the height of some mountain range. The curvature thing could be just an artistic issue. I suggest waiting for the next chapter and waiting for input from a calc group member.

Why do you assume every curve in fairy tail has to represent the entire earth, instead of you know it being the curve of the horizon or you know the simple fact the panel ran out of space to show more of the ocean.

Soldier Blue said:
I don't think that blast is like 6-A. Look at the background. They're not too far up above the height of some mountain range. The curvature thing could be just an artistic issue. I suggest waiting for the next chapter and waiting for input from a calc group member.
Acnologia is seen far above the bomber airship in image 2 on the post.

Grudgeman1706 said:
Why do you assume every curve in fairy tail has to represent the entire earth, instead of you know it being the curve of the horizon or you know the simple fact the panel ran out of space to show more of the ocean.
Acnologia is far above the airship in the panel. The horizon is the curve of the planet. Running out of space to draw an ocean would not make a curved line..

DocAnimeTheory said:
Acnologia is seen far above the bomber airship in image 2 on the post.
1. Doesn't change the fact that he himself doesn't seem to be too far above the height of some mountain range in both images you provided.

2. It's not like he's kilometres above Christina or something. And what does Christina have to do with this anyway? The only way I see someone estimating what height Acnologia is at in these two panels is by comparing to the mountain range in the background.

3. Again, the curvature could be an artistic issue. Unless we go with Earthland having dozens of kilometres tall mountains.

Mars has many 10+ kilometer mountains. I don't see why that would be much of a problem.

This would be backed up by numerous statements in the series if it's around continent level.

I also agree with Soldier Blue and Grudgeman. This seems extremely unreliable, and most likely to be artistic license.

I decided to reopen to see if @Docanimetheory has anything to say, if he doesn't respond in a day or so I'll close it again

Thats not be even City level, we can compare the size of the ship to see this

Acnologia_calc_3.png

As people above have probably already mentioned the curvature of the planet is far behind so direct scaling isn't possible.

When the chapter came out i did a quick calc about the feat and i got ~200 Kilotons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back