• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Accelerator vs Mega Alakazam

Malox1696 said:
ok but my point still stand what does he gain form copying vector control ? it's still incoclusive
No. Miracle Eye notes his resistance and then it's mind hax for the win.

Yobobojojo said:
Malox1696 said:
ok but my point still stand what does he gain form copying vector control ? it's still incoclusive
No. Miracle Eye notes his resistance and then it's mind hax for the win.
how does that work ? he still redirects the mind hax

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Alakazam just nullifies the redirection. And hypnosis would still work.
"nullifies the redirection" again explain it gets redirected he can redirect it back and so and so fort

Malox1696 said:
btw where is hyponosis , it's not on gen 7 or the page
It comes from its Pearl Pokédex entry, which states that it can use all forms of psychic abilities.

...which I just realized that means it entails even more broken Psychic moves like Magic Coat...

them why is it not in the profiles or the move set where im supposed to get data on alkazam ?

btw DT point still stands if he uses any other thing apart form vector control after he traced him he is gonna die by how the ability works

Oh, by the way, couldn't it use skill swap and remove accels ability to use the stuff?

Also pretty sure it can learn Magic Coat without the statement too.

Accel's resistance isn't a conventional resistance. He just reflects the attack. Also, his wings can act on their own, boosting his power to higher ends of High 6-C (Beyond any Saint level char, including some people who are absurdly above the 254 Gigatons feat)

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Oh, by the way, couldn't it use skill swap and remove accels ability to use the stuff?
Also pretty sure it can learn Magic Coat without the statement too.
i was takling about hypnosis and btw vector control works while sleeping at least the passive part

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Yeah, but it would lose the vectors with skill swap. Or skill swap and disable combo.
disble works on move

and mega alakazam is locked to trace if im not wrong

... Wait. Does Alakazam have Magic? If yes... GG. Esper powers cause the user to self-destruct if they try to use magic

so back on topic trace would work but might lead to self destruc, hypnosis is not on the page or move set and even then vector shield work while he is asleep, other points ?

The real cal howard said:
I mean, what powers Mega Evolution in itself comes from Xerneas and Yveltal, and it's not like a normal amp as it does hurt them (to the point that some of them start melting), so I doubt that too much power would be a problem so long as Accel's power source isn't higher than that.
I thought this was post headshot Accel, who has High 6-A durability by itself?
Esper powers don't have a power source. They just reality warp stuff to make it happen. The issue isn't too much power but just that it is impossible even just on the theoretical level (e.g. 2 level 1 abilities would also be impossible, despite negligible power and calculation effort). Basically it has to do with mechanics (The explanations regarding why it happens are kinda sparse).

Only angel forms have anything but street level dura without shield. Though even for those it's quite possible that we are talking about more of an angel power armor than normal dura.

I'm not 100% sure verse equalization works that way. Otherwise, Alakazam would die anyway due to having multiple powers, with or without Trace.

The real cal howard said:
I'm not 100% sure verse equalization works that way. Otherwise, Alakazam would die anyway due to having multiple powers, with or without Trace.
The thing is either you verse equalize it so that you assume trace can copy to arus esper power, in which case he also has to deal with the restrictions that the powers come with, or you don't verse equalize it since their nature is too different and trace will not work.

You can not say they are the same but different.

Pretty sure that's not how it works either. It sounds like a restriction of the character rather then the power.

I think Ala should only explode if he tries to copy two powers from someone else, not due to having powers himself

Yobobojojo said:
Pretty sure that's not how it works either. It sounds like a restriction of the character rather then the power.
im pretty sure if u verse euqalize u "equalize" and if u want something to work on the other they go both ways if not moves like disable would not even work in fights

Yobobojojo said:
It has nothing to do with the character, but with the abilities mechanism.

Yobobojojo said:
it's not the caracthers, thats how it works, same reason ability of pokemon works on human and etc

Just mentioning that... Pre-Headshot Accel's calculation powers are something above several supercomputers, and we are talking about Academy City technology. Even the Sisters, who are essentially biological supercomputers due to being level 3 espers and etc (there are around 10,000 of them) couldn't make up to half of that capability. His wings are tens or hundreds of times better than that.

Unless 5000 IQ can make up for that... yeah, Alakazam isn't going to have a easy time trying to use Accel's powers

Yobobojojo said:
Still, he wouldn't have two Esper abilities then , just that one and his ow
ok do we equalize or not ? Trace copy ability, not esper power or any other passive, but we count it as we equalize the universe, so we transform the esper power to a passive ability, it might have 20 pages long text thanks to all the restrictions and mechanic but when u verse equalize that how it works.

it limits him to use only esper related power if he doesn't want to die so the moment he tries any pokemon moves he dies or get cripled

While a Pokémon with Trace is in battle, if at any time an adjacent opponent has an Ability that can be copied by Trace, Trace will activate and replace itself with that Ability. After activating Trace, if a Pokémon gains Trace again (e.g. via Skill Swap), Trace will activate at the first opportunity.

No. Esperanza is a passive no matter how you look at it. We aren't equalizing abilities to Esper powers, we're saying passives are abilities

Cant verse equalize espers. They are incompatible to magic in their own verse forget magical pokemon. Not like alakazam could use accelerators vector manip. His calculation ability is too complex for alakazam. Also he wud also self destruct using a esper power alongside its.own abilities aswell.

Back