• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acausality vs HD Causality

It already is, as much as feats are required for someone with NEP to survive their dimensional structure being nuked, especially with how now it's just Incorporeality with extra steps nowadays, anything else would just be semantics.
Oh, not like that, lmao, more like assuming anyone that was "above" (standards were poor and more arbitrary back then) High 1-As was inherently omnipotent, and so by extension such characters had to also be portrayed as omniscient and overall with no limits.
Well these likely need to be changed themselves. But logically all these would have to be bound by the dimension they operate in.

And cause and effect being bound by dimensions is just a natural consequence by existing, the higher the dimension the more spatial dimensions cause and effect must function in and if a character doesn’t show that level with his acausality or causality hax then we go with the only thing to be shown.
Point me to the official staff or CRT thread that decided that.

Because the last time I checked a lot of staff agreed higher dimensional beings can't interact with with lower dimensional entities that have NEP type 2 even if they are tier 0s without proof. It's like saying higher dimensional entities can interact with a lower dimensional "nothing".

It's literally in the NEP page:

Note: The aspects in which a character is not nonexistent in the common sense are what makes them into a 'living' character. As such, if a character with this power is reduced to a state in which they can't display any properties of something that exists (e.g. becomes unable to take any actions), they are effectively dead/erased. A consequence of that is that feats or special reasoning are required for a character with this ability to survive the complete erasure of their plane of existence, as one needs to confirm that they are able to still display some existent properties on a different plane of existence.

As for the thread, here

Acausality should be at least 4D because we deal a cause and effect system which comprise part, present and future so 3D acausality 4 or 5 make no sense.

But anyway acausality is tricky, i doubt type 1 is being bound by dimensionality since it is just a time paradox immunity, type 2 is just slightly more busted type 1, type 3 nothing dimensionality related. So the only relevant is type 4 & 5

Yeah, but at that point it'd probably scale to durability or similar, as the same principle can be applied to an higher structure that merely holds the one a character resides on and so forth.

Yeah, but at that point it'd probably scale to durability or similar, as the same principle can be applied to an higher structure that merely holds the one a character resides on and so forth.
But the only 2 characters that I know so far that can exist independently from their own cosmology would be Wukong and Oblivion

The NEP changes were rather recent compared to the latest significant CRT either had, so I'd lean on those pages maybe being outdated.
Anything further would require asking DontTalk TBH.

The NEP changes were rather recent compared to the latest significant CRT either had, so I'd lean on those pages maybe being outdated.
Anything further would require asking DontTalk TBH.
Sunw wukong's page was just created this year. It's not that outdated

Acausality should be at least 4D because we deal a cause and effect system which comprise part, present and future so 3D acausality 4 or 5 make no sense.

But anyway acausality is tricky, i doubt type 1 is being bound by dimensionality since it is just a time paradox immunity, type 2 is just slightly more busted type 1, type 3 nothing dimensionality related. So the only relevant is type 4 & 5
this is why I was wondering, because causality already involves time

No, they are separate. They are no longer default in the wiki.
It is not about time, but the framework of cause and effect, in order for it to work it need to comprise past, present and future, an entire system itself ranging from past to future, so it can't be 3D

It is not about time, but the framework of cause and effect, in order for it to work it needs to comprise past, present and future, an entire system itself ranging from past to future, so it can't be 3D
Our world works with the framework of cause and effect, and we are not 4D (most likely, it's not proven that we are in 4D).
Don't see why you need to be at least 4D.

It is not about time, but the framework of cause and effect, in order for it to work it need to comprise past, present and future, an entire system itself ranging from past to future, so it can't be 3D
Cause and effect is independent from time. You can have the destruction of all of space which leads to the destruction of time. The Cause and effect would still exist even without time

Cause and effect is independent from time. You can have the destruction of all of space which leads to the destruction of time. The Cause and effect would still exist even without time
things happen due to the flow of time my guy. you can't have an effect if there's no where for it to take place.

I still don't see why you need to be 4D, even if time is dependent. If it is true, we are living in a 4D volume, which means the universe is infinite (and it is not in fact).

We living in a 4D construct though. And again void of nothingness or not, causality is a system comprise of past, present and future, the cause and the effect

We living in a 4D construct though. And again void of nothingness or not, causality is a system comprise of past, present and future, the cause and the effect
Is it really proven, tho? Like if it is proven, that our current standard definition of the universe should be low 2-C and not 3-A.

Is it really proven, tho? Like if it is proven, that our current standard definition of the universe should be low 2-C and not 3-A.
3-A is just 3d matter. 4D is space-time continuum, that why when destroy observable-sized universe and space-time is involved then it is Low 2-C

3-A is just 3d matter. 4D is space-time continuum, that why when destroying observable-sized universe and space-time is involved then it is Low 2-C
Ya, but 3-A is our standard definition of “universe” due it is within the limits of 3D.

And if (what you are saying is true, pretty sure that's Einstein's theory) that space-time is our standard here, then low 2-C is the standard of an observable-sized universe because if you see in the tiering system, 3-A is compared with our current universe in real life.

Anyways, I still don't see why time is necessitated in cause and effect system. In fiction, they are mostly separate unless the verse said otherwise.

Ya, but 3-A is our standard definition of “universe” due it is within the limits of 3D.

And if (what you are saying is true, pretty sure that's Einstein's theory) that space-time is our standard here, then low 2-C is the standard of an observable-sized universe because if you see in the tiering system, 3-A is compared with our current universe in real life.

Anyways, I still don't see why time is necessitated in cause and effect system. In fiction, they are mostly separate unless the verse said otherwise.
Agreed

One example from DB verse, despite there is no time and space in World of Void, there was a cause and effect system regardless.

I don't see why we need to associate them with being the default.

1. If we destroy universe without further context sure. But if space-time is involved, then it is 4D

2. The hell you saying??.

3. I never said about time only, i said causality system comprise of the cause and the effect (result), the entire framework itself is the course of action from the start to the end, which is 4D. It is 3D if you just take a single "snapshot" out of the entire course

1. If we destroy universe without further context sure. But if space-time is involved, then it is 4D

2. The hell you saying??.

3. I never said about time only, i said causality system comprise of the cause and the effect (result), the entire framework itself is the course of action from the start to the end, which is 4D. It is 3D if you just take a single "snapshot" out of the entire course
1. You don't get it. If space-time is the default (more like a standard for the definition of the universe), then “universe” is space-time according to your analogy.
2. ^^
3. A causality system in fiction does not need time to function or even a timeline, and I gave a simple example down.

Last edited:
It always has been, if a system of cause and effect scales above another in terms of Dimensionality then it would affect 3-D Acausality.

Remember most forms of Acausality only grant a resistance, not Immunity.
This doesn't prove causality is affected by dimensions. Do you think things that are 2D exist on a different system of causality?

1. You don't get it. If space-time is the default, then “universe” is space-time according to your analogy.
2. ^^
3. A causality system in fiction does not need time to function or even a timeline, and I gave a simple example down.
1. Again did i ever said space-time is default???.
3. Again i never said about time, the system of causality is you need to form a course of every moment of action put together creating cause and effect, the framework of causality is 4D. Can you stop default what i said mean i said about time???

3. Again i never said about time, the system of causality is you need to form a course of every moment of action put together creating cause and effect, the framework of causality is 4D. Can you stop default what i said mean i said about time???
That doesn't even remotely elaborate on why cause and effect is 4D

1. If it is not defaulted, then the assumption that Acausality type 4/5 is 4D default false.
2. If you are not talking about time, timeline, or linear time, what is the point of the 4D default for acausality?

Plus, being angry or mad in threads is ineffectual, we are discussing and talking as humans. Unless this is how you naturally talk, passively aggressive, then it's fine.

Back