• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKM sama

Waifu Connoisseur
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Human Resources
My main question is:

"possibly Building level (Henry's maximum potential is unknown, but uninjured it might reach this high)"

Why is his AP being assumed at this level without any calc just based on pure assumption? It should probably be removed.

And can someone please provide the other evidences (video links, screencaps, calcs) for his other feats so they can be added in his profile to support his rating. For example:

• At least Small Building level (Can easily cleave through trees. Defeated Adam, who easily beat Henry Sturges; Henry was capable of lifting a large train coach with one arm while heavily injured)
  • at least Subsonic+ reactions and combat speed (Dodged flintlock bullets at point-blank range)

Questioning if I'll actually have to buy the book and/or movie to find these answers out.

But at a glance the AP rating should go, cutting through trees with shear force is likely 9-B no matter how you slice it.

The Subsonic+ rating should probably go until actually calculated.

If the Lifting Strength feat stated within the AP is legitimate, that's probably the only thing that can stay.

Yes, that can be calced for the AP feat. Thanks.

Although, I can see how lifting and throwing a train can be scaled to AP. But it wouldn't scale to his durability.

What kind of AP would the horse toss have? Cause Abe totally tanked that. He also ran alongside them a couple of times, so he might qualify for Superhuman speed.

Watching the movie now. I think the Dodged flintlock bullets at point-blank range is a non-feat. The only time I saw that, he knocked a guy's arm out the of the way as the guy went to fire. That's a Lincoln moves guy's arm before guy can pull trigger, not Lincoln dodges bullet. (unless I missed a scene somewhere).

Because clips don't exist. Also, this may be a good analogue for the train. Here you can see the train start to slide backward (though you can't see Henry grab it). The feat is actually wrote down wrong. That's an engine, not a coach (unless I missed a scene somewhere). Henry does get slammed/throw through a wooden boxcar roof though.

Yeah, the AP is very vague and unreliable. Calcs should probably be made to accurately tier Lincoln. Also if you want to watch the movie, you can.

The secret ingredient is crime

There's two ways to do the chop a tree feat...the easy way, and the complicated but ?possibly? more correct way.

Way 1 - Easy: Use this, modified for Red Pine? (41.8512 J/cc). Lincoln states the tree must be more than a foot across...aka, it's a Small Tree (31.75 cm = 12.5 inches).

Smaller tree = pi() * (31.75 cm / 2)^2 * 31.75 cm = 25137.44135 cc

Smaller tree = 25137.44135 * 41.8512 = 1,052,032.085 J (Wall level)

Way 2 - Complicated:

• Step 1 - Way 1 divided by 2 since he cuts ~ half the tree in this fashion. [526,016.043 J]
  • Step 2 - Apply the shear strength of the wood breaking to the other half of the tree (690 PSI) How you do that...idk.
  • Step 3 - Calc the KE imparted into the tree from the strike by measuring the distance the left side of the tree travels from the left side of the trunk, get the timeframe from the end of the cut to the peak height of the tree, and get the mass of the tree...all of that will require pixel calcs and watchframebyframe to accomplish.
  • Step 4 - Add all that together.
Note: If you're going to go the complicated route, you might want to go the distance and get the actual diameter of the tree and swap it out with the 31.75 cm from Way 1.

For the speed, I think Superhuman makes sense if he can keep up with horses.

Alright. I guess I'll go ahead and make the changes then.

Thanks for all the help ChemistKyle. I greatly appreciate it. Now the verse is green as far as the audit goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back