• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Whis/Vados' ability. Only mere matter manipulation?

I see how Whis and by extension Vados' ability to create things even as complex as Atmosphere/oxygen breathable by humans is reffered to as mere matter (manipulation)

However today's episode implied something far different, mainly because of two things

1: A Vague reference but still one of note.

Someone asked Beerus if Champa made the entire stadium himself, and he replied

Beerus:(not the exact words) He didn't, and even if he did, it would look terrible. God's of destruction are not good at creating things.

And the star of this discussion is what whis did. He recreated the entire seating, by making the seats literally vanish, and reappear as something else. The way the new seats were made, it looked like Matter Creation, not mere manipulation(which is still a thing with whis though)

Any thoughts?

Just "Creation". "Matter Creation" is not a terminology we use and this seems reasonable. Perhaps even reality warping, though a very low showing of it compared with other franchises.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Just "Creation". "Matter Creation" is not a terminology we use and this seems reasonable. Perhaps even reality warping, though a very low showing of it compared with other franchises.
I guess I only used Matter creation because other feats similiar to this one were identified using said word.

I mean how is it not creation? Did you see the episode? Did you see how he made those things? He just poofed them into existence

TheMightyRegulator said:
Well to be fair Creation is a sub-category of matter manipulation but I guess this can be added to their profiles.
Thats a good thing, but I am curious how useful Creation could be in a fight? Is it more probable to call it creation rather than reality warping? They did add oxygen to a specific area/atmosphere

Creation is reality warping, or at least one aspect of it. Although many confuse it reality warping has far more applications than creating from nothing.

Creation can be used to make weapons or hinder opponents, or bfring opponents but the way Vados and Whis do so, they have yet to apply it in combat IIRC.

It's not usable or useful in combat, so adding these abilities will be pointless, and confusing for casual users

Faisal Shourov said:
It's not usable or useful in combat, so adding these abilities will be pointless, and confusing for casual users
It's still something nice to know tbh

EDIT: if whis/vados can add oxygen to an area, Whis showed the ability to "delete" vados' seats... could they perhaps remove the breathable oxygen in a certain area?

It can be useful in combat

Back