• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the I/O profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's wait for Iapitus. He is creating an explanation blog with lots of examples.

@Antvasima That sounds good to me. I'm ready to be proven wrong about the power of the verse. I just don't think anything in this thread so far is evidence of 1-A. (High 1-B might be a bit more debatable). I still don't understand how a 1-A can be bound by quantum physics though.

Anyway, lapitus, I appreciate all the effort you've put into explaining the verse.

Yes, thanks to Iapitus for helping us out.

Its Easter so I'm trying to take a break from this, but I already posted a scan of the infinite structure. I was taking a break from the blog on satuday and sunday, but will return to work after. Finding the scans of transcending the hierarchy is first on my list. I already have scans of possibly tranduality, which just need to be formatted and uploaded. Look for that monday or tuesday

Bad Jokes aside, here is a scene of Marduk creating an infinitely layered world by dreaming, right after being born. The way she describes the world, is either an infinitely layered Type IV multiverse, some type of transduality, or some combination of the 2. I am leaning more towards transduality. Mind you, I do not believe you must be outerversal to be transdualistic, so y'all can discuss the implications of that

I am uncertain about transduality, but fiction does not seem to consistently portray such characters as beyond all concepts of space and time, according to DarkLK.

What has been provided so far definitely seems like it could be used to justify High 1-B.

But considering how strict and careful we are with other franchises that sit at a potential border between High 1-B and 1-A, I don't think we can actually give them more than that with what has been shown, for right now.

Haven't we always treated dreaming something as being transcendental of it though?

Matthew Schroeder said:
And I agree with the Imgur comment over the lack of context. It could honestly just be High 3-A, for all I know.
did you forget that they already stated the difference between layers are at least a dimensional difference apart? The album I already posted previously

Iapitus The Impaler said:
did you forget that they already stated the difference between layers are at least a dimensional difference apart? The album I already posted previously
In that context, but in that scene you posted the "World of infinite layers" appears to be just one universe.

Why would we choose dreaming something up in one case be transcending it but not in another case?

I don't see how transcending infinite dimensions isn't 1-A, especially when things like Tenchi or Masadaverse can get 1-A ratings without ever remotely mentioning anything close to infinite dimensions. But whatever.

You can have infinite levels of transcending over baseline High 1-B and still be High 1-B.

And you can be 1-A without infinite dimensions.

Matthew Schroeder said:
You can have infinite levels of transcending over baseline High 1-B and still be High 1-B.
And you can be 1-A without infinite dimensions.
And, I'm sorry, but this makes absolutely no sense.

Ryukama said:
I don't see how transcending infinite dimensions isn't 1-A, especially when things like Tenchi or Masadaverse can get 1-A ratings without ever remotely mentioning anything close to infinite dimensions. But whatever.
I can't speak for the Masadaverse, but in TM's context, it's more akin to "no actual cosmological model using any number of dimensions can actually describe or properly categorize these beings", which is different to just transcending the basic requirements for High 1-B.

1-A isn't dependent on the number of dimensions. It can be related to many other things.

Also Masadaverse is 1-A based on Taiji / Yin-Yang Dualism Philosophy. They are beyond all forms of duality and exist in a pure realm above duality where neither space nor time exist as concepts, because they are dual concepts.

Ryukama said:
Because the transcendence must be conceptual. If them dreaming results in a conceptual transcendence of the hierarchy, then its 1-A. Otherwise, its usually a higher degree of High 1-B.

Think of it like this, If i have an infinite hierarchy of Books, each with a reality fiction difference between them. You know, A Book within a book within a book. I couldn't just watch an infinite hierarchy of books through another book, that would just be a higher level. But if I was beyond the concept of Books, then that would be equivolent to 1-A. Thats how I understand it anyway

For Tenchi Muyo the reasoning is just that this super smart guy can't fathom or make any hypothesis on the Chousin, yet humans have made hypotheses on infinite dimensional space. Therefore they are 1-A. I still see no reason at all as to how this is more concrete than, hypothetically speaking, if someone was infinite levels of transcendence beyond infinite dimensions.

I also find being transdual and "beyond the concepts of space and time" to be too vague for 1-A. At least for the insanely high stanard we are putting many different 1-As on. But whatever.

That's not at all wh Tenchi Muyo is 1-A. It is because super-scientists with technology that can identify, analyze, and comprehend higher-dimensional beings cannot even begin to fathom the Chousin on any level. And they are explictely above the dimensions.

Ryukama said:
I also find being transdual and "beyond the concepts of space and time" to be too vague for 1-A. At least for the insanely high stanard we are putting many different 1-As on. But whatever.
As for this, I agree. There must be more proof, more context, right? That sounds like it could even just be 5D depending on the context. I'm sure y'all got some context that backs it up, perhaps some implication that space referse to axial dimensions?

Someone toss up a thread similar to this one for Tenchi Muyo or Masadaverse, whichever is in question. We can discuss it there. Until then, we should get back to I/O and the requirements of 1-A

@Matt That is exactly how Ant explained it to me. And again, super smart people who can understand unspecified higher dimensional beings, yet can't fathom the Chousin, isn't at all concrete enough for 1-A in my opinion. Especially under the immense scrutiny we give for many other characters for 1-A.

"There are two options in order to qualify for this tier: There should either be a qualitative superiority over infinite dimensions"

^ How does entirely transcending infinite dimensions, or being infinite levels of transcendence over infinite dimensions, not count as this?

Ryukama said:
^ How does entirely transcending infinite dimensions, or being infinite levels of transcendence over infinite dimensions, not count as this?
Because infinity + infinity =/= "beyond the very idea of infinity" or "completely free of all forms of dimensional boundaries".

Don't worry, grabbing more scans for the blog and proof of 1-A. This isn't all I plan on bringing, as you can tell from my meme scans lol

Also someone link that post on Tenchi Muyo's tier, will ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back