• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the Gentle Pull (Mario Bros.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Huey has the desire to be reunited with all Big Paint Stars. Mario has the desire to be reunited with Peach. Was it done by a wish? Nope. So both had the mindset of being with someone. Huey got his. If it wasn't a wish, what was the mindset? Desire. What was displayed in every other Mario game? Desire to be reunited. What do we see just happen? The same thing.

My point in BiS was also ignored.

Okay, counterpoint:

What if it was just done by a wish and the wish had different mechanics. Which is proven by the wishes having different mechanics.

Like, we both agree that they have different mechanics. My conclusion is "maybe the mechanics are just different and the game's telling the truth." Your conclusion is "Actually it was foreshadowing for a game that came over a decade later and we were meant to ignore the claim that it was a wish and make the completely baseless jump that it was about wanting to be reunited or something."

I responded to the BiS point by saying that I thought the wording was different. Your response was "I don't think so." I don't think there's much more room for back and forth there.

By the way, I'll go ahead and say that I agree with the removal of the Gentle Pull, it's too dubious at best as it has been mentioned, and we have yet to see such "interview" that confirms it being a character.
Trying to find bonds in lore to make it "consistently" a part of the setting is too much of an stretch, we don't go out of our way on a tier 1 series to show how 1-A is reasonably fitting, without proper citations it's just a no, for example.

Last edited:
It's been a long time, but actually the Gentle Pull isn't really an appropriate name, but rather their is an obscure diety with an ability that "Guides the player with its gentle pull". But either way, given the character is pretty much bare bones at this point, I'm fine with deleting it for now. But I may want to know what Dino Ranger Black thinks.

Dino actually doesn't remember that interview existing, nor does Cal or Ryu iirc. And my last guess on who knows about it would probably be Azathoht, but he's retired and is usually very inactive on the wiki.

Okay. The page can probably be deleted then.

However, somebody also needs to update all of the pages that link to the character profile, and we preferably need a footnote in the Mario Bros verse page as well.

Thank you for the input. I have already deleted the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back