• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Soul Eater (Valkyrie Crusade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to do that considering what was agreed/said on this thread .

Before i made Soul Eater 's page, i did ask Admins what tier she'd have based on the "Transcending Space and time" statement, and i was told it would Low 2-C, or even High 2-A at absolutely best.

I did try to remove the "High 2-A" from her page after some people pointed it out in a thread about it, but i was not given "permission" for it to be unlocked for me to remove it, that's why it is still there until now.

I assume based on what was "agreed" on the thread would change it's Tier to "Unknow"? If it helps on her "Transcending Space and Time" statement being taken as literal, she it also stated to transcend/surpass Causality.

The problem really is that the very point of the character is being an unknown/mysterious entity, so purposefuly little is know about it.

Changing her statistics to unknown seems fine to me.

Okay.

Does the "Transcending Causality" statement means anything to her Tier? I am not sure how Causality and Space/Time are related so i dunno if they complement each other. i assume the fact alone would be considered as Type 5 Acausalty?

Is there anyone i can ask about the transcending causality thing?

Also would you want change her statistic to unknown now or wait until i see the causality thing with someone first?

Should the "Transcending Space and Time" thing still be referenced in some way on her page? like "Stated to Transcend Space and time, but to which extend is unknown" or something like that?

Maybe something like this:

"Described to transcend space and time, but the exact specifics have not been clarified."

Can I get a source on the "transcending causality" part? I would like to see that statement regarding "Acausality" to consider what type it is.

Tsubasa16 said:
The complete full quote is: "With power to outdo/surpass even the laws of causatity, I will change the world.", https://valkyriecrusade.fandom.com/wiki/Soul_Eater#Quotes.
Wait... We using that quote?

Huh I check and what it say is this:

"With power to outdo even laws of
causation, I will change the world.
So, give me your soul too.
I'll keep you till your life drains out."
Causation means the relationship between cause and effect... Hmmm

Tsubasa16 said:
As far as am aware of, Causation is a synonimous of Causality (or means causality.)
Hmmm "outdo the laws of Causation"... I not sure as it sound like boasting a bit, but oh well if we gonna take this literally. Since the word "outdo" is used in this case and the power being used in the same sentence. Will this be considered Law Manipulation or Causality Manipulation instead of Acasuality?

Well, "outdo" apparently is synonimous with surpass/transcend, so "she" is essentially saying that has the power to surpass even the laws of causality/causation, doesn't really sound like controlling it i think?

Sounds like she i saying she is so powerful that she can change the world, since she outdoes even the laws of causality.

Tsubasa16 said:
Well, "outdo" apparently is synonimous with surpass/transcend, so "she" is essentially saying that has the power to surpass even the laws of causality/causation, doesn't really sound like controlling it i think?
Sounds like she i saying she is so powerful that she can change the world, since she outdoes even the laws of causality.
I don't think is what it meant to say. When I look closer at that quote, the being in question say "With power to outdo even laws of
causation, I will change the world."

This part here: With power to outdo the laws of causation, I will change the world. suggesting she has the power to manipulate causality.

While this may be true, I doubt that implies transcending in this case as the quote is rather vague on whatever or not she is transcending the laws of causality. Keep in mind outdo and surpass can mean "do better" other than transcending.

Every word can have multiple meaning. In this case, I not sure if that implies transcendence at all.

Hhmm....Then i wouldn't know either, since apparently it depends on which meaning of the word is being used? i do think in that context it likely means surpass tho. (I guess that the transcending space-time statement would not be related to the causality one.)

Maybe just having it be "Acausality" without specifying which type, or "possibly type 5", if anything?

Tsubasa16 said:
Hhmm....Then i wouldn't know either, since apparently it depends on which meaning of the word is being used? i do think in that context it likely means surpass tho (I guess that the transcending space-time statement would not be related to the causality one.)
Maybe just having it be "Acausality" without specifying which type, or "possibly type 5", if anything?
Yeah I think transcending time and space is not connected to transcending causality.

Edit: I think possibly type 5 might be suitable.

i'd add it but i'd rather also have a Mod/Admin's opinion on whether the "Having power to outdo the laws of causality/causation" would be just straight up mean Type 5 Acausality or only "Possibly". I do think that it having the context of "Transcend/Surpass" would be the most accurate since it meaning "Do better than" wouldn't really make sense in that phrase.

Tsubasa16 said:
i'd add it but i'd rather also have a Mod/Admin's opinion on whether the "Having power to outdo the laws of causality/causation" would be just straight up mean Type 5 Acausality or only "Possibly". I do think that it having the context of "Transcend/Surpass" would be the most accurate since it meaning "Do better" wouldn't really make sense in that phrase.

I do disagree as the power to outdo the laws of causation doesn't even implied transcending causality at all.

Edit: Outdo also means "to be more successful than"

Tsubasa16 said:
i'd add it but i'd rather also have a Mod/Admin's opinion on whether the "Having power to outdo the laws of causality/causation" would be just straight up mean Type 5 Acausality or only "Possibly". I do think that it having the context of "Transcend/Surpass" would be the most accurate since it meaning "Do better than" wouldn't really make sense in that phrase.
I meant "do better than" at that part. My bad

"To be more successful than the laws of causality" does kind imply being superior to said laws tho, as would do the "Be better than the laws of causality" meaning.. And honestly "being more successful than" also really woudn't make much sense in that phrase.

Outdo can also mean "To go beyond (in action)", "Overcome" or "to be greater, better, or stronger than", all those would imply transcendence over it, which is why "Outdo" is a synonimus with "Transcend" and "Surpass" in the first place.

I guess in the end it would be decided by which definition of the word would be used/considered.

Tsubasa16 said:
"To be more successful than the laws of causality" does kind being above/superior to said laws tho, as would do the "Be better than the laws of causality" meaning.. And honestly "being more successful than" also really woudn't make much sense in that phrase.

Outdo can also mean "To go beyond (in action)", "Overcome" or "to be greater, better, or stronger than", all those would imply transcendence over it, which is why "Outdo" is a synonimus with "Transcend" and "Surpass" in the first place.

I guess in the end it would be decided by which definition of the word would be used/considered.
Which I also still do disagreed with you on given this will be taking the highest interpretation possible as well.

Honestly it's more a thing of rationalizing which meaning more coehently fit with the phrase, and those would be the "Transcend/Surpass" ones. And even the meanings that do not fit within the phrase still kind imply superiority over it.

But well, like i mentioned it would be better if some Mod/Admin said what they think on the outdo thing. If anything i could leave her as "Possibly Type 5" until one does so.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
I think type 5 acausality is ok, it seems pretty blatant.
Honestly I disagree with what other people saying as it honestly can be interpret from one way to another so best for a staff member to clarify if this can qualified for Type 5 or not.

At least, it will be possibly Type 5.

Acausality type 5 is usually assigned only to tier 1-A characters and above, so I think that we preferably need more of an explanation first.

That statement alone is not enough to be a justification for Type 5. I disagree with that.

I think HammerStrikes makes sense about the context, that is seems to be Causality Manipulation. Though, more input is required here. You can message other staff members as well.

I think that somebody already assigned type 5 to the character. Somebody should probably remove the specific type from being listed.

Okay. Thanks.

Is there anything left to do here then?

Other than getting some input from some other staff member, not much.

I will inform the other staff members to see what they think of it.

Honestly, this doesn't seem a Type 5

With the quote itself, it's more '"a power that surpass causality" which doesn't translate to a type 5 because firstly, Acausality it's more a "state" that something else, secondly, it's not her but her power, which just mean that her attacks doesn't bother of causality. it's more the fact that she can hit Type 5 acausal being besides of her.

The Causality said:
Honestly, this doesn't seem a Type 5

With the quote itself, it's more '"a power that surpass causality" which doesn't translate to a type 5 because firstly, Acausality it's more a "state" that something else, secondly, it's not her but her power, which just mean that her attacks doesn't bother of causality. it's more the fact that she can hit Type 5 acausal being besides of her.
I doubt it will say "she can can hit type 5 acasual beings" plus the quote originally says

"With power to outdo even laws of causation, I will change the world. So, give me your soul too. I'll keep you till your life drains out."

So it is to up to debate. I prefer if we don't take that quote out of context tbh here.

Type 5 Acausality mean that you are beyond causality, everything that work on causality effect doesn't affect you, the quote fit perfectly with the fact that she could hit Type 5 being because her power is already beyond it. But without feat, it's hard to tell

I think that it being listed as "Possibly Type 5" would be the better option if anything, since iirc there are non Tier 1-A profiles that have Type 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back