• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Power Mimicry

Just a small question.

Say someone with power-copying hax faced someone with passive-abilities. Like if they used their eyes to see the past, present and/or future, even at once. Assuming this is passive, lets say the power copier took this ability to see all 3 for himself.

Would he still copy the passive effect? Or does he actively need to use the ability to see the past, present and future?

Feedback would be appreciated.

That is entirely dependend on the fiction and character, so it is case by case.

Medaka for example can (and usually does) switch off all abilities she learns, even the passive ones.

Oudo Miyakonojou on the other hand couldn't turn passive abilities he steals off, if the original user couldn't do that.

Hmm mm I see. Maybe a more specific example might help.

Take Protege and Living Trubinal for example. LT is able to see the past, present and future through his 3 faces. And for arguments sake, lets say its passive and all 3 faces look at the past, present and future all at once all the time.

Protege suddenly copies LT's abilities (which he has). Would Protege be suddenly able to see all 3 at once constantly at that point without ever needing to activate temporal vision? Or would he need to actuall activate it since he doesnt have LT's 3 faces?

I know neither character enough to tell for sure, but I would assume, as long as nothing else is specified (or there are issues with biology), that the power works in copied form for the new user exactly the way it worked for the old one.

This is impossible to effectively say so, in a definitive answer. It depends on the extent of each character's power and the circumstances of the fiction.

As for the Protege, his Power Mimicry is one of the most absurd in all of fiction. He literally went from Low 2-C to High 1-B by copying powers after seeing the Tribunal once.

In his case, the answer is yes, I would say, because his power is just that insane. Also the triple face of the Living Tribunal is just an abstraction. He sees all past, present and future through sheer Cosmic Awareness and being outside linear time.

Depends on the copier.

But I'd say that they likely copy the passiveness.

Back