• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Mob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ONE said that Tatsumaki can beat normal Mob , if Mob gets serious there is no answer.

This serious Mob is 100% Mob not ???%.

How can a unconscious man can be serious?

???% Mob is overkill for Tatsumaki.

You can say 100% Mob didn't show any feat to compete with Tatsumaki but the reason ONE saying that against 100% Mob there is no answer is 100% Mob can absorb other ESPers' powers or atmosphere's power.So he can absorb Tatsumaki's powers like he did against Claw's Boss.

Can you please correct that ,any Mods ?

The issue is that 100% Mob has shown clear and defined limits with his fight against Touichirou, in which the highest rated attack (currently calced) came out as 8-A+, which is several orders of magnitude less than a casual feat from Tatsumaki. It's a clear contradiction.

We have no defined upper limit for ???% Mob going all the way up to the ???% Arc, as throughout that entire arc Mob was fighting himself internally, and everything happening around and from Mob was mostly just by sheer virtue of Mob being in ???% Mode to begin with.

So we can't scale 100% Mob to Tatsumaki as it would be a massive outlier, however for ???% Mob, who is the god-tier of his own verse and has shown no upper limits, it's reasonable to take ONE's statement about a 'serious' Mob defeating her.

I'm pretty sure ONE's statement about serious Mob defeating her means 100% Mob because as i said above, Mob can absorb all physics energy around him even in 100% Mode as we saw against Claw's boss. That's why it is not known who would win between Tatsumaki and Mob because while Tatsumaki has shown better feats than Mob, Mob can also absorb her energy which reduces Tatsumaki's power output.

I do agree with the statement not referring to ???% but I was kinda overruled on this.

@Godlike

The outlier and power difference issue for 100% Mob is still there though. Absorbing energy wouldn't let 100% Mob defeat someone who is orders of magnitude above his best feats, it would be like trying to drain a pool with a pipette.

Even then absorbing energy directly from other exspers and from everything around him as opposed to just their attacks is ???%'s thing.

And why can this simply not mean the statement is contradicted as opposed to being proof of ???% being who's referred to?

Andytrenom said:
And why can this simply not mean the statement is contradicted as opposed to being proof of ???% being who's referred to?
I'll just repost what Ryu had in response to this.

Ryukama said:
???% is when Mob gets serious both in terms of not holding back and emotionally. The whole "he can't obtain it under normal circumstances" is already irrelevant since it's never said he needs to get serious under normal circumstances, this is still by definition him getting serious despite that and 100% isn't obtained under normal circumstances either. But that on top of the fact that Mob now has concious control over ???% and that becomes his natural power just makes it completely moot. Also if it were 100% that already made it questionable of Tatsu could beat him then in ???% he'd definitively curbstomp.
You could consider 100% Mob as still holding back in regards to his true power. It shows, too, as 100% has clear limitations while ???% doesn't.

The statement is only contradicted for 100% Mob. That doesn't make it defunct for ???% Mob.

I know the thread is about ONE's statement on Tatsumaki vs Mob

But I wanted to ask, why is Mob rated "At least Building level" when his calcs are just 9-B to 9-A? Unless I missed a 8-C calc/feat

That is a good point. Perhaps he should be downgraded then.

Okay. That seems fine then, as long as it is linked to in the profile.

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this?

I'd also like to mention something about author statements. When comparing between different series, even from the same author, they should be scrutinized heavily.

For example, the author of Medaka Box and Monogatari made a chart of physical strength for various characters, and had Ajimu Najimi (Unknown but with feats going from moon to star to universal) equally as powerful as Shinobu Oshino (Continent level) and another character with feats topping out at small building level, and had all three of these below a town-level character.

One's history of character statements being accurately reflected in the story and consistent, the context of the quote, as well as information from the shows themselves, should all be taken into account before using that statement for a rating. (Which is why ???% has it and not 100%, it's more consistent with ???%'s feats than 100%'s)

That is a good point, but we already settled the argument about Mob scaling fron Tatsumaki in a previous discussion.

Antvasima said:
Okay. That seems fine then, as long as it is linked to in the profile.
It's linked under durability. I plan on calcing feats from the anime later that support the manga ratings if I have the time so hopefully there will be better support later on.

This can be closed, though, Agnaa's argument clearly explained the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back