• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Metal Bat's Reactive Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at his profile and the reasons behind his reactive evolution doesn't make much sense to me. The description seems more like damage conversion rather than Reactive Evolution and if it is actually Reactive Evolution shouldn't it be limited / minor?

I'd greatly prefer staff input or OPM experts on this.

Then shouldn't we change it into minor or limited Reactive Evolution? Also the link for his Reactive Evolution is broken.

Why is it low? For example, if metal bat's reactive Eevolutionn had some sort of limit, then it would be low, but the thing is, it doesnt. At least not from what we've seen so far. Garou said that metal bat was dead on his feet prior to their battle, but once the battle started, not only was he able to fight perfectly fine, he got stronger, faster, and his durability even went up. What's so "minor" or "low" about this. This seems like regular reactice evolution to me.

I also think that it should be Statistics Amplifications. Reactive Evolution implies the character develops resistances or new powers, and Adaptation is minor (in comparison to Reactive Evolution) body adaptations to certain environments. Simply getting stronger as you are injured doesn't really fit either of those.

His "resistance" towards piercing attacks is also just a durability feat, we don't go giving anyone who has survived a fire attack fire resistance or a punch blunt resistance, it has to be invoked in the series like Luffy's body.

Beyond21 said:
Why is it low? For example, if metal bat's reactive Eevolutionn had some sort of limit, then it would be low, but the thing is, it doesnt. At least not from what we've seen so far. Garou said that metal bat was dead on his feet prior to their battle, but once the battle started, not only was he able to fight perfectly fine, he got stronger, faster, and his durability even went up. What's so "minor" or "low" about this. This seems like regular reactice evolution to me.
yeah, but it doesn't start to counter garou. reactive evolution is something like SCP-682, when it evolves the thing that worked before doesn't work anymore. what metal bat does is more like statistics amplification

I would not call evolution reactive, because it is only a temporary buff in stats, after the battle it returns to normal, otherwise Metal Bat would be the number 1 of the association. I believe that reactive evolution means that buffs do not get lost over time, or am I wrong? I'm not really aware of that.

So, is anybody experienced willing to update the profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back