• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Marisa Kirisame

It's stated that she once picked up Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi, 1 of 3 Japan National Regalia, and said that owning even 1 of them is proof of the emperor. What does it said about Marisa and the sword then? If it picked it owner then can Marisa actually be someone great? If it not, then could anyone became Emperor then? Or is it something else?

The Sword currently belong to Rinnosuke as stated in CoLa cp7 and cp9. Seems like it could control Wind. I don't think it will matter much on the current Touhou settings. Rinnosuke probably can become an emperor if he decides to go to outside world,

Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi is not something like Caliburn (the sword that choose the king). It's more like Excalibur. It was given to Yamato Takeru by his aunt, princess Yamatohime (like Excalibur was given by Lady of the Lake).

Aurugermil said:
The Sword currently belong to Rinnosuke as stated in CoLa cp7 and cp9. Seems like it could control Wind. I don't think it will matter much on the current Touhou settings. Rinnosuke probably can become an emperor if he decides to go to outside world,
Wait, I thought it control Water? What with the "rain-that-proooobably-mean-the-god-are-pissed" thing.

Yamatohime said:
Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi is not something like Caliburn (the sword that choose the king). It's more like Excalibur. It was given to Yamato Takeru by his aunt, princess Yamatohime (like Excalibur was given by Lady of the Lake).
I see... So that mean it's even less (or more, now that i think about it) likely that the sword is just laying around for Marisa to just put it in the junk.

Also now that you think about it, the fact that the Regalia is forgotten kinda said alot about the outside world's state of religion.

Andykhang said:
I see... So that mean it's even less (or more, now that i think about it) likely that the sword is just laying around for Marisa to just put it in the junk.
It was lost... Thousand years ago. And it useless by itself.

Well, whether accidental or not, her water alignment must be ridiculous enough to have that sword in the first place.

Empress Marisa? I fully approve.

On that note I wonder if this can be combat related but like all her junk she never uses them. Would be cool to see in the books/fighting games though

Now that i remember... she does attract and collect many water-related thing , like an evil dragon, a rock that leaked out water, and that sword. It is a dragon and an egg case when she collected many of these thing because she's water alignment, and those thing strengthen that side of her to make her attract even more of that.

Too bad she doesn't used that side of her too often. Water could be flashy too.

Back