• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About getting "almighty" powers from Tier 0 or High 1-As

@Dragon

There are two reasons why I won't do that.

1) I'm not about to put myself in a situation where it's me vs 7 members of the community. At that point, I might get banned.

2) I don't feel like re-reading the discussions to find specific posts, nor do I want to cause hostility between myself and people who wrote the posts.

Edit: This is my last post on this thread

YungManzi said:
@Dragon

There are two reasons why I won't do that.

1) I'm not about to put myself in a situation where it's me vs 7 members of the community. At that point, I might get banned.

2) I don't feel like re-reading the discussions to find specific posts, nor do I want to cause hostility between myself and people who wrote the posts.

Edit: This is my last post on this thread
why, is it against your code, or it would ruined your reputations

In my opinion i don`t have anything against character have power from higher if there is story behind to back up. Telling why this character has this power. Of course if it used in vs match i would too say this ability is banned or not used in this match for ``flawless victory move``.

In my mind we should do as we do now --> look profile --> no proper story behind --> inform creator about there should be something back up this --> if nothing happens then action.

If creator fixes issue, then let show go on...

Alright. Do you think that with this rule, that we shouldn't take "It's a WIP" as an excuse? (I certainly would not)

If it's a WIP then wouldn't they just

A not have vs battles anyway. B be expected to finishe?

He's talking about just having a rule on needing a story to have the "almighty" powers from High 1-A and 0, not just VS threads.

@Drag-O-Drawgon

I would give certain time for that, if there is no change in like weeks after telling creator to change or tell why this is like this. Then i would tell that WIP is not anymore excuse for stats be ``flawless victory mode on``

Or what is your or others opinion about time limit for WIP excuse?

I'd say at most 2 weeks to do some kind of edit making progress in it, otherwise it gets the Hakai. Also, if they do start making more pages (especially like their first page in question), then action may be taken sooner (unless they weren't warned, but in this case, they should be).

But we'll see what everyone else thinks, before we make the rule.

Two weeks sounds good to me and in nutshell..

If you wanna make character, which have powers from tier High 1-A or tier 0. Then you must have good story back up for it. If you are noted for that, you should not make new pages before fixing your noted page. Be noted too that, this kind powers are banned in vs match.

What this kind addition to rules would sound?

This would seem fine. I will go ahead take votes from the community for this rule addition.

Alright, I have decided to put the following in the ban list:

"Any 'almighty' power coming from a Tier 0 or High 1-A: While not outright banned from profiles, they are banned from all vs threads (and wiki's strongest threads) and any votes saying a character wins because of this power (as long as no other reason exists in said vote) should be disregarded. However, any profile that does not have evidence of a story in it and/or is bad quality with one of these powers is banned and will be asked to be fixed, and 2 weeks will be given. If the creator does not fix the page within these 2 weeks, the page will be deleted. Repeated offenses with no effort to fix any pages may result in a ban."

That sound good?

I think the first and second/third sentences should be separate rules. I also don't think the bit about "with one of these powers" is necessary in the second sentence.

So, maybe put the second/third right below it like so?

Any 'almighty' power coming from a Tier 0 or High 1-A: While not outright banned from profiles, they are banned from all vs threads (and wiki's strongest threads) and any votes saying a character wins because of this power (as long as no other reason exists in said vote) should be disregarded.

• However, any profile that does not have evidence of a story in it and/or is bad quality is banned and will be asked to be fixed, and 2 weeks will be given. If the creator does not fix the page within these 2 weeks, the page will be deleted. Repeated offenses with no effort to fix any pages may result in a ban.

Drag-O-Drawgon said:
Any "almighty" power coming from a Tier 0 or High 1-A: While not outright banned from profiles, they are restricted from use in all vs threads (and wiki's strongest threads).

Any profile that is bad quality will be asked to be fixed, and 2 weeks will be given. If the creator does not fix the page within these 2 weeks, the page will be deleted. Repeated offenses with no effort to fix any pages may result in a ban.
FIFY

The first rule doesn't need the "any votes will be disregarded" bit. The powers are automatically restricted, that's enough to say any votes with those powers as their only reasoning will be invalid.

The second rule doesn't need to be a subsection. It can be a rule on its own that bad profiles get the axe. Saying "bad profiles are banned" is weirder than simply saying "bad profiles will be given 2 weeks to be fixed, otherwise they will be deleted". Also, I disagree with deleting profiles for "lack of a story". Some characters are creating on spur of the moment ideas of powers or something, they don't have or need a story.

@Drag

Remember Personality =/= Story. You don't need a story to have a detailed file or a decent paragraph or two worth of personality.

Well, I'll keep the first one in mind, but I feel as if people who will repeatedly (like, a lot) make bad profiles like this will need a temporary ban to tell them they need to stop. And people need to really know that yes, this can result in a ban. That way, nobody can complain about being "unfairly banned". So I think the "you can get banned" should stay.

Second rule is very related, so I feel it should be a subsection. But again, we'll see what other people think. Although I will remove the "needs a story" bit.

Having almighty powers and having a bad profile are not intrinsically related to the point that being a bad profile is a sub section of having almighty powers

It works like this:

>Character with almighty powers created for the sake of experimentation =/= bad character.

>Character with almighty powers created as part of a verse with subjective (opinionated) levels of quality =/= bad character.

>Character with almighty powers created for the Wiki's Strongest Thread or to be the strongest in fiction most certainly = bad character. Regardless if they come from a verse, have legendary levels of character development and personality, or lack thereof.

Making a hax character for vs debates is not a bad thing. Making one with almighty powers for the same reason is. For they have almighty powers they are mostly going to be impossible to beat.

The difference is intent.

Alright, since not a lot of people are responding anymore, I guess I will keep that in mind and add the thing to the ban list.

Sera Loveheart said:
It works like this:

>Character with almighty powers created for the sake of experimentation =/= bad character.

>Character with almighty powers created as part of a verse with subjective (opinionated) levels of quality =/= bad character.

>Character with almighty powers created for the Wiki's Strongest Thread or to be the strongest in fiction most certainly = bad character. Regardless if they come from a verse, have legendary levels of character development and personality, or lack thereof.

Making a hax character for vs debates is not a bad thing. Making one with almighty powers for the same reason is. For they have almighty powers they are mostly going to be impossible to beat.

The difference is intent.
Oh, ok, i get it now.

"About to make a thread on question and answer borde" "realizes this is still open" What qualifys as an all mighty power? Like even if it was created by a 0 or high 1-A would it still count if it wasn't well limitless?

Anything that is on the level of a High 1-A hax (or something of that nature).

Example: Getting a Regenerationn from a High 1-A that cannot be bypassed by any means other than that High 1-A (or a tier 0, it that is there) would be banned from VS threads. However, if it was something like a High regen that could be bypassed/nulled that came from a High 1-A, that doesn't count because it isn't on that High 1-A level, and isn't really "almighty".

Back