• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Executor_N0

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Although I am not a "Marvel guy", someone I know has shown me some Scans about Dormammu and I wonder how information given about the nature of the character itself can be ignored in relation to its level of power.

In The Living Tribunal page there is this scans that says:

Journeying toward "Lower" universerses with fewer than 2.7268409 (etc) dimensions or toward "higher" ones with more than 6.2985923 (etc) one enters universes which are truly different. Yet, even there, life exists -- albeit in forms totally inconceivable to mankind. The so-called "Dark Dimension" has a greater number of spatial dimensions than man's universe.
It is said clearly that the Dark Dimension has more dimensions than the human universal, considering only the spatial dimensions that would mean that the Dark Dimension has 4 dimensions of space, and considering that Dormammu supports the existence of the Dark dimension I find it difficult to believe that Dormammu does not support the temporal dimension of Dark Dimension. And this isn't even considering that the context of the scan would be universes with more than 6 dimensions of which life should be almost impossible, and the Dark Dimension can still fit perfectly.

At least Dormammu would be 4D for supporting the existence of Dark Dimension, if you consider that this also includes the time, then it would be 5D and considering the context of the scan, it could even be 6D / 7D.

But that is not all. It is known that Dormammu is original from Faltine, which is already known to be a world with more dimensions than the human universe.

Anyway, it's also said that this dimension have more dimensions than the Dark dimension.

So... Faltine > Dark Dimension > Human Universe (3D/4D)

The very nature of Dormammu's existence is of a universe that has more dimensional axes than another universe, which also has more dimensional axes than the human universe.

At the very least, Dormammu would be 5D considering only the spatial dimensions. Considering also a time axis, it would be 6D. And because of the context of the first scan, it is already possible that the Dark Dimension has more than six dimensions of space.

So I already believe that Dormammu 5D/6D is very likely since it is the very nature of his being and the dimension that he guarantees existence.

That is correct indeed, and I agree. And just because they ruin a lot of scales, it means that they do not agree with something fixed.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
No. 5-D Doctor Strange would be a result, which would **** up a bunch of scaling.
He would not be 5D. Strange has always faced 6D beings and things like that. This is common for him. He only has HAX for this.

The scan isn't using dimensions wrong. Is it literally talking about universes with a different number spatial dimensions to the normal universe, and it lists some of those universes, which are Tiboro's Sixth Dimension, Tazza's lonely domain, Nightmare's Dimension of Dream, and the Dark Dimension.

SnowFlame556 said:
The scan isn't using dimensions wrong. Is it literally talking about universes with a different number spatial dimensions to the normal universe, and it lists some of those universes, which are Tiboro's Sixth Dimension, Tazza's lonely domain, Nightmare's Dimension of Dream, and the Dark Dimension.
Yes.
And, Dormammu is a Lord of Chaos, he is aspect of Lord Chaos(Concept of Chaos in Existence), in the cosmic duality, he is opposite of Odi and Zeus(Aspect of Master Order, concept of Order in Existence ).
Possible, it scaling Odin and Zeus. Marvel Cosmic adopt the system of dualistes(Equal forces in existence)

Concluding
Dormammu up for 2/A?
Considering much stronger than Nightmare, Tiboro and others ...
And himself is the dark dimensions, and your Faltinian Form.

From all that has been shown so far, what can be said about Dormammu is that it can be 5D/6D.

Considering that the Dark Dimension is 5D (Four Dimensions of Space and One of Time), Dormammu would be 5D for being responsible for sustaining the existence of the Dark Dimension itself, without him the Dark Dimension would collapse into nothingness.

In the same Storyline that determines that the Dark Dimension is by nature a universe with a number of dimensional axes greater than the human universe, it is also described that Dormammu is native to a universe with an even larger number of dimensions than the Dark Dimension and that he have traveled to "lower universes" after being banished from his native universe for committing the sin of wishing matter rather than energy.

With all this clear description of Dormammu being a dimensionally superior being at least 4 dimensions (Being at least a 5D being), having to scale Doctor Strange to him really is what makes this upgrade difficult?

SnowFlame556 said:
About what we see in Doctor Strange the Sorcerer supreme #21 about dimensions, we have to see what they mention as dimensions. We are all aware that when the nature of the transfinite Multiverse, having infinite universes, and being called dimensions is being explained, this is referred to the multiversal structure, not the structure of these kingdoms/universes.

But then the context changes completely in the following scans. The space structure of these universes / kingdoms is discussed. We can see it is already spoken

Here we see that he is talking about geometry of spaces, not universes. So the following ideas he deployed are actually correct with the dimensional system. He did not just use "Dimensions" he sought to make it clear that these universe has a number of spatial dimensions, which is totally correct. In other scans they use irrational dimensions of space for three-dimensional, and that they reach infinity. And in other places that exist 2.7268409D (etc.) So when it is in the context of spatial dimension, the dimension of dreams, and 6D of Tibord's has nothing wrong while dimension work.

If we all agree about the upgrade on Dormammu. How the others Hell lords would scale with him ? keeping in mind that in damnation Dormammu has been defeated by mephisto

@Alonik What are you trying to prove exactly?

@Driger I don't agree with scaling Nightmare from Eternity, since his statement is more about existence significance and not raw power, but I do agree with scaling him higher dimensional through Dimension of Dreams

All demon lords in normal tier are bellow of Hela and Pluton. Gods of Death are much stronger than demon lords.

Hela for example, is Death in all time and space. And in Thunderstriker, your war with Mephisto threatened the multiverse/omniverse. But, they are powerless comparably with Seth or Set (Primal God), or Walker (and your pan dimensional realm). But, is possibly scaling Death Gods and Demon Lords realms with Set underworld(Infinite dimensions). Because Hela, Pluton and Mephisto altering all Hell Realm for "defeat" Dormammu, Dormmammu weakness is the lack of faltine flame.

This upgrade affect Zeus, Odin, Galactus(Need of Galactus for revision is urgent), and all abstract entities. In great part of cases, this character have feats in this tier or beyond.

I can revise skyfather in marvel. But Odin and Zeus not scale the skyfather, Zeud and Odin are aspect of Master Order, and your state in existence is elevated in relation the others. Normal Skyfather are universal and low multiversal.

In Marvel universe, your power is determined for your importance in cosmic balance.

And normal skyfather don't are aspect of order cosmic.

Executor and others make a good point. As Matthew mentioned, the problem is that it would likely mess up our scaling, given the sheer extreme inconsistency of Dormammu, Doctor Strange, and other mystical Marvel characters.

TBQF the Abstracts (Even their Universal Versions) have consistent 2-A showings of power. In-Betweener had one during his first fight with Classic Strange [He was threatening to destroy all realities....Keep in mind this was his first appearance] , and even a fraction of his Universal Abstract self was going to be used to destroy all realities , Universal Eternity is described as a Boundless Universe [and described to be far , far beyond Retconned Beyonder, who has several 2-A feats] , Well-Fed Galactus was used as a bomb to destroy the Negative Zone [Which connects to the Crossroads of Infinity, which at a lowball is a 2-A feat] , Overspace is described as transcending all realities and that is the natural state to all Universal Abstracts (In which they stated only the Universal Abstracts show up here, and those of equal power) , and other such showings.

I would say we should floor it at 2-A. We can definitely go higher depending on evidence, as long as it's consistent enough.

Well, as Seed said, if we upgrade Dormammu, we would have to upgrade quite a lot of other mystical and cosmic Marvel entities as well, to not be inconsistent, and we would need a plan in order to do so.

I can not see the inconsistency ...
In great part of the abstract, magic and cosmic, possess feats beyond 2-A tier.
Surtur flame is capable of destroying the Other World , and Other World is space that englob all space and time of Omniverse, and your function is burn the existence.

Zeus killed Cronos, and is mcuh stronger than Atlas, Atlas strength is capable support infinite weights, like the Heaven(Uranos body ), and Heaven is alternative version of Yggdrasil. And he is capable of tremble the dimension of Living Tribunal in your discussion with Odi. And he can achieve the dimensions limit of time and space, at where Eternity and Infinity exist . (Beyond that point, not exist time and space)

Odin seled a universe, the Tenth realm, and have saved the Other World of burn by the Surtur Flame.

And regular superheroes are still somehow able to beat them.

Anyway, I am personally fine with an upgrade, but we would have to write up a plan for all the other Marvel mystic or cosmic entities that we would have to upgrade in conjunction.

Antvasima said:
And regular superheroes are still somehow able to beat them.
Sorry, but I can't remember of character(Abstract/cosmic) defeated by normal superhero because your power was overcome.
In moments very isolate, it's common, in 100 comics of a character to happen 1x, but, your tier is not altered for 1 moment isolate, agrees to me?

Exemple in Dc Comics: Monitor is stabbed for a normal knife , in countdown for final crise. But, he stop being a entity per it?

We can see this moments, and discard because we are capable of recognize the true tier of character.

These isolate moments are disconsidering. It's not necessary upgrade normal super-hero for it, but Doctor Strange for example, not is a normal super-hero, its your function in the Marvel Universe, fight with entities.(In classic marvel) In resume, these isolate moments, not are a problem.

Antvasima said:
Anyway, I am personally fine with an upgrade, but we would have to write up a plan for all the other Marvel mystic or cosmic entities that we would have to upgrade in conjunction.
I think M-Bodies of abstract beings and skyfathers are the ones who will get affected (among the ones that have profile)

Back