• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Dialga's Immeasurable Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Executor

I only agree that only Creation trio, Lake Trio, Dream Duo and Arceus will get this speed.

@J

>anime

>more reliable

Because same multiverse bullshit that I was told by no less than 5 different people including admins that's how it works. And it's more reliable because the information comes from someone who lives in the distortion world with Giratina and he's been there for years.

Let me explain Pokemon canon to you.

There is a thing called Primary Canon. That is the games.

Then there is Secondary Canon. Those are the Anime and Manga.

Then we have Tertiary Canon . Here lies the spin-offs.

Irrelevant, this information comes from the most reliable source possible outside of Giratina himself. It takes precedence over whatever Cyrus says as he's never actually been there. And a different scientist has.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Irrelevant, this information comes from the most reliable source possible outside of Giratina himself. It takes precedence over whatever Cyrus says as he's never actually been there. And a different scientist has.
And we literally have 3 statements contradicting his statement.

But **** it, I'm not dealing with this canon bullshit again.

Um, yes Cyrus did go into the distortion world.

And why are even counting the player going there? That can simply be game mechanics so the player can go get Giratina.

Same thing with Ash and co going info the Unown dimension. They only go their once and it was because Palkia teleported them there. Afterwards they never ever go there again. It's plot convienence and PIS all in one.

Yeah, that was his first time Kukui when he saud that.

Opposed to Newton who's lived there for years.

So it happens twice? Because they went there in episode 243 or 244. So that's two instances with ash and crew now.

Either

1: Those sources are speaking in hyperbole or are wrong, and there is passage of time there, or

2: A place not having the passage of time does not require immesurable speed to move in in the Pokemon world, regardless of the logic bombs that creates. This is fiction, and obeying Newtonian physics is not mandatory, and it's not like being able to move without time passing at all is any less nonsensical.

Either way, I don't think the mere ability to move in voids like the Distortion World has any meaning whatsoever for speed tiering. Further, I don't think "immesurable speed" should be a thing at all unless it's demonstrated that a timeless void completely prevents movement and perception from normals, AND it's stated that someone being able to move in it is due to their speed and not any special abilities or properties they have.

Maybe Matt, but hes asking me to hunt down scenes andnscreencaps for something has already watched before. This is the second time I've done this, and the first time he didn't watch the episode because he sure as hell wouldn't think Palkia existed in gen 2.

What would be stopping us from saying he meant five years going by in the real world though?

The clock on the other hand I'm neutral.

Because he was so caught up in researching withi the distortion world he was there for 5 years. Also time in rhe distortion wirld and in the real world seemingly are interconnected, as popping bubbles in there have an imediate effect outside but you can watch the outside in real time.

And theres more statements too, dont think its just one or two.

Yes but that doesn't necessarily mean five years IN the RW gone by when that specifically can mean outside it going by real world standards. It's kinda hard to tell how much time goes by in a place you have limited knowledge to compared to the real world.

Bubbles in neutral on.

Quite sure that the statements of a young prodigy genius who succeeded in erasing the universe and shaping a new one and an expert champion in mythology and archeology are more important than the supposed statement of "literally who" come out of nowhere that only appears in a movie, which doesn't make sense within the anime itself.

Also: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Reverse_World

Distortion World Ôëá Reverse World

It matters when this literal who has been studying and living in this world for 5 years, is also a scientist, has technologyon him to gauge all this and describes time flowing, the dustoryion worlds time being effected and more on numerous occasions. Cyrus is wrong, simple as that or the fact he's been in there for 5 minutes tops means he lacks the info to make a proper call.

Because the distortion doesn't grant any speed of any kind, so Giratina and his speed is gone.

Unown dimension is no different, in this regard, from what we see of it it , it doesn't act as a void so unown aren't getting anything either.

The Unown's world is clearly on the same plane as Dialga and Palkias so unless your saying The CT's worlds aren't beyond space-time yes it is.

Yes, because this dude has been doing the same thing for years, while being there, with Giratina, and is a scientist himself and trained a well known scientist in Zero who has done some great accomplishments. And calling him a literal who? Ash didn't know who Cyrus was either.

Also Cynthia and her info is second hand from old stone tablets and such, she's the least reliable person here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back