• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Crono's power... I think it needs a slight downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this page overpowers him a little bit, and specially when it states his durability is planet level.

I doubt that is the case, him tanking Lavos' attacks should be considered as merely game mechanics, which aren't canon and shouldn't be considered for battles, since we saw that the first and only time Crono got caught in one of Lavos' attacks canonically, he got one-shot, and there was nothing he was able to do to stop it unless someone jumped to get him out the way.

I personally think while in the game he receives damage and all that, I doubt any of Lavos mortal attacks really caught him, I see a battle where he dodges, takes cover behind a wall or some magic spell, but I can't see him tanking his attacks.

And after saying this, I also wouldn't put Lavos' durability at planet level, since there's no feat of any of his attackers that was capable of destroying a planet or any indication that it had the power to destroy a planet. And he is also a little overpowered because that time he destroyed the entire planet once he waked up, that could be the eruption of all the magma and toxic gas from the core to the surface, that yes, if it happened in real life I'm pretty sure it would cause to the world something pretty similar to what happened to the planet in the game. Though let's say that really is one of his powers, that's mostly a feat of range than attack potency, since he is showing to be able to launch multiple small explosions in a lot of directions, but not to be able to focus all those small explosions in a single small explosion that would obliterate Crono and his entire squad pretty easily. This is just my opinion.

Large Planet doesn't even come from Lavos. It comes from Queen Zeal and the Mountain of Woe. Also, there's other parts of that which even if it did come from Lavos would be incorrect, but it's unimportant. Sorry if somehow that came out as rude. Wasn't my intention.

Well, I didn't detect any rudeness in your comment, anyways Crono needs a slight downgrade, and Lavos probably too.

Like Cal said, Crono is actually Large Planet level scaling off of a feat performed by Queen Zeal. Attack Potency =/= Destructive Capacity.

There was a respect YouTube video for Crono uploaded by ProtoDude I believe his name was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back