• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Chowder's Mid Godly regen

The show lost it's animation, yes, but Chowder wasn't KILLED by any means. In the show they were in a situation where they could get the show back on the air by getting enough money to get the animation back, but that won't work in a vs match because if he were to die, Chowder's voice actor can't simply raise money to bring back a dead man.

This hardly qualify as regen, coming back after your series end is not quatificable, is just "no 4th wall" trope; there has been several instances where Chowder or other characters could have been killed in the show by conventional means.

Antoniofer said:
This hardly qualify as regen, coming back after your series end is not quatificable, is just "no 4th wall" trope; there has been several instances where Chowder or other characters could have been killed in the show by conventional means.
I agree, but what do we call it?

@Ivory, personally I don't think that is combat applicable unless the opponent can ruin the animation or something like that, and even if it happens the result could be asncartoony like both real cast appears in the voice studio or something like that.

Azzy said it's Low Godly so that's what it's being downgraded to. Chowder has a debatably High Godly regen feat, but I don't wanna argue it at all.

I have the same opinion I had the last time, it's type 8 Immortality based on the capability of his creators to animate him.

If Chowder breaks his leg his "regen" is not going to fix that.

He can have regen on his own, but this is clearly something different.

There's also the fact that the creator will redraw the characters if they won't make it out of a situation ala how 343 keeps 682 alive.

It's type 8. It would be type 9 if Chowder was an avatar of someone's true self (aka, it's just a guy re-creating his avatar, or Chowder getting resurrected by himself, but it's not the case).

Honestly Chowder face being melted and regenerating from that sounds like a once time moment for a gag rather than a consistent showing of regen.

And authors keeping and bringing back the character once death sounds like nlf; this is not a character is being protected by a God that is justified.

Chowder, Schnitzel, and Mung all have constant regen feats throughout the series.

@Dragon. Chowder's building level. It's not Low 2-C via vague show destroying feats. I mean, who would do such a thing? That's idiotic.

Chowder actually has regenned from worse, iirc he snapped his own spine in half and a few seconds later he was back to normal

The real cal howard said:
@Dragon. Chowder's building level. It's not Low 2-C via vague show destroying feats. I mean, who would do such a thing? That's idiotic.
What character did that again?

@Everyone Hello, we were getting into something here, may I apply the changes?

I vaguely recall Chowder regenerating from being reduced to ash. But then again it's been a while since I've watched the series

Also Chowder didn't regen. His VAs got the animation back. That's like giving a character Mid-Godly for God remaking them after being destroyed.

It isn't the character's power.

Yes, regenerating by yourself is regen, having another character to revive you is not, would be type 8 immortality.

But the things are being stated here could give chowder a good regen for himself

Evidence first. May be a off-screen feat, does he have other regen feats?

Not necessarily: it depends whether if it's the VA that continuously wants to bring Chowder back, or if he wanted to it only once.

But if it's actually his Voice Actor, I'd imagine him having a close relation to Chowder, so Type 8 would be more likely. Though I haven't whatched that episode of the show.

I think it's not even quantitiable. The VAs won't always be there to get the animation back.

If anything it's an avatar sort of deal, but I think that's fishing too much into meta territory for feats.

Don't we give Voldemort his Low-Godly regen, which is only applicable with outside help with one of his followers making the potion and a ritual to recreate his body? I think we should just note it's inapplicable, and then list his applicable regen beside it.

I don't think reliant immortality being unreliable makes it not being reliant immortality. One can have it based on, say, someone else's beliefs on a religion. If that can be alter or not in combat it doesn't mean it's not reliant immortality, just that the character needs an elaboration informing the unreliability of the immortality.

Back