• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low-Godly/Mid-Godly Regen Question

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
Why do we separate the complete destruction of the body and the erasure of the body? There is literally no physical difference in the result there, in both cases all of the particles comprising the body no longer exist. It's just that in one they were somehow removed through physical force, and in the other they were said to be "erased" by an ability.

Because they're erasing/destroying the target to different degrees?

Low-Godly regeneration = Regenerating from destruction of the physical body
Mid-Godly regeneration = Regenerating from destruction of the physical body AND the soul/mind.

Oh my bad, I misread it, thought it said "body, mind, or soul".

So it needs all three huh? Just one extra is insufficient? A little weird, but fair enough I guess.

So it needs all three huh? Just one extra is insufficient? A little weird, but fair enough I guess.
I remember it being like this before, but it was changed up a while ago. I believe it was during the time people were discussing stuff like "true godly" and all that goofiness.

Oh my bad, I misread it, thought it said "body, mind, or soul".

Yeah. Has been that way for years now.

Myeh, just seems weird, since characters that can regenerate from their body & mind being erased would be listed as Low-Godly, but would still be able to come back from abilities that ignore Low-Godly regen. And since series that don't mention the "soul" wouldn't ever be able to get High-Godly, since they'd always be missing that essential component of Mid/High, even if they have all other relevant aspects mentioned.

Myeh, just seems weird, since characters that can regenerate from their body & mind being erased would be listed as Low-Godly, but would still be able to come back from abilities that ignore Low-Godly regen. And since series that don't mention the "soul" wouldn't ever be able to get High-Godly, since they'd always be missing that essential component of Mid/High, even if they have all other relevant aspects mentioned.
Regenerating from having your body being nuked as long as some aspect of your consciousness exists or your soul exists, is Low-Godly.

Regenerating from Body, Mind/Consciousness and Soul being nuked is Mid-Godly

Regenerating from having Body, Mind/Consciousness, Soul and some other aspect of your existence (Like being erased from history or at the conceptual level) is High-Godly.

Last edited:
Regenerating from having your body being nuked as long as some aspect of your consciousness exists or your soul exists, is Low-Godly.

Regenerating from Body, Mind/Consciousness and Soul being nuked is Mid-Godly

Regenerating from having Body, Mind/Consciousness, Soul and some other aspect of your existence (Like being erased from history or at the conceptual level) is High-Godly.
I knew that as of Catzla's post.

My post there is pointing out two things:
  • There is an implied level of regen below Low-Godly and Mid-Godly; regenerating from body and one of mind/soul being nuked. This is beyond the level of Low-Godly regen/nullification, but isn't rated Mid-Godly. If you can bypass Low-Godly regen by also erasing someone's soul, and someone can regenerate without their soul, but needs their disembodied consciousness, they would be able to come back.
  • This gets exacerbated by having the other aspects included in High-Godly; a character could regenerate from having their body, mind, place in the narrative, history, fundamental information, and concept erased, but due to not having their soul erased, they'd only be rated at Low-Godly.

I knew that as of Catzla's post.

My post there is pointing out two things:
  • There is an implied level of regen below Low-Godly and Mid-Godly; regenerating from body and one of mind/soul being nuked. This is beyond the level of Low-Godly regen/nullification, but isn't rated Mid-Godly. If you can bypass Low-Godly regen by also erasing someone's soul, and someone can regenerate without their soul, but needs their disembodied consciousness, they would be able to come back.
  • This gets exacerbated by having the other aspects included in High-Godly; a character could regenerate from having their body, mind, place in the narrative, history, fundamental information, and concept erased, but due to not having their soul erased, they'd only be rated at Low-Godly.
IIRC such examples would end up being Unknown Regen plus Resurrection. Recently we asked what regen we'd get for simply regenerating the soul with the body intact, DT said it'd be Unknown Regen plus Resurrection.

Back