• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Arceus Note 3

I'm not 100% sure if we should be using TCG since it runs on an entirely different system from the anime, games (primary canon), and manga.

Same goes for Digimon, but we haven't used TCG explanations outside of that one transcending time and space statement.

@Reppuzan

In fact in Digimon the TCG is accepted within the franchise, Digimon Tamers shows that the powers of the cards are literal.

And actually we do not even use Alphamon's card for this, it just serves to summarize the information, but the information already exists in Digimon Chronicle.

I don't actually mind using TCG for composite file to be honest. All we have to do is ignore the blatant game mechanics and work out what can be transition to a composite file.

Using TCG stuff as long as it isnt clearly contradictory seems okay by me.

Agreeing with Dragon.

When you look through your house and basement to find your box full of Pokemon decks in order to upgrade their hax ovo

Even for the "Resistance Negation" abilities, they're mostly just ignoring weaknesses and resistances to deal damage. It would be best to specify the attacks on the respective Pokemon's profiles rather than just broadly apply Resistance Negation to all of their attacks and abilities.

I actually agre with Reppu on this one. Only applies to the specific attacks where resistance negation is the case. It's essentially an Almighty attack.

@Kukui

I'm not sure if you're joking, but Cal is referencing the fact that High-Tier SMT characters are armed with "Almighty-attribute" attacks, which bypass defenses and resistances.

@Griffin

Sorry, I'm just in a crappy mood right now so jokes are sailing over my head.

Where does death hax come from?

Anyway bro, one of Darkrai's sleep based moves has it so there's a 25% chance of waking up, but also a 25% chance of death (only saying death instead of ko because of other instances with Darkrai's sleep hax *cough B2W2 cough*)

If we're bringing up TCG, as abilities from that can potentially be included? Then what of Magikarp?

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magikarp_(Mysterious_Treasures_89)

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magikarp_(EX_Deoxys_64)

Rage isn't something new to Gyarados, given it learns Dragon Rage naturally, & via TM in Gen 1 at the least. But in regards to Magikarp, even if we don't think Rage from is acceptable for Magikarp despite a Magikarp on the TCG having Rage, this isn't the first time a Magikarp has had Dragon Rage. Quoting Bulbapedia:

In Whacked by Marowak!, Erika is seen teaching a class about Magikarp that can learn Dragon Rage.

A Magikarp appeared in the sixth chapter of Pokémon Gotta Catch 'Em All. This Magikarp knew the event-exclusive move Dragon Rage.

Also, what of the various info present in the Side Game Data section?

It may also be worth noting that some TCG cards support Magikarp evolving by jumping up Waterfalls. Somewhat notably, this is referenced in Pokemon Snap with a Magikarp that hops into a Magikarp & evolves.

Would waterfall-ascent based evolution be a potential ability worth including?

Back