• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About ''A Call Beyond"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So then all we need to do is just change the reasoning then, rather than the tier.

Yes

Now please close this thread.

The new justifications need to be discussed and this is not a thread to discussed the validity of the other verse's feats. Make a CRT for that.

I will, but as Siguard said what is the new reasoning? I can help out with the edits if I know what it is.

The justifications wont change in any way other than removing the Call Beyond. The other 4-C feats are already applied and have been for some time.

WeeklyBattles said:
The same as the current justification minus the stuff about Call Beyond
Oh okay. Just remove it from the profile and I'll close the thread.

@Sigurd The Hunter's Justification would go from Call Beyond + Fighting Great Ones who can create stars to just Fighting Great Ones who can create stars. What doesnt make sense?

He's talking about Yurie, Micolash and Ebrietas who are at their tier because Call Beyond and Mergo's Wet Nurse who scales to Ebrietas

Star level (Capable of utilizing the Hunter Tool "A Call Beyond", and can fight Yurie and Micolash) | At least Star level (Can defeat Great Ones such as Ebrietas and Mergo's Wet Nurse, who are significantly more powerful than standard "A Call Beyond" users)

Everyone linked justification is call of beyond, I don't see anything related to creating stars there.

Oh. Hey.

1. I always did interpret it as reaching out to an already exploding star, since the description implies this is what they were doing anyways- reaching out to find a Great One. Take this for what you will.

2. There are no other 4-C feats. Rom's 5-A feat is the next closest, with Orphan's Low 5-B feat being a close second (holding the moon at bay and creating the Hunter's Nightmare, respectively). To my knowledge no stars are ever made outside of A Call Beyond, purely just moons.

M3X said:
I am playing the new game+ and I can't see where does this 4-C rating comes from, really. I read all the Wikis related to Bloodborne and watched a lot of videos, 4-C is purely wank
As for this, I would appreciate if you could contribute rather than screaming about how it's wrong. Not really productive.

If we do decide A Call Beyond is invalid (I personally find it to be suitable but I agree it is only a singular piece of evidence) then I believe everyone would be downgraded to "At least 5-A" or "At least 5-A, likely much higher".

WeeklyBattles said:
@Bambu Both Amygdala and Orphan made stars
Incorrect, and I believe we had this conversation before. First off, nowhere does it say Amygdala created the Nightmare Frontier, and indeed it is implied that the Frontier is the same space as the Hunter's Nightmare, given that you can see the fishing village in Kos' realm from the entrance of the Frontier.

Secondly, Kos' thing is a moon, not a sun. You agreed to this here in our last revisions.

Regarding the living failures, this is a creative interpretation at best. They summon meteors and make the sky look like stars. It isn't actually stars, if you asked for a more reasonable interpretation I'd say it's merely part of the summoning ritual. It seems to work like Blacksky Eye.

Regarding the living failures, this is a creative interpretation at best. They summon meteors and make the sky look like stars. It isn't actually stars, if you asked for a more reasonable interpretation I'd say it's merely part of the summoning ritual. It seems to work like Blacksky Eye.
~ Me​
Soft eye blessed by a phantasm. They were discovered through Byrgenwerth's contact with the arcane, but in the end revealed nothing. Deep within the eye lies a vast stretch of dark sky that rumbles with an endless meteor storm. The slightest rub of the tiny orb, and the rock will tumble and soar.
~ Blacksky Eye​
Living Failures never do such a thing. You remain in the boss arena the entire time, focusing on vague visuals in a game filled with them seems dishonest at best.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I don't see a debunk in there, mind linking the specific one?
From reading, the idea in that thread is that the caster of the power opens a hole in space and uses the energy of an exploding star to create small contained explosions. Which is where @WeeklyBattles original description of the power comes from

Also that thread did not reach a universal conclusion. It just died and was closed because it was necro'ed. So nothing was actually unanimously debunked. Personally I think Bambu's proposal "At least 5-A, likely much higher" is a better option to use.

Mr. Bambu said:
Living Failures never do such a thing. You remain in the boss arena the entire time, focusing on vague visuals in a game filled with them seems dishonest at best.
You say that like w dont do the same for every verse with feats above tier 5

I say that like we have a reasonable explanation with backing from Blacksky Eye vs "ooh lights" to be interpreted as a legitimate 4-A feat in a verse that uses a backdrop of the cosmos regularly to signify connection rather than actual position in/creation of said cosmos.

@Qaws

Ah alright.

Reading the description sounds like they failed some sort of communication spell and instead created a spell that ended up making a small star. So in the end it was a success anyways.

Code:
A Call Beyond Description
"One of the secret rites of the Choir. Long ago, the Healing Church used phantasms to reach a lofty plane of darkness, but failed to make contact with the outer reaches of the cosmos. The rite failed to achieve its intended purpose, but instead created a small exploding star, now a powerful part of the Choir's arsenal. At times, failure is the mother of invention."

@Weekly

Name the verses that suffer from this problem and we can revise them

Using one verse taking liberties as a justification for another is dishonest

That's generally right, Sigurd.

@Hellbeast DMC currently suffers tremendously from it, Asura's Wrath did for a time but i think its been mostly cleared up

Qawsedf234 said:
From reading, the idea in that thread is that the caster of the power opens a hole in space and uses the energy of an exploding star to create small contained explosions. Which is where @WeeklyBattles original description of the power comes from
This was another issue I mentioned above with ACB. Going by the description the attack is said to be a small explosion of a star but the explosion of said "star" produces homing projectiles of light that targets the enemies. I doubt the calc that interprets the ACB to be a star but extremely small will be valid either.

@Dienomite For the third time now the energy was warped by the Great Ones magic, thats why its homing.

If @Mr. Bambu and @WeeklyBattles are okay with it I can do the following

• Yurie/Micholash: At least Large Planet level (Superior to Rom)
  • Ebrietas/Mergo: At least Large Planet level (Superior to Yurie and Micolash)
  • Moon Presence: At least Large Planet level, likely higher (What it currenly has)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back