• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DemonicDude said:
Cropfist said:
I think the busting multiverse with 6 thoughts is now consistent with the other multiversal feats.
Outside of Vsbattle i know this term is not used here but in my opinion Derrick jay wyatt was asked can Alien X destroy a multiverse or Omniverse his answer was 6 thoughts so omniverse counts.not saying to put it in this site or anything just saying in general as a character alien x with 6 thoughts can destroy both as multiverse and omniverse mentioned by statement.
Do you even have the quote?

>When Eon has the Chrono Navigator, he has "dominion over all space and time." "Every time-line, every alternate reality, I can see them all and they're all mine!"

No, this is an entirely separate feat in and of itself. Just because the Navigator can cause irreparable damage to the Multiverse's time stream does not mean it is using space-time hax to pull it off.

Antvasima said:
An omniverse can mean anything. It is unquantifiable, and we do not use the term. Sorry. In addition, a casual Q&A reply does not trumph what happens in the show itself.
Albedo with Azmuth's brain defines the Omniverse via the omniversal force. If there are other examples in the series I don't currently remember them. "No, not universal, not even multiversal. This Omniversal force continues forever in every direction through every reality." "I could never truly destroy, you would only have not been not unexistent in what could have been not now been the past, present, and partial future." https://i.imgur.com/QMIu2Y0.mp4

Again, a casual Q&A reply is not reliable, especially if we are uncertain if he responded to destroying the multiverse or omniverse, the latter of which would likely be an unfathomably greater scale than what has been shown in the show.

Corporal Atlas said:
Antvasima said:
An omniverse can mean anything. It is unquantifiable, and we do not use the term. Sorry. In addition, a casual Q&A reply does not trumph what happens in the show itself.
Albedo with Azmuth's brain defines the Omniverse via the omniversal force. If there are other examples in the series I don't currently remember them.
"No, not universal, not even multiversal. This Omniversal force continues forever in every direction through every reality." "I could never truly destroy, you would only have not been not unexistent in what could have been not now been the past, present, and partial future." https://i.imgur.com/QMIu2Y0.mp4
I wanna be drived by Omniversal forces too

Antvasima said:
Again, a casual Q&A reply is not reliable, especially if we are uncertain if he responded to destroying the multiverse or omniverse, the latter of which would likely be an unfathomably greater scale than what has been shown in the show.
why did you deleted nanomech page

I do not remember. The page was probably unreliable and/or of bad quality.

Anyway, this is not the right place to talk about it.

I'm with choice 1. It seems almost entirely reality warping and it would be unfair to assume it was higher given how we tier other characters here

It can mean anything from a local multiverse, to a collection of multiverses, to all of fiction and reality combined.

Antvasima said:
I was giving the show's definition for reference, I don't think the answer is reliable and if memory serves the question asked about the multiverse anyways.

If I needed approval from 5 Mods/Admins to updrade five days ago, it's only fair that there needs to be 5 Mods/Admins approving the downgrade.

We follow the rules for Statements. Dwayne McDuffie even said "Canon is what happens on the show, not what I (the writers) say." This supports our site rule that writer statements must be supported by the published source material.

Even after writing the powers of the Chrono Navigator in Ben Again, the writers still have a character call the Celestialsapiens omnipotent in Universe VS Tennyson.

@Firestorm808

Okay. You can ask the staff members who approved the upgrade to comment here as well then.

I also would also like to point out that Eon states that Paradox does not lie in the episode "Ben Again":

Professor Paradox: Yes, but in anyone else's hands but mine it could cause irreparable damage to the time-stream or destroy all of time and causality itself. In any event, I couldn't possibly give you the Chrono Navigator even if I wished to do so, because I don't have it.

Eon: Hmm. No, you don't, do you? You are many things, Paradox, but a liar you are not.

and Paradox is rated as a supergenius and while he does seem to use the words "universe", "timeline(s)" and "dimension(s)" interchangeably like everyone else on the show, him not taking into account the full context of his statement when talking about the power of Celestialsapiens seems very unlikely to me.

Also the writers are not afraid to retcon stuff so if originally they did not think of the Chrono Navigator as a multiverse-destroying weapon when Paradox made his statement about Celestialsapiens being superior in power, the writers would have retconned this statement later on, but instead they still let a character reference Celestialsapiens as omnipotent as Firestorm pointed out.

I do have a small remark that Paradox might be referencing the total power of all Celestialsapiens combined when he made his statement, however this would still put Alien X at 2B (since he'd have a finite slice of this unquantifiable above baseline 2B power). Aggregor did go after a baby Celestialsapien for the greatest power in the universe but this would be the greatest power without having to deal with other personalities.

@Greenshifter

Yes, the writers in Omniverse have retconned many things, but one of the things they kept is having Celestialsapiens on top.

Also, Paradox isn't referring to them as a group. All of them are comparable to eachother. Inner personalities will differ.

Paradox: Aggregor intends to absorb the abilities of a newborn Celestialsapien. Should he succeed, he will become omnipotent.

What I don't particularly understand, is how (according to the justifications) they are 2-B despite the Multiverse being made of just Hundreds of Timelines at the time.

Even if it expands ad infinitum, the if at that point in time there are just hundreds of timelines, it would seem that its expansion would be rather slow. If it was much faster, like in the case of Dragon Ball Xenoverse/Heroes' Multiverse, there would be a far larger amount of them.

DMB 1 brings up a good point.

You have to be able to create or destroy 1001 spacetimes to qualify for 2-B. So if Ben 10 only has hundreds at a time, wouldn't that immediately disqualify Alien X/Celestisapiens from 2-B?

Zamasu Chan said:
Are you implying 2-C possibly 2-B?
Based on what I'm reading, I'm saying that they're more along the lines of 2-C, not 2-B at all.

If there are only hundreds of spacetimes, then I don't see how they qualify for 2-B when the evidence point to them being under the baseline amount need to qualify.

I recall its hundreds of universes that goes off an "ad infinitum" or expanding/creating new ones infintely.

Yeah, but the fact that at the time there were still hundreds of universes, implies that the supposed expansion is pretty slow, otherwise there would have been much more universes.

DMB 1 does seem to bring up a pretty good point now that im looking at this.

Just because a Multiverse has a cosmology where the number of universes increase infinitely does not neccessarily mean that they grow to an unfathomly high number extremely quickly to reach the 2-B baseline amount. Because if the latter was actually the case, Paradox would have never given a specific finite amount of universes as the bare minimum for Ben 10. Much less a number in the hundreds. While I don't mind the Multiverse staying 2-B, this is something that I think should be considered too. However, this seems to be more an issue with 2-B Multiverses in general and less specifically about Ben 10 in my opinion.

While this is true, the chrono navigator was also affecting both the past and the present and it was gonna destroy all of time, thus also the future which includes all timelines that will be created so it would still be unquantifiably high into 2B but maybe not as high as other verses.

But the problem with "includes all timelines that will be created" is that its assuming the future universes that would be spawned were already brought into creation by the universal principles of the Ben 10 Multiverse.

If DMB1 is right, then those universes wouldn't have been created yet to be destroyed by the Navigator.

Timelines are always constant and thus would already be created, unless with the time war when they became fluid. If you want a quote on that I will go find it.

I have to unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints. You can send me a message later if you need my help after you reach a conclusion.

Ben 10 follows the same principles as DC's Hypertime. It's a network of alternate timelines that branch off from the prime timeline.

Just like how there are alternate timelines of Ben Prime's past and present, there would also alternate timelines of his Ben 10k future and beyond. The Timelines don't just stop when Ben turns 30.

As long as there is a future to branch, the "current" amount timelines is unquantifiable.

• Ben 10 Omniverse - And Then There Were None
    • Paradox:
      • Fair enough. But before I can answer any questions, you're going to need to brush up on quantum mechanics and string theory. There are many dimension, many Universes, many Earths, and thus many Ben Tennysons across those dimensions, dimensions which are not always in sync in time.
      • Think of time and space as this tree. Down here is when you were 10 years old. Right here is now. Up here is when you'll be 30 years old. The trunk is the main timeline. These branches represent alternate timelines, where reality literally branches off and becomes a different timeline, each containing its own Ben Tennyson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back