• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Abeloth Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professor Evelyn said:
You asked me to prove that she could destory the galaxy instantly and I showed you she has a history of moving very fast so I say it has everything to do with it. You want to claim you didn't bring up speed go up and scroll up. Fold space is exactly basically what I am talking about. Manipulating or "reshaping" the galaxy at instant speed. Your welcome good bye the end
I think you heavily misinterpreted what he meant by speed. He didn't mean travel speed but attack speed lol.

But... moving very fast would just support her being able to move around and reshape the galaxy or whatever else despite having 4-A. Her movement speed is inconsequential to AP because she would need to affect the whole galaxy with one effort or attack, not through many done in quick succession. I don't think you actually understand the relevance of timeframe or why it is important that she does it instantaneously or it doesn't matter.

I didn't misinterpret anything allow me to set the context since you do not seem to get it. She was using Fold Space to warp space and time to move across the galaxy and then back again in the time it took for Luke, swinging at her with his Massively FTL combat speeds.

In laymans temrs. She was dodging at that speed while using the ability. SO I was using her combat speed

Never sLSirLancelotDuLacl said:
But... moving very fast would just support her being able to move around and reshape the galaxy or whatever else despite having 4-A. Her movement speed is inconsequential to AP because she would need to affect the whole galaxy with one effort or attack, not through many done in quick succession.
Never said anything about quick succession. She used Fold Space once in that example and she did so CASUALLY.

I just want to sleep people

Let me put it on simpler terms because yes, you misinterpreted immensely.

A building level character destroys a city. He does it building by building with single attacks. He does it in an hour, he's still building level. He does it in a second, he's still building level but his speed is freaking high because he can do it in a second.

Destroying a city buiding by building is still building level. Abeloth's speed is just proof she could affect the whole Galaxy despite not being able to affect all of it at once because she could move after doing whatever it is she wanted to do to one sector and moving immediately to the next - which is many different attacks, not only one, which can't scale to 3-C AP.

I hope what I meant is actually clear now.

Professor Evelyn said:
I didn't misinterpret anything allow me to set the context since you do not seem to get it. She was using Fold Space to warp space and time to move across the galaxy and then back again in the time it took for Luke, swinging at her with his Massively FTL combat speeds.
In laymans temrs. She was dodging at that speed while using the ability. SO I was using her combat speed
Well that would mean she isn't effecting the entire galaxy at once which was my point from the beginning..... She would have to effect the entire galaxy in an instant.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Let me put it on simpler terms because yes, you misinterpreted immensely.
A building level character destroys a city. He does it building by building with single attacks. He does it in an hour, he's still building level. He does it in a second, he's still building level but his speed is freaking high because he can do it in a second.

Destroying a city buiding by building is still building level. Abeloth's speed is just proof she could affect the whole Galaxy despite not being able to affect all of it at once because she could move after doing whatever it is she wanted to do to one sector and moving immediately to the next - which is many different attacks, not only one, which can't scale to 3-C AP.

I hope what I meant is actually clear now.
This entire starement is jsut wrong. What about her being causal do you not understand here? She has the statements saying she is Galaxy Level, all her feats are extremely casual. Fold Space is literally an ability meant to reshape said galaxy and she has the speed to pull it off.

There is no repeated attacks, no shim sham no bullshit excuse. Its that. Galaxy Level. GOOD NIGHT

(no seriously I am going to sleep. STOP saying she is using multiple attacks. She is not and none of my examples state that.)

Dude you do know you can go to sleep at anytime you please. It seems you just want the last word.

And no it is not Galaxy level. It is Multi-Solar System + at best

What about the baseline and high end 4-A being 800 million times different in magnitude do you not understand? Unless any of the people the Abeloth scales above are literally a stone throw away from 3-C, her being casual matters little. Being casual does not have any multiplier tied to it, and certainly not any even close to a 3 digit number, much less so a 10 digit one.

Know what in the hell are you talking about before you start spewing empty nonsense. and start to realize a statement like that is considered vague here and needs more context. If you can't follow something so basic, don't even bother because you are wasting both our times.

That is in contention until we can actually see the wording for the feat(s) in question.

And if she has her whole feats, her casual feats, which are 4-A, and her scaling from other characters is entirely needless and really doesn't need to be in the OP.

Somebody should ask Soldier Blue to comment here. He is likely the most knowledgeable staff member regarding Star Wars.

You should also ask the other staff members listed in the Star Wars verse page and the knowledgeable members list.

Based on what concrete feats would Abeloth be 3-C btw?

Example 1: "Thuruht seems convinced that the galaxy is about to perish. She keeps saying that the end of time has come.

Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse"

The context here is that Thuruht is the killik hivemind, basically the warden of Abeloth during her time in the maw and is well aware of her capabilities and when she broke free they sensed her intent to destroy the galaxy.

(IF Abeloth actually was going to destroy time as a concept then that would put her on an even higher tier, although the phrasing is to vague to be sure that the Thuruht weren't being hyperbolic)

Example 2: "And the whole time, Abeloth would be feeding off the fear and anguish of the victims. She would grow into a being beyond mortal comprehension. With the dark side hers to command, she could literally reshape the galaxy in any manner she wished.

Ben shook his head, not quite able to grasp the enormity of what was happening before him. He was watching a deity being born-and she was not a benevolent one. It felt like he was caught in one of those terrible nightmares from which it was impossible to awaken, except that if this was a nightmare, it had been going on so long that it had become his life.

Fate of the Jedi: Apocalyps"

Context here is that Ben Skywalker is sensing the raw power of Abeloth here, noting several abilities including her abstract existence as well as possibly Large Size (notes her enormity and states she is growing). Most importantly Ben here states that she won't simply destroy the galaxy but instead would very easily "Literally reshape the galaxy in any manner she wished."

Antvasima said:
Somebody should ask Soldier Blue to comment here. He is likely the most knowledgeable staff member regarding Star Wars.

You should also ask the other staff members listed in the Star Wars verse page and the knowledgeable members list.
As far as I've seen lately he has been rather busy, but I will try linking the thread to him for his opinion.

I was gonna leave that for when I got home since my fingers are freezing are freezing and writing feels awkward, but if you insist...

Example one in no way implies the Galaxy being destroyed in an instant or with a single attack. The planet was also doomed if Shin Godzilla wasn't stopped, but he's not 5-B or even 6-C. And yeah, end of time is not literal. Is a very common phrase when apocalyptic events draw near in fiction. Sometimes is just reduced to End Times because cool titles.

Example two is the same as before. Nobody is saying Abeloth can't reshape the Galaxy... But she can already do that with the stats she has now. It would just take more time and not be done in an instant, but since the quote doesn't imply she could do this in an instant, we go with the lowball.

You people realise she was stopped before she carried out the plan. At this point there is more evidence for galaxy level than against and you just say "ah well you see since she never had a chance to do it we cant say for SURE that she can" fine lets wait for that guy to come here because your going to keep stonewalling this

Also how in the world does your logic make sense if the Thoruht said the "Galaxy is about to end" not "The Galaxy is going to end if she is not stop" simply the galaxy, as its own celestial body, is about to be ended, now. TO use your godzilla example someone would say if godzilla isnt stopped then "earth is going to end if he isnt stopped" not "earth is about to end"

There is actually none. You provide literally no counter for the fact that there is no stated time frame and that the end result of "Abeloth rewrites the Galaxy" is something she can still do with her stats now. The ONLY difference is that she's not doing it instantly. Yet you keep evading this incredibly easy problem. Or is the Galaxy not reshaped as the end result because Abeloth took a day and not an instant? Your proof not being conclusive is not stonewalling, is you being in negation and disagreeing with us while thinking you are unequivocally correct.

Maybe the simple fact that it doesn't perish...? She's not even talking about full power Abeloth, just Abeloth after escaping. If she can extinguish the Galaxy already, then she doesn't need to reach her full power. But yet she doesn't and the narrative and YOUR quotes imply she can only do this at full power. So either she didn't mean Abeloth can do it instantly or Thuruht doesn't know what they are talking about.

Incredibly EASY problem you say. How in the world can I prove her speed when she never actually gets to try to extinguish the galaxy. it is literally impossible for me to prove. So don't say its an easy problem.

Secondly your secnd point is nonsense. If you know her backstory you know she was focused on trying to become loved by the masses, hence her plot to take control over galactic politics which she succeeds in, so the fact that she didn't wipe the galaxy is not proof that she could not wipe the galaxy, she simply had other motives.

Plus you would have to think Thuruht, and Luke, and Ben are all idiots who can't scale properly if you think all 3 of them would hyperbolize her own power. Literally they have no reason to be lying to the reader. I mean can you even prove that she can't do her moves instantly? I mean she causally outspeeds everyone with literally every attack she makes but suddenly she can't now?

Let's not pretend this wiki doesn't give characters high rankings off purely on statements made by themselves or against other characters. You havent proven galaxy level is an outlier, or anything of the sort

Evelyn, to clear your misunderstanding again, I don't mean speed by instant. I mean that she can't do it with a single move. Think of the difference of busting a house by repeated strikes and destroying it whole in only one attack. Abeloth destroying the Galaxy is something she could do easily by destroying individual sectors once at a time, not just with a single move. And that's not 3-C

Call our evidence circumstantial but all that circumstantial evidence backs us and not a lick of it supports your claims. Not once does any star wars character say that she is a sector buster or a solar system buster. They use Galaxy REPEATEDLY and the credibility of the people saying it is unquestionable. I trust Luke SKywalker's assertion of her power over your baseless speculation

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Evelyn, to clear your misunderstanding again, I don't mean speed by instant. I mean that she can't do it with a single move. Think of the difference of busting a house by repeated strikes and destroying it whole in only one attack. Abeloth destroying the Galaxy is something she could do easily by destroying individual sectors once at a time, not just with a single move. And that's not 3-C
This is correct, yes. She would have to destroy it in a single attack to qualify.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Ever and I will make some big Star Wars Legends additions in the future and Abeloth will be affected.
Thank you for helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back