• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Unknown Warrior1 said:
Dang, I'm getting the 404 error
Weird, Thetrove seems to be moving all their stuff around, I'll see if I can find it again in a few days because it appears they're reorganising.

You can always trick someone into buying them for ya, well you don't have to and that'll be bad but a suggestion is just a suggestio
And your money isn't my money, so here's my amazon wish list and you better buy everything on there from my affiliate link too...

Would that 1-15 strength chart be usable for a series of calculations for Vampire: The Masquerade? I think it'd give a decent insight into how strong regular 13-8th Generation Vampires are, since we've got a lot of details on how powerful the lower Gens are.

Where does it state that Caine and such exist beyond the scope of the Supernal Realms?
He scales to someone who scales above beings who created a infinite amount of Supernal realms.

He also may have existed before it as well.

Skaffolding said:
Would that 1-15 strength chart be usable for a series of calculations for Vampire: The Masquerade? I think it'd give a decent insight into how strong regular 13-8th Generation Vampires are, since we've got a lot of details on how powerful the lower Gens are.
Sure.

Udlmaster said:
Where does it state that Caine and such exist beyond the scope of the Supernal Realms?
He scales to someone who scales above beings who created a infinite amount of Supernal realms.
He also may have existed before it as well.
The Angels?
Indeed. He scales above Angels and is somewhat comparable to Lilith.

Not to constantly probe for more info, but do you got a scan for that?
Above the Angels, he's killed one, that's on his profile.

As for being somewhat comparable to Lilith, see the Gehenna book, it's basicallt a big build up to Gehenna and Lilith v Caine

Skaffolding said:
Alright I posted the blog in the calculation evaluation thread, you can take a look here if you'd like.
You could likely scale Garou and Kindred to Mage's 9-A where they can rank any projectile in the game.

If you could, you could calc that? Things like .50 cal sniper rifles exist and RPGs

I could, there's kind of an issue. Tanking bullets tends to be a poor source of durability on this site, in theory you could get small-building level for completely bullet proof skin by taking the energy, dividing it by the area of impact and multiplying it by the area of a human, but most of the calc group I've spoken with tend not to accept that. I suppose it's sort of a difference of opinion, regrettably even shrugging off .50 snipers would likely be 9-B. The RPG is a definite possibility, though it's an explosion so it's hard to say exactly how it'll score on the tiering scale unless I get a few scans. Like if only part of the blast is being tanked then there's a chance that might be downgraded to 9-B too.

That is unfortunate, still they get the scaling from Mages so there won't be a downgrade. We just don't have a nice big number to wave around next to the "9-A" rating.

Nice, 300kg lifting could be justification for 9-C physical stats. Also I have a question.

Mages have stuff like 1-A for their ability to manipulate concepts and bend reality, but can they actually hit people with all of that? Surely if they could then Antediluvians would be erased from all of conceivable reality in an instant by any Mage with 5 dots in something. I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding or what...

Skaffolding said:
Nice, 300kg lifting could be justification for 9-C physical stats. Also I have a question.
Mages have stuff like 1-A for their ability to manipulate concepts and bend reality, but can they actually hit people with all of that? Surely if they could then Antediluvians would be erased from all of conceivable reality in an instant by any Mage with 5 dots in something. I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding or what...
Yeah, they can literally reverse your Supernal concept (That thing that gives Platonic truth to things above the System of dots) and destroy you that way.

Another is that they can literally just reduce you to nothingness and so on.

As for that, it's basically that the high tiers of each section of WoD doesn't interact with the other sections, like Archmages not showing up in VtM to slap down some uppity Vampire who wants to resurrect Caine from his slumber.

It's that or it's massive PIS because narrative over power, and the Antideluvian's are narratively stronger than Mages, even if Power scaling of any kind they're massively weaker.

I'm honestly quite curious about what the gameplay's like when you can just thonk people out of reality, how does that play out normally? I know paradox is a thing, so is that a huge limitation or what?

Also if you have any scans for Werewolves and Kindred being awesome then drop them on my message wall and I'll calc them when I can, it only just occurred to me that I may be somewhat more useful with the maths section than I'd be trying to learn tons of lore in a few days or weeks lol.

Skaffolding said:
I'm honestly quite curious about what the gameplay's like when you can just thonk people out of reality, how does that play out normally? I know paradox is a thing, so is that a huge limitation or what?
You usually have a limit called "Quintessence" which means that you can't jusr spam spells, there's also clash of wills so you could **** up and proceed to be one shot.

Problem with Quintessence limitation is that Prime 3 Mages just ******* ignore that because they get infinite Mana and Quintessence so they can spam spells all they like.

As for Paradoxes, that's a bigger beast, Paradoxes can be anything given in the books, such as turning your character to wood, or BFRing yourself so far you can't teleport back, and no, I have no idea where that would be, I wouldn't be surprised to find out it's outside of the One Giver.

Paradoxes are also able to manipulate the Narrative, such as changing your character sheet.

And then the paradox can literally be what the GM says it is.

Hmm, sounds about right. I remember a lot of stuff being up to the GM in Vampire, not surprised it's the same in the other games.

does this mean my game where Absimilard got killed by a redneck's faith in his protection rifle is canon now?

cough

So if I'm a Tier 1 newly awakened in a game where Tier 3 mages are capable of reality-wiping people, how do they not kill me and everything I've ever loved?

Skaffolding said:
So if I'm a Tier 1 newly awakened in a game where Tier 3 mages are capable of reality-wiping people, how do they not kill me and everything I've ever loved?
Only if they knew about you and wanted to kill you.

A few questions, if you don't mind.

Firstly, what would you say is the rough percentage of awakened occupying each Tier? How many 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc...

Secondly, how is this normally used in-game in your experience? I know that V:TM had some major issues with older Methuselahs being effectively untouchable to regular characters, me and my team only killed Absimilard because it was the finale to a two-year series of games that started fifteen hundred years and... I'm gonna say like seven Diableries before the end. Even then with the highest level (Antediluvians) we needed to use a literal anti-air gun, almost all our bloodpoints, a small army of Ghouls AND Tucker's holy elephant gun. Basically what would you say is the Generation+age equivalent for different tiers of Mage. I.e which one is the equivelent of an Elder, Justicar, Methuselah and stuff like that?

>Firstly, what would you say is the rough percentage of awakened occupying each Tier? How many 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc...

There isn't any numbers or percentages given sadly, however, the higher you go, the less there would be with 6+ being like 0.00001%.

>Secondly, how is this normally used in-game in your experience?

Depends on the flavour of Mage I'm running, I tend to have a slow burn to my games, so levelling is hard and slow and is mostly narrative based.

If I have organised Mages then I run it like a Court system, with Tier 5 Mages being the Supreme Court, or having them be 4th Tier with 1 5th Tier.

Technocrats I run like Vampire Generations.

If there isn't any structure to the Mages, then I write it much differently, basically, instead of revaling in their Magical nature, the higher tier Mages are more intergrated into normal society, and thus tend to seek out Recently Awakened and either train them and send them on their way with new found knowledge or if they're too much hassle, kill them to prevent Paradoxes from happening to all of them.

Is there a substantial difference between each dot?
Yes, the difference is the difference between a Platonic concept and the 3-D world, with the gap getting twice as big each time, so dot 2 and 3 has double the gap of 1 and 2; ad infinium

Back