• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The God Of Procrastination said:
Can we have profiles for some of the lower tiers?
There will be some eventually, the problem is, Werewolf and Vampire are the two biggest parts of WoD and it took me around 2 months to read through all of Mage and Demon, which are smaller than Werewolf and Vampire.

Infera28 said:
why Mages have resistance to their own powers
Due to the rules of nigh-all tabletop games, they all possess resistance to the spells cast so the game isn't a one shot.

If you go to the Mage books, for example 20th anniversary, you'll see some spells which say "clash of wills" which is the resistance aspect.

Infera28 said:
Regular Mages have seven fold curse too?
No, the Seven-fold curse is unique to Caine and was made by the One Giver, there is no curse in the verse which compares, closest is the one given to Lilith by Jehovah to keep her from Lucifer.

Infera28 said:
between Demon and Mage which one is stronger? also between Vampire and Mummy
Demons should be stronger than Mages, the technocracy sends entire squads to try and kill any demon which appears and they require their top tier weapons to kill, such as the Gun which destroys all your dimensions and the polydimensional Nuke.

As for Vampire v Mummy, good question, depends on the Vampire and Mummy in question, if we exclude Caine, I'd say the Mummy has a chance due to their curse which is basically a one shot against anything and they're immune to many abilities in WoD due to their natures.

The Unknown Warrior1 said:
Who's the most powerful Mummy in the verse?
Likely one of the Mummy Lords, Pharaohs or such beings, I'm unsure who exactly is the greatest of them all, as Mummy is rather small, I may start with Mummy for my next research task before doing vampire

Rules-wise they can only have 3 dots in any discipline, which is a big deal considering strength 3 can bust down a wooden door compared to strength 5 busting down a metal one.

Also Thinbloods need to spend 2x the blood points to use any abilities.

Not as knowledgeable lore-wise but iirc they're basically just humans with the power to learn Vampiric disciplines and the typical vulnerabilities/resistences.

So about Caine's Power Nullification.
How weak are these thinbloods/15th Generation guys if Caine can reduce his opponent to that level
Thin bloods are extremely weak among vampires, they're at most peak human, their powers become spotty and stop working and you can't use them most of the time or they'll suddenly gain the plot clause (You must be asleep to go into someone's mind and such).

They are the fear of what Vampires will become, they're so pathetic that vampires are scared to become them because they're so fodder.

Skaffolding said:
Rules-wise they can only have 3 dots in any discipline, which is a big deal considering strength 3 can bust down a wooden door compared to strength 5 busting down a metal one.
Also Thinbloods need to spend 2x the blood points to use any abilities.

Not as knowledgeable lore-wise but iirc they're basically just humans with the power to learn Vampiric disciplines and the typical vulnerabilities/resistences.
Accurate, well done, I'm glad to see someone else who is into WoD.

Lilith's cloak was entire of night in universe with entire of stars in universe? like she plucked entire of stars in universe?

there are any other multi solar system or solar system feats then lilith feat and Caine's eye being a star too?

and what is reasoning for Demons being mftl+?

and how this power works:

No Limits: The mage can move freely around the Telluria.

this was a sub power for Correspondence

Infera28 said:
Lilith's cloak was entire of night in universe with entire of stars in universe? like she plucked entire of stars in universe?
On the surface, yes, but due to the fact that this isn't just the Night Sky, she was given this by Lucifer, who embodied the day and night itself.

This means that Night Sky is the Night Sky which covers the entire Multiverse.

And yes, in an attempt to replicate the tree of Knowledge Jehovah made she planted Stars.

Infera28 said:
there are any other multi solar system or solar system feats then lilith feat and Caine's eye being a star too?
For Lilith? No, Lilith doesn't get too many appearances as she's a big player and is often in her garden outside the Tellurian or somewhere within the High Umbrae. There are some if you scale her to The Mages who can create stars and have Black hole weaponary.

Caine may have a Multi-Solar system feat where I believe it was that Caine shook the Universe by breathing, I forget where I found this so I'll have to go back through my scans, if it's not there, I'll likey find it when I'm researching VtM and I'll message you it.

Infera28 said:
and what is reasoning for Demons being mftl+?
They can dodge Archmages throwing Universes at them and are faster then beings who can also do the same thing.

Infera28 said:
and how this power works:

No Limits: The mage can move freely around the Telluria.

this was a sub power for Correspondence
Yeah, so once you reach Archmastery, in Masters of the Arts book it goes over the space (correspondence) Archmage's ability to teleport and go to places, this ability allows the Archmage to "show up" wherever they choose, all the Tellurian is the same to them.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are Lilith and Cain's star feats not just metaphors or simile? I'm just wondering because if not then they're MUCH stronger than I thought and I really want to read whatever they're from, I'm just recently getting into the lore.

Skaffolding said:
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are Lilith and Cain's star feats not just metaphors or simile? I'm just wondering because if not then they're MUCH stronger than I thought and I really want to read whatever they're from, I'm just recently getting into the lore.
It's a fair question, but the feats extremely clear on what's going on, for a comparison on what a metaphorical book is for WoD, the One Giver's book is literally all metaphors and poetry.

And sure, so the star feat comes from "The book of the Nightmother" and is the book of Lilith.

The quote is here: https://i.imgur.com/kAxE3H9.png

From where she is and what's happened, the "Rivers" is referencing a few things, it's first referencing the River Delta, or the River of Langauge as it is known as, which is an infinite river made of words and concepts.

The other thing it is referencing is the infinite sea/river she has intercourse with.

Brain melts out of ears

Right, so if I get the tiering system correctly then either throwing words makes Lilith 1-A or she just started rapping and spit fire.

Also, again may be stupid, but did Cain not alter reality and literally invent the concept of murder by killing Abel before he became a Mage or Vampire? If so then would that also be 1-A, orr....?

Also also, thanks for the help.

Skaffolding said:
Brain melts out of earsRight, so if I get the tiering system correctly then either throwing words makes Lilith 1-A or she just started rapping and spit fire.
Spitting them fat beats. But no, what made Lilith 1-A was becoming an ELOHIM, which are filters for the One Giver's "Omnipotence" which is beyond the Omnipotence paradox canonically don't at me

She can also literally throw words, being above the Storyteller allows her to rip up your character sheet and throw "The book" at you.

Skaffolding said:
Also, again may be stupid, but did Cain not alter reality and literally invent the concept of murder by killing Abel before he became a Mage or Vampire?
There's not a stupid question one can ask me about WoD, and there's conflicting accounts on Caine's actions when he slew Able.

The Angels of Death or the 7th house of Angels from Demon the Fallen was created after they created life so death has always been there.

Murder however, in the One Giver book (See, this is why I have a problem with this book) the act of Murder was created by "Humanity" as a whole, not so much Caine.

But, in Caine's book "The Book of Nod" it states that Caine brought murder to the world by doing what he did.

So, it's questionable on what happened with Caine, either it was always there and Caine was just the first to do it, it didn't exist at all and Caine created it, or it was all humanity which created it and taught it to the Fallen.

I see, so could that warrant a "possibly" scale for Cain's human form?

Also, I'm considering making a profile for low-tier Werwolves myself if I can manage to perfect the actual organisation and structuring aspect of it. From what I've seen so far they'd be 9-B, possibly 9-A by warrant of being far superior to Potency 5 Vampires who are anywhere from 6-10 strength. According to this guide I found, that'd make them capable of ripping through steel and throwing motorcycles.

Do you know of any other decent feats that could help with accuracy?

Skaffolding said:
I see, so could that warrant a "possibly" scale for Cain's human form?
I would say no, due to his human form being relatively featless and it would just be concept manip or like you said, Reality warping, and with there being conflicting statements it would be a hassle to argue, I find it's best to go with most consistent for the low tiers.

Skaffolding said:
Also, I'm considering making a profile for low-tier Werwolves myself if I can manage to perfect the actual organisation and structuring aspect of it. From what I've seen so far they'd be 9-B, possibly 9-A by warrant of being far superior to Potency 5 Vampires who are anywhere from 6-10 strength. According to this guide I found, that'd make them capable of ripping through steel and throwing motorcycles.
Werewolves would unironically be anywhere for 9-A (Being physically superior to Vampires who are physically superior to low tier Mages) to 7-C, being able to summon Tsunamis.

Werewolves can also summon Totem Spirits which are Archetypal beings and would as such originate from the Abyss as 1-A beings.

Werewolves are very strong.

Skaffolding said:
Do you know of any other decent feats that could help with accuracy?
I don't remember too much for the Garou (Werewolves) at max strength (15) they can lift trucks, same goes for anything else that reaches 15 strength.

I'd have to read up on them specifically to give you some good examples of their physical feats, when I get round to Werewolf, I'll work with you on the profile.

Vampires in WoD are certainly more abstract then most interpretations of the race
Yeah, Whitewolf were very liberal with their definitions of "Vampires"

Spawniscoo. said:
What are the different universe/Dimensions/places called
For Dimensions, there's technically infinite dimension, as there is an ability which allows Mages to see into higher dimensions, with the higher you roll being a higher dimension, and this doesn't have a limit.

As for Universes, in the tapestry, there is infinite Universes.

As for the places, the most notable are the tapestry or the Fallen world which is where 99% of all things happen.

Then there is the Abyss, which embodies all lies and all lies are given reality with it, becoming Archetypal lies, contrasted and opposed by the Supernal worlds, where all truths are given form as Platonic Truths.

"Above" this is the Umbrae where the Underworld, fantasy, thoughts and so on are real.

Above this is the Tellurian, which is just the name for all things, but there is also an infinite number of these.

Then surrounding this is the Void equal to God.

And surrounding that is The One Giver.

Spawniscoo. said:
So is God a place rather than a being or am i getting confused
At this level of abstraction the very idea of a static reality or reality even equaling itself doesn't exist.

All creation was made on God, so imagine it like having a germ on you except that germ is actually all what I said previously.

Who resides in the Tellurian?
Everything, some beings venture out of it, but there is nothing outside it.

Imagine it like this, back prior to Minecraft Beta 1.8 the Far lands went on for a long time but at a certain point the world can't load and once you get to the 32 bit (or even the 16bit) integer limit you'll crash your client.

Now, imagine that 32 bit limit as the border of the Tellurian and the Void. Once you cross that number you are erased, reduced to less than nothingness, you "crash".

The only beings who travel outside of the Tellurian (the absolute mad men) are Caine, who went to Lilith's garden during the early years of creation.

Lilith when she was banished outside of Jehovah's garden.

Then the ELOHIM and Angels who made the Tellurian May sit outside, but are likely in the High Umbrae doing what they will.

Then beyond the Void is the One Giver Who is too big, too powerful for all of it.

Man it's like most characters in this verse have some 1-A hax or forms
Nah, IIRC Vampires don't have 1-A hax, Werewolves have 1-A summon at best, Mummies don't have 1-A hax to my knowledge, and so on.

Spawniscoo. said:
By the three I mean the one the two and the three
Oh, they're 1-A, The Three being a representation of the Three Heavenly Worthies and contains multiple dualities, the two is literally Duality and the One is Wuji & Taiji, which is beyond all dualities and spawns the Two and three.

Back