• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
On the Kue Jin side, Kue Jin can't embrace so that's not happening. Since the Leap Forward they have started moving more western wise, but Kue-Jin can only rise on their Eastern lands so is only a few real places in america have them.

So no, that wouldn't happen. Kue-Jin are made entirely differently.

I don't think we ever get an instance of them talking to each other but we do get an instance where an Antediluvian wakes up and proceeds to get ganked by literally every faction in WoD.

Bodhisavva, Technocrats, Mages, Other Vampires, everyone just ganks the starving guy.

And they tank multiple Spirit nukes also known as Polydimensional nukes which destroyed the Underworld which is an infinite realm of death killing even concepts.

Not to mention he was under the sun for an extended amount of time, which would just send even Methuselahs, most of the time, into shrieking fear and a rather swift death. High Fortitude would keep the sun off, but that long...?

Antediluvians are dummy thick, don't @ me about it.

Also, one should note, that Antediluvian has little to no vitae (Power, food etc. Blood) so it was considerably weakened.

Weakened yes, but I don't believe at all that should have affected his durability. Fortitude and Potence are, after all, the Disciplines that cost a Vampire nothing unless you try and get the nifty different powers after dot 5 (Unlike Celerity, poor bastards actually thought it wouldn't be broken if you had to pay a blood point for each extra action)

Well, Vampire's Regen based on their vitae and in story they are weakened by having less vitae.

If I remember correctly, but as I've pointed out, I have forsaken control of Vampire to King, they begin to take damage and can die from having so little.

We would likely treat it like a starving person, they would have some reduction in their durability.

And if I remember correctly, Potency and Fortitude require a Vitae cost to ignite the ability.

Weakened in what way is the actual question? Plus if the Sun had been affecting him, Antediluvian or not, I am tempted to say they would have affected by Rostach or however that thing was called with the instinctive fear to fire and the sun.

And nah, they actually don't, unless that was a change they did which I don't remember. In which case the story wouldn't make much sense to me, as he wasn't taking any damage in general from the sun.

I do admit is pretty weird.

Infera28 said:
how powerful is Mummy's conceptual manip?
Depends at what tier.

Their 5th tier is very powerful, speaking the True name of something and removing it from all reality, no one will remember the concept, as it never existed.

Conversly, they can speak the true name of an object and create that thing conceptually.

I understand. If you need help just let me know. I'm reading the God-Machine chronicle right now. I can be useful if you need.

FuuHouHou said:
I understand. If you need help just let me know. I'm reading the God-Machine chronicle right now. I can be useful if you need.
Sure my man, if you want to go ahead and create a blog and start creating his profile go ahead, I don't have the monopoly on WoD, I just so happen to be the only spokes person for the verse.

Does anyone here know where I might find the latest book for the TableTop Game, I'd like to try running this world.

Duedate8898 said:
Does anyone here know where I might find the latest book for the TableTop Game, I'd like to try running this world.
For which part?

World of Darkness is a bit like D&D where you have Mystara, Planescape, Ravencrest etc.

Trying to composite isn't good, it gets too much, but I recommend "Vampire: The Masqurade" and you can find it on the TROVE.

Depends, do you want to tackle Old World fo Darkness or New World of Darkness? Which has nearly the same guidelines but changes to the lore, factions and updates to the rules.

If it's old, I would very much recommend getting the latest editions, something like V20 which was a corebook pulled off for most of the main gamelines as the 20 year anniversary and have (as far as I am aware) a better grasp on how to make the rules so they aren't too messy.

As for compositing, like Uld said, don't bother. A lot of details, quite honestly, don't make a lot of sense if you try to imagine every game exisiting on the same planet Earth even if they have events where things like mages, vampires and werewolves cross each other. You could even see the table of events in the White Wolf wikia listing stuff that happens in specific dates. Too much stuff happens even in a single day or week, making it extremely unlikely how self contained most of these events are. It was one of the criticisms of the system as imagining all of it was happening at the same time was... honestly, close to impossible.

I have honestly no clue, to be entirely honest with you. But the bigger wealth of material in Old due to the time it was running serialized does give it a lot of points. If you would want to spend the effort, you could also even adapt the rules of the newer games into the older ones scenarios and powers.

Best I can recommend is deciding what line seems more interesting to you, vampires or werewolves or mages or faes, whatever, and then dipping some in the updated corebooks of both, see which one you like the feel of more. You could even rush to the powers, or the section about the rules, or about the different factions, or some other bit in specific that grabs your attention and compare between them. After that, focus on the one that grabs you the most. If both do, flip a coin to not make your life any harder.

Creaturemaster971 said:
This is probably the only verse where the mages are the most interesting thing to me
They are far more interesting then the profile displays, so I recommend you go a read the books on Mage.

I fully intend to. Is it true that the mages that don't subscribe to any of the regular mage factions are the ones most likely to reach the level of Arcmage? Or was that something he made up for his game?

Knowing WoD, I'd bet that could be framed as one of the running rumors among mages and an explanation for why some would dare risk going solo, but leaving it in a "at the end of the day, only the storyteller knows" sort of thing.

Creaturemaster971 said:
I fully intend to. Is it true that the mages that don't subscribe to any of the regular mage factions are the ones most likely to reach the level of Arcmage? Or was that something he made up for his game?
Being without a faction where those within the factions can bend and create Universes isn't great. Most factions survive based on the Cold War idea, no one wants another Ascension War (World War for Mages but all Mages across creation and it ended up ******* up the Afterlife [Underworld] irreparably] factionless are fair and easy game.

Hmm, even if you don't necessarily try to make enemies within the factions and rather just grow stronger in relative secrecy? Seems like sticking to one magic tree would severely limit one's potential for semi-omnipotence.

Creaturemaster971 said:
Hmm, even if you don't necessarily try to make enemies within the factions and rather just grow stronger in relative secrecy? Seems like sticking to one magic tree would severely limit one's potential for semi-omnipotence.
It's more Mob mentality, if you join a faction you get the faction's protection and you get to practice their magic as apart of their requirements for being in the faction.

It's likely best to become a power yourself and then leave the faction, however, you then make enemies of everyone in that faction.

Livinmeme said:
trancending 1-A dont make you high 1-A
She wouldn't have that as a reason for High 1-A if she got it, she'd have it based on how she's called the Infinite of infinites in comparison to greater beings than the Angels who created multiple 1-A realms

Back