• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Way to calculate the speed inside Black Holes?

Normally it would require Faster-Than-Light Speeds to be able to escape from inside a Black Hole as light itself cannot escape, I think there can be a way to calculate the speed escaping a black hole with finding the number of bits of information from a BH, then you can convert that to velocity from b/s = hertz to m/s.

Here is a link with information about getting bits of information from black holes.

Thoughts?

Doesn't sound like it would work on grounds that anything FTL breaks physics by nature, meaning that no physical formula can be expected to be accurate in that realm.

To that comes that speed in a black hole is complicated anyway, given how time and space dimensions are twisted. Like, it's not that you simply need FTL speed to escape a black hole. You need to be able to time travel, as all paths that lead outside are backwards in time. It's just that in physics going FTL roughly means as much as to time travel into the past, which is why one can kinda say that going FTL gets you out of black holes.

Doesn't sound like it would work on grounds that anything FTL breaks physics by nature, meaning that no physical formula can be expected to be accurate in that realm.

To that comes that speed in a black hole is complicated anyway, given how time and space dimensions are twisted. Like, it's not that you simply need FTL speed to escape a black hole. You need to be able to time travel, as all paths that lead outside are backwards in time. It's just that in physics going FTL roughly means as much as to time travel into the past, which is why one can kinda say that going FTL gets you out of black holes.
Okay, thanks

Additionally, would bending time or move from a different timeline constitute as time travel in that sense such as something returning to a state or place before it once was or is?

Things like bending / reversing time are listed as time manipulation, while traveling to other timelines is... dimensional travel, I guess.

Things like bending / reversing time are listed as time manipulation, while traveling to other timelines is... dimensional travel, I guess.
I see, for the latter, how about when the traversing to another timeline is stated to be part of time time travel?

time travel and dimensional travel, I guess?

Back