• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A very important notification

Thank you for helping out.

I recommend using GetLinkInfo.com. You can use it to check if a website contains malicious software, if its a phishing site or check where a link really redirects to

Gotchya Kep. It's a good thing I don't post pictures of myself ''anywhere'' on the internet

Okay. Is it possible to incorporate that into some kind of script?

Just from a glance, it is definitely possible, but you'd need to ask the people over the DEV Wiki.

Yes. It is very practical, but also very dangerous.

So, this is as good a time to mention it as any.

We should really stop IP bans. They're really easy to get around, since VPNs are so widespread, and every time you IP ban a troll, if they were using a VPN it locks anyone using the same VPN out from using the wiki. So some of us can't use our VPNS here anymore.

I mass-removed the posts in this case though. Maybe we did so at nearly the same time?

I don't think that our automatic IP blocks ban all IP addresses from a certain VPN, although the Fandom and VSTF staff can technically impose range blocks if they wish.

I am afraid that there is nothing that we can do about that. My apologies. Perhaps using a different VPN would be an idea?

Huesito88 said:
Yeah why do people hate that Mario character so much =(
Ha! The name similarity is just a coincidence actually.

Antvasima said:
I am afraid that there is nothing that we can do about that. My apologies. Perhaps using a different VPN would be an idea?
I just think maybe we should be more careful with our IP bans.

How do you change the default reasoning for wham btw? I am technically doing "cleanup" but I feel a different reasoning would be more accurate

Well, I do technically have a brother, but I have no idea why they are so fixated on that fact.

Andytrenom said:
How do you change the default reasoning for wham btw? I am technically doing "cleanup" but I feel a different reasoning would be more accurate
You can edit the text in the usual manner.

@Ant No how do I change the default? as in the reasoning that first comes up without me editing it.

I do not know. My apologies. I would also much prefer to not experiment with such a massively dangerous script.

Just recovered from attempted IP-jacking... better late than never for these notices

I added a note about this to the front page and the rule violations reports thread as well.

Back