• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A very important notification

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
This is just a brief, but extremely important, notification to everybody in the wiki, especially all of our staff members, to never ever click on any suspicious links to locations outside of this wiki, as it could be trolls attempting to affect your computer with malware.

Thanks in advance for your help and cooperation.

I would also like to add that not having an anti virus is 2019 is pretty hard to justify.

Here is a free one guys: https://www.avg.com/en-us/homepage#pc

There is also plenty of free VPNS if you want to avoid leaving a free foot print:

https://www.tunnelbear.com/pricing

This is the one I prefer to use. However don't use it for youtube + digital streaming since it has a data cap.

There is plenty more; but the point is that malware is propping more often because more people are using the net. That simple.

If you are not going to do the above; at the very least hover over a link before you click. And please; for the love of god make sure you are not on website that says "google" but is actually a fake website designed to solicit your information.

That is all; thank you for coming to my ted talk everyone and please be safe out there with link clicking!

Thank you. I would personally recommend getting a reliable paid for VPN service though. A paid for antivirus program is also preferable, but the free V3 Mobile Security is also good if you use the Android operating system.

Antvasima said:
Thank you. I would personally recommend getting a reliable paid for VPN service though. A paid for antivirus program is also preferable, but the free V3 Mobile Security is also good if you use the Android operating system.
As you wish

Best Paid One I have used:

https://www.dashlane.com (doubles as password manager too!)

https://nordvpn.com

https://www.purevpn.com

Tunnel Bear also has a paid option that I have used. It is okay.

I have used the above with high reliability. Nord VPN is sort of an honorable mention since you can probably find alot of youtube sponsorships that use Nord VPN.

AVG and Avast do have paid plans but I prefer Avast for paid and AVG for free.

I cannot vouch for mobile anti viruses, as I am an old man who prefers to browse on the net with my computer so yeah you might be right.

I just offered free because I have struggled with money in the past and I would imagine others have as well. Paid stuff is hard to really speak for since you have to either be lucky or just really experienced.

@SinsofMan

Okay. Thanks again for your help.

Likely yes, but it is good to make more members take notice of it.

Dashlane huh? I remember hearing about it from a sponsorship segment one of my favorite youtubers made

Andytrenom said:
Dashlane huh? I remember hearing about it from a sponsorship segment one of my favorite youtubers made
I actually use it for this site! I didn't bring it up as a password manager; but that part is free and easy to use. Works on any device too.

It also gives you other personal info like if you pay; such as ID Theft Protection, VPN, etc etc.

Also, fun fact. I actually messed up getting the sponsor code to work and when I accidently brought the product for full price, they gave me a partial refund to compensate. Good company.

Edit: It also generates passwords for you and auto stores them. Other then the occassional hiccup, it works fine.

I pAndytrenom said:
Sins: And that was this comment's sponsor, Dashlane! For more information check out the link in the description below
╠Âs╠Âi╠Ân╠Âs╠Âo╠Âf╠Âm╠Âa╠Ân╠ ╠Âe╠Âx╠Âp╠Âo╠Âs╠Âe╠Âd╠Â

I promise you man; if I ever start youtube anytime soon I will let you know after i make that fat youtube money ; )

But yeah check it out. Best password manager; although I only used like 3 in my life compared to 8 anti viruses and like 6 vpns.

As always, Ant knows what he's talking about.

This should be common knowledge, or at least fall into pure common sense, but don't click on links that lead to weird places without knowing where it goes first, especially if it comes from someone you don't know.

The God Of Procrastination said:
Did someone just post suspicious links on the suspicious links warning thread?
No, but the posts were derailing the thread.

As I mentioned, there are antivirus programs for tablets as well, such as V3 Mobile Security, Avast Mobile Security, and Lookout.

You can probably Google for "best tablet antivirus program" or somesuch for other tips as well.

SunDaGamer said:
E-Safety is something everyone should know by now
Well, it never hurts with reminders. Just because most people are likely careful doesn't mean that everybody is.

Another important note. The trolls are now attempting to spread malware by making something seem like a link to an in-wiki location.

You should always check where a link truly leads before you follow it.

Screenshot 20190627-060124 Firefox
Screenshot 20190627-060205 Firefox

Back