• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Spooky Lil' Ghost vs A Ghost But Not Quite Although It's Still Pretty Close (Spooky vs Talion: 1 MORE VOTE LEFT)

Seems really vague to assume he can just mindhax like that though.

Honestly I don't know when and why this turned into "Talion vs Spooky verse" all of sudden. Because he one-shots about everyone who isn't Non-Corporeal and possibly soul haxes everyone who is (assuming he has it in his 8-A key), with the only ones surviving him are Unknown Specimen 3, Monster 3, Monster 4 and Monster 5.

Mindhax is pretty much Talion's main move, besides fighting. If he knows that he can't fight them or if they have some impressive ability, then he'll mindhax them.

Dargoo started the "Talion vs Spooky verse" since Spooky just teleports Talion back to the mansion, forcing him to face everyone in his way.

I mean I do see some of the Specimen being able to take him down, but it wouldn't necessarily be in-character or feasible.

But since it'd be ALL of them, I'd say that one of them is bound to make it.

I also would like to bring up that the mansion is, well, Endless, in Endless Mode. So if Spooky pulls out Spatial Manip real well, Talion won't be able to make it.

Rip, I did forget that infinite mansion means High 3-A Spooky so nevermind, ignore me.

That said, my previous point still stands. And Monster 5 can also genuinely do an infinite corridor thing even with no High 3-A.

Monster 5 is pretty slow, and Talion just needs to navigate around the seemingly endless maze. Speed is equalized, yeah, but he'll outrun that thing anyway, given his superior stamina than The Protagonist.

Well the protagonist can travel without rest what took several days for normal people to do., so I wouldn't be sure about that.

Also the maze Monster 5 can create is genuinely endless.

Monster 5 is only available at Kalamari Hospital right?

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I mean I do see some of the Specimen being able to take him down, but it wouldn't necessarily be in-character or feasible.
But since it'd be ALL of them, I'd say that one of them is bound to make it.
I mean... is it in character for her to pit him up against ALL specimens at once?

No, but Talion has to since Spooky teleports him back into the mansion. Do you think that Talion can deal with them all with his mindhax? They seem to have no resistance to it.

I mean

One attack from Talion kills them, guaranteed

They're 9-A, and he can actually hit them.

Excluding Non-corps, the only effective way to beat them is mindhax.

Spooky has Spatial Manipulation and can teleport Talion wherever she likes. Which means all she has to do is teleport away from him, make a room with no exit, and then teleport Talion in there. He can't walk through walls and although Talion can see through walls, I've never tried teleporting him through them. If he can't teleport through walls then she wins via incap, because he can't do anything to her. If he can then he has to teleport to a target, and she can just make sure all the Specimens and Monsters available for him to teleport to have hax on contact, since he always makes physical contact with the teleport target.

Then there's the problem with this. Spooky in character doesn't seem to go straight for the fight, let alone containment of this level, instead floating around and making small talk before doing anything. Even if she does decide to jump right in she doesn't know about his mindhax and so will be looking to toy with him; he's a physical guy carrying physical weapons, so as far as she's concerned he's unable to do anything to her. Which means she'll be sending her specimens at him one at a time to torment him. Talion, on the other hand, is an experienced warrior and tactician, and he's going to go for his mindhax immediately. If someone needs killing or mind controlling he almost invariably goes about it as quickly and effectively as he can.

So if Spooky teleports away immediately, which seems out of character, then she watches Talion slowly massacre the Specimens and Monsters one at a time, and gradually sends more and more until she decides to contain him in a room with no exit. Technically a victory, because he can't get out. On the other hand, she'll probably want to float around and talk to him, during which time Talion is going to take control of her.

That is a lot of text to say not very much.

@Steven Monster 5 became part of the main mansion in Endless Mode.

Also if she sends him back to the beginning of the Mansion, he would have to tackle most of them eventually before reaching her.

About character, she's never faced anyone on her level. But if she were to (like her), she'd likely just send all Specimen at once instead of giving him one at a time just for a "tragic" death.

Eh.

Talion can pretty easily take on all of them, I feel, or simply avoid them. And we really don't know what Spooky would do in this scenario, conjecturing that doesn't get us anywhere.

Talion still has my vote.

Tragic death to a guy that doesn't die lol.

Still, could he just mindhax a few of the specimens to fight with him?

He could, but that wouldn't necessarily help him. The earliest specimen are kinda trash (S2, S3, S4).

@Bambu

He would have to try and fight back against several Specimen who can BFR him on contact or without even needing contact. Honestly my best bet on this are Monster 5, who can come back endlessly from death and just stick him in an infinite corridor or Unknown Specimen 5. This one is definitively smart enough to figure out Talion's powers, can observe him fighting other Specimen and can thus trap him and leave him there.

Also, it does seems like Talion needs contact. Wouldn't this make non-corporeal people unable to be mind controlled? Can't touch them and all.

Talion doesn't need contact for mind control. It's quicker through contact, but he does have a ranged, non-contact version, which incapacitates upon being started and doesn't release until finished. Since she's non-corporeal, that is the version he uses.

As for what Spooky does against someone on her own level, it's irrelevant. She doesn't know what level he's on, any more than he knows about her specimens. She just sees a guy with a sword and dagger walking into her mansion, and will probably think to introduce herself and have a chat before she starts tormenting him. It's not like she had any intention of letting the Protagonist live, and Talion isn't going to seem any different to her.

The problem is that no one came to her mansion wanting to swing their sword at her. All of the cases of her giving the opponent one monster at a time were cases where she wasn't threatened at all.

Not that this matter. I still do believe that US5 could easily trap him and leave him there. Plenty of Specimen could, but US5 is the only one with the intelligence (and stalking habits) needed to pull it off.

Yeah. So we don't have an In-Character for Spooky. Claiming one action is in character for that when she never showed that is incorrect.

So yes, you are entitled to your beliefs, but as of now, I lean heavily towards Talion.

I love how this is turning into a more typical game that you see in Shadow of Mordor, where Talion is taking on lesser underlings and forming an army to take on the big bad, Spooks Kabooks.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Both are at 8-A. If the verse is at its peak, then Talion gets utterly destroyed since Spooky is High 3-A :(
She's still 3-D so that means he can still affect her ovo.

Back