• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Small Note for Deku's 100% Power

My second CRT, hopefully this goes well

Anyway, the purpose of this CRT is to put a note on Deku's profile, (Izuku Midoriya) both on his Pre-Final Act and Final Act.

The Note will give a short explanation into why 100% Deku should not be used in VS matches as it puts him at an extreme disadvantage and always results in stomp matches, which is against wiki policy.

Here are a few match examples using Deku at 100% which led to stomps

1. https://vsbattles.com/threads/one-hundred-percent-deku-vs-mob.129695/

2. https://vsbattles.com/threads/garou-vs-deku.130947/

3. https://vsbattles.com/threads/deku-vs-meruem.129555/

4. https://vsbattles.com/threads/deku-vs-asta.128216/

EDIT:
Since people, most people, disagreed with the note now below will be a more detailed explanation on his weakness section
EDIT 2: I updated the weakness suggestion based on the input below

Pre-Final Act: Using 100% of One For All's strength will break the bones of the limb it's used in. While Deku has proven to be able to push through the pain thanks to his monumental stamina and pain tolerance, he can only handle the effects of 100% for a few minutes before collapsing. Blackwhip can become uncontrollable if Deku doesn't keep his emotions in check. One For All can be stolen if the thief's will is stronger than the user's will. While not harmful, operating at 20% of his power is painful enough to limit his movements a bit, making him more predictable. He was only able to correctly control Blackwhip in combat during his training with Endeavor.

Final Act: Using 100% of One For All's strength will break the bones of the limb it's used in. However, Deku has shown that this doesn't affect his movements due to his monumental stamina and pain tolerance. While the damage inflicted to his body has been lessened due to his continued training, he still cannot fight at 100% more than a few minutes before collapsing. Danger Sense will not activate if the opponent has no real malice or intent to hurt Deku, which can catch him off-guard. Considerably strong negative emotions can cause Danger Sense to be overstimulated. Blackwhip can get completely out of control if Deku doesn't keep his emotions in check. One For All can potentially be stolen if the thief's will is stronger than the user's will. The second user's Quirk can only be used as a last resort, and is not something Deku can handle properly just yet.

Agree: @Popted2
Disagree: @CBslayeR @Nullflowerblush @Duedate8898 @Mazdoesstuff @speedster352 @LaserPrecision @Jibz
Neutral: @Sero

Last edited:
I don't think this is necessary, just rewrite his weakness section to explain how non combat applicable 100% is most of the time. From how it is now it looks like he's able to power through 100% without problem which leads to people using threads with it.

I disagree it's not so much as a weakness, it literally makes him unusable in VS matches, especially when Deku is already fighting people over twice as stronger and more durable than him like asta. I think he's the only High 7-A who is baseline.

Every attack is going to cause him pain and make him stagger, which leaves him wide open for counters and gives the opponent an easy advantage.

Do you mean matches where Deku is restricted to only using 100%? Because I can see how that would be a bit unfair, especially for early Deku.

If it's a stomp match (baseline High 7-A versus 50x baseline), then it's a stomp match, but "giving the opponent an easy advantage" is just how weaknesses work.

Just rewrite the weakness section of Deku's profile a little bit.

Weaknesses: Using 100% of One For All's strength will break the bones of the limb it's used in. However, Deku has proven to be able to push through the pain thanks to his monumental stamina and pain tolerance. >> This line is what's making people think 100% is fine to use in threads against other 7-As, put more emphasis on 100%'s risks and the problem of unknowingly putting him in stomp matches should be deterred outside of newer users.

Well when people view a profile they don't view the other thongs such as weakness, they tend to just see the Tiers and just go along with the VS matches which is why I think the note should be at the top of his profile as well.

I disagree with this. Just because a weakness is debilitating that doesn't mean that key shouldn't be used. Deku is still able to win a fight even with that weakness without it being a stomp, it's just a matter of being able to properly determine what fights work for Deku and what don't. I disagree with this.

Technically current Deku can utilize 100% but he’ll still minorly get injured as a result. It’s not like his arms will instantly be shattered like how it was in the past

But yeah disagree FRA

I’m not sure about that, a stomp match is where one character has no wins conditions when deku fights at 100% he doesn't gain any advantages expect LS, but that is meanless when your AP doesn't match with it. Plus, most High 7-A are usually twice as stronger or even higher than that I don't see the fairness in letting Deku fight people twice as stronger more durable and when he can't even last 5 minutes at best

Technically current Deku can utilize 100% but he’ll still minorly get injured as a result. It’s not like his arms will instantly be shattered like how it was in the past

But yeah disagree FRA
No he can't, he still has the same drawbacks as like in the war arc plus current deku would get a new key

I’m not sure about that, a stomp match is where one character has no wins conditions when deku fights at 100% he doesn't gain any advantages expect LS, but that is meanless when your AP doesn't match with it. Plus, most High 7-A are usually twice as stronger or even higher than that I don't see the fairness in letting Deku fight people twice as stronger more durable and when he can't even last 5 minutes at best
Then he shouldn't be put against those High 7-A characters, this is a problem that just makes this key difficult to find fights on if they're the same tier. Not impossible.

We do not put notes on top of the profile, and I'm not certain if a note is needed.

However I feel like his weakness isn't clear for some people. I don't think 100% should be banned from being used. It just so happens that his way of using it kills him in like a few minutes at best. Unless we get future showings of him handling it better.

Since every hit will break his body, and his opponent can win by not hitting him and waiting for him to collapse. There are other people on this wiki with similar weakness that enable them to fight for a limited period of time. However they are not banned from versus matches

Make it clear in his weakness section that he cannot fight for a long period at 100%, and his body will collapse after a few minutes. Final Act only.

In his Pre-Final Act profile he can last like a minute, two at the most. But yeah we need to make his big weakness clear, instead of making it seem like he can just ignore it and fight for a long period of time like his profile implies.

Alright since most people disagree or were neutral to the note then we can settle on making it clear in his weakness section.

Pre-Final Act Weakness: Using 100% for continues use will result in Deku breaking his limbs and body, and he can only keep it up for two minutes at best.

Final Act Weakness:
Same as before, except combined with his improved stamina and pain tolerance he can last a little longer

Alright, how does this look?

I disagree. A devastating weakness doesn't seem like a good reason to prevent a character from being used altogether. Instead, I think the note should simply warn people to designate 100% Izuku a match-up with caution. It should be worded in a way where the person reading it knows to put them in a match-up where they have some advantage that could still believably allow them to win. Such as a match where they have a mass AP advantage or fairly large speed advantage whereas the opponent doesn't have the same drawbacks, somewhat balancing things out. Though that would be pretty redundant to add as a note given it's on the people creating match-up's to make sure the match-up is balanced out. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to urge extra caution.

But I do strongly disagree with outright banning them from being used in matches.

Alright since most people disagree or were neutral to the note then we can settle on making it clear in his weakness section.
Pre-Final Act Weakness: Using 100% for continues use will result in Deku breaking his limbs and body, and he can only keep it up for two minutes at best.

Final Act Weakness: Same as before, except combined with his improved stamina and pain tolerance he can last a little longer

Alright, how does this look?

I don't think they need to be added as optional equipment, but rather you can just decide on a 2v1 since it's essentially the same thing. I mean, she already has a profile, and it's not unheard of for character's who compliment each other's skill (In this case her ability allows him to use 100% more effectively) to be used in the same match. Or, alternatively, a team profile for Izuku and Eri could be made.

Though the argument's I've seen against optional equipment Eri is weak (I searched through the times you've mentioned it).

"It's child abuse."

What? No, it's not. Like, not at all. We're not endangering the life of an actual child. If involving a child in a match-up is "child abuse" then using Izuku at all in itself is child abuse. The logic makes no sense. The worst thing you can argue about it is that it sounds jarring at best.

Though I think it is impractical to list her as optional equipment when you can either

A. Make a team profile of the two and link it to the character's articles
B. Make a 2v1 (or however many) match

Though I guess if you listed Eri as optional equipment it would give you the advantage of being able to make a key instead of going through the hassle of making a new team profile which is a lot more simple.

Eri should only works with Pre-Final Act Izuku. Regardless of how much damage he takes now versus then. She was only used by him one time, and that was in his Pre-Final Act self. So 100% Full Cowl with Eri, Pre-Final Act should be find for versus thread. I've never seen anyone list another character as optional equipment.

Unless they were summons or actually equipment. "Optional Equipment: Things that the character has owned or made usage of before for an extended period of time, but does not always have available on their person." Izuku has only used Eri once. While something like the Full Gauntlet was taken advantage of multiple times.

"Versus Threads that involve more than two characters (i.e. a 2v1) will only be added to profiles under specific circumstances, which are:
  • If a character canonically needs another character to fight at their full potential (i.e. Naofumi Iwatani and Raphtalia)
  • If one character is useless on their own (i.e. Gentle Criminal and La Brava)"
Eri cannot fight on her own, and Izuku needs her to use 100% Full Cowl without breaking all the bones in his body. Pretty sure this was always seen as fine.

Weakness suggestion.

Pre-Final Act: Using 100% of One For All's strength will break the bones of the limb it's used in. While Deku has proven to be able to push through the pain thanks to his monumental stamina and pain tolerance, he can only handle the effects of 100% for a few minutes before collapsing. Blackwhip can become uncontrollable if Deku doesn't keep his emotions in check. One For All can be stolen if the thief's will is stronger than the user's will. While not harmful, operating at 20% of his power is painful enough to limit his movements a bit, making him more predictable. He was only able to correctly control Blackwhip in combat during his training with Endeavor.

Final Act: Using 100% of One For All's strength will break the bones of the limb it's used in. However, Deku has shown that this doesn't affect his movements due to his monumental stamina and pain tolerance. While the damage inflicted to his body has been lessened due to his continued training, he still cannot fight at 100% more than a few minutes before collapsing. Danger Sense will not activate if the opponent has no real malice or intent to hurt Deku, which can catch him off-guard. Considerably strong negative emotions can cause Danger Sense to be overstimulated. Blackwhip can get completely out of control if Deku doesn't keep his emotions in check. One For All can potentially be stolen if the thief's will is stronger than the user's will. The second user's Quirk can only be used as a last resort, and is not something Deku can handle properly just yet.

The bold is just the stuff I added to help blend with the weakness section. I'm not suggesting to bold these parts.

Weakness suggestion.

The bold is just the stuff I added to help blend with the weakness section. I'm not suggesting to bold these parts.
This looks good can I apply the changes or should we wait for more input?

Back