• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Problem With Deku's Profile

1. The Final Act profile lists feats from the Paranormal Liberation War arc. This is incorrect, as the Final Act starts in chapter 305, after the PLW arc. The feats should be moved to the Pre-Final Act profile under a "Paranormal Liberation War Arc" key.

2. The scan used to justify 45%'s 7-A rating isn't him using 45%. The dialogue makes it pretty clear he's using his 100% to attack Shigaraki. And again, that is a pre-Final Act feat.

3. I don't find the keys used to be particularly intuitive. Why is Joint Training the cutoff? Where does Shie Hassaikai arc Deku fit in? Is that under the UA Beginnings Saga? He uses 20% for the first time during that arc and it's not listed under the UA Beginnings Key so its probably under the Joint Training Key, but that isn't very clear. Unless there is a reason for the Joint Training arc to be a separate key, it should be renamed to Rise of Villains Saga.

1. The Final Act profile lists feats from the Paranormal Liberation War arc. This is incorrect, as the Final Act starts in chapter 305, after the PLW arc. The feats should be moved to the Pre-Final Act profile under a "Paranormal Liberation War Arc" key.
I don't think it's necessary, but I’ll wait for my input.
2. The scan used to justify 45%'s 7-A rating isn't him using 45%. The dialogue makes it pretty clear he's using his 100% to attack Shigaraki. And again, that is a pre-Final Act feat.
Deku says the last two 100% attacks destroyed his arm, he doesn't mention anything about his legs. You can also see the bruise on Shigiraki's stomach.
3. I don't find the keys used to be particularly intuitive. Why is Joint Training the cutoff? Where does Shie Hassaikai arc Deku fit in? Is that under the UA Beginnings Saga? He uses 20% for the first time during that arc and it's not listed under the UA Beginnings Key so its probably under the Joint Training Key, but that isn't very clear. Unless there is a reason for the Joint Training arc to be a separate key, it should be renamed to Rise of Villains Saga.
Shie Hassaikai arc is the 2nd arc in the Rise of Villains Saga. So it can't be U.A Beginnings.

I don't think it's necessary, but I’ll wait for my input.
I think it's just very misleading. Like we wouldn't have the Pain Arc key for Naruto under the War Arc profile.
Deku says the last two 100% attacks destroyed his arm, he doesn't mention anything about his legs. You can also see the bruise on Shigiraki's stomach.
Ah, you are probably right about that one.
Shie Hassaikai arc is the 2nd arc in the Rise of Villains Saga. So it can't be U.A Beginnings.
Yeah, but what I'm saying is that is not reflected in the keys. It going from "UA Beginnings" to "Joint Training" leaves the entire first half of the Rise of Villains Saga in a weird limbo. I just think that's bad formatting.

Dawg, i know i sound annoying, but please, next time you should just go to the general thread about the verse instead of creating a Crt

Because this crt is mostly questions that you have, you can go to the general thread where most of the verse supporters are and have them answer your questions, once you have them answered you can see if this really needs a crt or not

Like i said dawg, you can go there and ask why the profiles are like that, heck, the people who wrote them are there, if you don't like the way the things are you can discuss there, come up with a solution that everyone agrees, then create a crt and boom, everyone agrees, this get applied and everyone is happy.

But whatever, this was mostly a rant about someone who's tired of important unfinished crt's being forgotten because they never get to make the front page.

Ped2018 is right, these are things we could have answered in the General Thread.

The reason we list the All-Out War feats in the Final Saga is because this saga started only 3 days after the war, meaning there is virtually no difference between All-Out War Deku and Villain Hunt Arc Deku.

As for the 45% feat, Deku explicitly says that his last two 100% attacks wrecked up his left arm, his legs weren't broken at this point.

I would actually say, it doesn't look Shigaraki has sustained any real damage from the kick that Deku through if that was 45%. We got other scans of Midoriya hurting Shigaraki at 45%?

I would actually say, it doesn't look Shigaraki has sustained any real damage from the kick that Deku through if that was 45%. We got other scans of Midoriya hurting Shigaraki at 45%?
His leg was shown to be completely fine after that kick, and it doesn't produce the same massive shockwave his actual 100% attacks produce during that fight.

His leg was shown to be completely fine after that kick, and it doesn't produce the same massive shockwave his actual 100% attacks produce during that fight.
I'm sure he wasn't using 100% with the kick, its more the effectiveness of the kick I'm questioning.
We can see a giant bruise in his stomach that wasn't there a few moments ago.
Not only is that kinda dubious, just because the giant bruise you're talking about is hard to make out thanks to both blackwhip and shadows, but even if it was proper damage, the source of blame could be placed on Blackwhip being enhanced by One For All 100% and squeezing Shigaraki there. Not to mention this goes against earlier when Deku did use 45% in the fight and just pushed Shigiraki away without dealing any damage, nor when he tried to hold him back with 45% before Eraser head got shot. It also actively goes against Shigaraki acclimating to 100%, because if 45% can deal scaleable damage why is 100% doing so much less.

Rise of Villain Saga covers the Endeavor Agency Arc, so we can't call it that. We're going by the wiki Saga list, which has three. You clearly don't understand how keys work. Izuku is a character, the Joint Training Arc takes place after the Yakuza Arc. So he can do everything he can from the first chapter to the Joint Training Arc.

@Duedate

Shigaraki isn't acclimating or adapting to 100%. That translation is wrong. Looking at alternative translation or even direct translation, there is no mention of him adapting or becoming more resistant. Izuku is pointing out that he can withstand/endure 100% attacks, not that he's taking less damage or whatever.

The official anime subs translate it like this as well.

100% isn't doing less damage, a single 100% punch likely breaks bones and almost ripped his jaw off.

Shiggy even states if he didn't focus on defense the fight would he over.

45% only left a single bruise on his stomach, and Izuku was using his Iron Soles as well. Which give a double impact anytime he kicks. Why would tackling him at 45% leave a visible bruise versus him kicking him? He wasn't even attacking Shiggy, he was only pushing him away from Aizawa.

You need to explain and prove why this push is an anti-feat or something.

He isn't using Blackwhip enhanced by 100%, once again you need to prove what this means. Izuku used Blackwhip to reinforce his limbs and keep Shigaraki in the air. At most it'd only happens when he actually uses 100% for attacking. Regardless he isn't attacking/squeezing with Blackwhip, unless you can provide proof of this.

We agree the damage is enough for scaling, it's a very obvious bruise that suddenly appeared on his stomach. We know he's inferior to him. Izuku isn't scaling equally to Shigaraki, he's downscaling from him since he's inferior. One strike to his stomach had Izuku coughing up blood and he inflict little damage with his kick.

Apologies if I'm being disrespectful, I'll try to keep myself down. The bruise is really obvious to me, I'm a little surprise you find it hard to see. It isn't super big or anything but there's a clear mark right where he hit him. And I don't see any other way they could show him inflicting light damage.

My point is that no point before with 45% did Deku do damage when it would've made sense, even greater past that Shigariki broke through blackwhip at 45% before but couldn't seem to do so once Deku went 100%, implying amplifcation from going 100%. Even further past that, both when looking at the anime and further context from the Manga, Deku couldn't deal any form of meaningful damage with 45%. In the scan that you showed from the anime of the same scene, his torso looks practically undamaged. And whether it be enduring or acclimating, Shigiraki is clearly tanking 100% from Deku in this scene. Deku strikes him with a barrage of 100% strikes and whenever we see Shigaraki he's hurt but not one-shot or anything like that. So giving Deku the same level of scaling to Shigiraki with 45% just doesn't add up, especially taking into account that Shigiraki's current justification for his durability has him scaling to 100%.

This argument makes no sense, at no point 45% Deku ever tried to hit Shigaraki up until this kick, in fact Deku pushing back a charging Shigaraki is an excellent feat for him, considering Shiggy can overpower Ryukyu with a charge, who is also 7-A+.

We already know 45% is capable of taking hits from All Might level characters (albeit with heavy damage), and naturally his AP would be comparable to his durability as One For All is not a durability-based Quirk, not to mention Deku can deflect hits that can hurt him.

Deku's profile already notes that his 45% is weaker than Shigaraki, he is still downscaling from a Mountain level+ character.

Last edited:
One, if Deku can deal damage with 45% on any meaningful level he has no reason to use 100% the way he did. Neither the narrative or his character would make sense if 45% can actually deal meaningful damage. That also goes into pushing shigiraki with 45% isn't solid scaling in any capacity because he's pushing without dealing damage and because Shigiraki proceeds to literally drag 45% deku after this.

Two, if we have other characters who showcase better Deku scaling to All-Might with 45% then the feats including them should be used over this one with Shigiraki because the whole thing surrounding Shigiraki is that Deku needs 100% to actually be able to take him on proper. Cause the two scans on the profile showing Deku tanking Shigiraki aren't good proof either. Shigiraki spends most of the fight treating Deku as an afterthought and when he elbows the crap out of him, he's not even paying attention. Past that, when Deku gets hit with air blast, he's literally punching forward with 100% and the attacks either clash or Deku overpowers the blast far as we can tell, so that scan doesn't make sense.
Three, even if downscaling, Deku shouldn't have Mountain level+ at 45%. He's downscaling as being largely inferior, so the tier should just be in the Mountain level. Which is my main issue with the scaling. While the text says he's inferior the actual tiers themselves put him very closely to Shigiraki if he's at Mountain level+ with 45%. The plus range for Mountain level isn't large enough to make the scaling make sense.

If Shigiraki is going to scale to 100%, then Deku's 45% can't scale to 100% as the profiles currently illustrate.

Shigaraki isn't scaling to All Out War Arc Izuku's 100%, which is High 7-A via upscaling from Shigaraki.

Shigaraki is scaling to Izuku's previous 100% via Nine and All Might. Weakened All Might was shown to be on par with old 100% Izuku. While Shigaraki as Garaki's Masterpiece shouldn't be less durable than Nine. As both Nine and Shiggy were given the AFO Quirk (Nine had a inferior copy) and had their bodies modified by him.

Izuku's power increases through out the series. Shigaraki is on par with High-Ends/USJ Nomu and is stated by Endeavor to be equal to All Might. 100% Izuku was shown to be equal to Weakened All Might during their battle with Wolfram. But now Izuku's 100% punch almost ripped off Shigaraki's jaw and clearly overpowers him.

That is clear proof he's been getting stronger.

It's just a second strike after the first one, it's like Deku kicking Shigaraki two times, but the force of his kick isn't actually duplicated.
Ah ok. Damn was expecting to somehow get a multiplier from that but i should've known that wasn't going to happen considering the thing was introduced as far back License exam so there was plenty of times to debunk it.

Back