• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Shulk CRT but this is clickbait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
While her cousin gets sorted out in the Banner key thread, lemme just turn to the sensation itself, She-Hulk, and boy is she lacking.

The death manip isn't really death manip tho. The guy is supposed to be canonically dead, her pointing it out doesn't really kill him, it's just plot manip.

I mean by that logic Chowder's Existence Erasure isn't Existence Erasure either owo

It is plot manip powered EE. Also Shulk didn't EE the guy, she fixed a walking plot hole.

Everything else is fine.

• I disagree with Reality Warping. Jen doesn't erase her fake family, just points out that they don't actually exists and tells them to go
  • Disagree with Death Manipulation. That's just her pointing out a in-universe consistency issue that then corrects itself once its pointed out. Its not her killing him, just using 4th wall stuff to point out he should be dead
  • Power Bestowal looks good, but that's for the current Buff She-Hulk rather than to the entire character
  • The scan for vehicle mastery doesn't support it in my view. Driving a car fast and stopping isn't comparable to something like this
  • I would like an issue number for the Dazzler scan
  • She only recovered from the Neuro-Stunner because she got the beam off of her. She was rapidly passing out before that happened
  • Disagree with Madness Resistance. She didn't resist or overcome it, its just that her hallucination happened to negatively effect Goblin since she confused him for someone attacking her dad
  • Radiation Resistance is fine, but not for the reasons you listed. It would give normal humans fatal radiation damage. The theoretical explosive power of the core is irrelevant for the intensity of the radiation she would be exposed to.
Also a big issue to consider is that a lot of the 4th wall stuff happens under one writer. I don't believe its much of a modern or even classic thing. So it may not be correct to give her powers to both keys when they wouldn't apply, especially since it would be weird esoteric power resistance and abilities.

@Sir Ovens It is Plot Powered Death Manip here, also it is literally attributed to her. So.

@Qawsedf

• She literally retcons her own past and changes her history to be the only child, it's not erasing but it is very clear from the context she does actively go against the writer's demands
  • She uses the 4th Wall and it kills him, it is a limited form of Death Manipulation which is quite reasonable to add
  • Current Buff She-Hulk doesn't have anything special which Classic She-Hulk doesn't have
  • She entirely flips her car a 360, isn't that clear?
  • It's from her Savage She-Hulk stories, the original, issue number specifically I'd have to look for
  • That's literally your headcanon on how that happens
  • Fine
  • The theoretical power is still relevant to the core content and the level of intensity she's getting exposed to regardless.

• She pulls out a Marvel Handbook and shows that they don't really exists, then kicks them out. That's not erasing them from reality
  • Its not her doing the killing. Just pointing out a universal mistake that then corrects itself.
  • If current buff She-Hulk shows a power the classic one doesn't have and if we have keys showing the two are different, then we have to note the differences
  • She doesn't flip the car 360 though. In the second panel you can see the car is in a straight path to the sign post. Unless there's a previous scan showing it flipping, I'm not seeing the evidence for mastery
  • Okay the light resistance is legit then
  • k
  • Cockroaches were still alive, showing while it was lethal to humans it wasn't hilariously lethal like the detonation implies

• The point literally isn't her erasing them, and even bybthat definition it is still a Resistance to Plot Manipulation
  • It is attributed to her by Taskmaster and Mad Thinker and her pointing it out is the thing that makes the universe correct the mistake
  • I mean by that logic we should have a key for every time she gets an upgrade and then attribute it like that. The "Buff She-Hulk" isn't some sort of amp or transformation
  • fine
  • k
  • oh, k, fine
  • I mean the cockroaches being alive is literally PIS, by that logic if you were to notice that radiation doesn't give superpowers

• Your reason is "Reality Warping due to her fourth-wall awareness, yes (Retcons her family)". She doesn't retfcon her family. But I am good with resistance to plot manipulation
  • Then its not under her power as I've said. She pointed out a mistake due to her 4th wall awarness, then the universe corrected that mistake. Its not her killing him, but reality.
  • Her profile is split into two keys @Zark2099 and the second key has multiple additional powers the former does not. As such there's no reason to give it to her classic key when her modern key preformed it
  • The radiation is lethal to humans almost instantly. I'm fine with the power, I just don;t like how you worded it since there's no relation between explosive power and radiation lethality

Qawsedf's analysis makes sense to me, although all of the major 4th wall breaking abilities should probably be listed in a "Former Powers" tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back