• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Revision Thread in Time

EMagoIorSouI

They/Them
Alright, it's time to give this verse a revision thread. Although there are not many supporters of A Hat in Time, I would still appreciate any sort feedback.

[ -- HAT KID -- ]

Let's start off with the good girl herself. She won't have much to offer, though

Self-Sustenance - Type 1 only. In the beginning of the game, she is seen being tossed out of her spaceship into the depths of space, being able to freely breathe within it with no side effects.

Her lifting strength should be updated to Class 1, as she was seen lifting the Warlus Captain. The average adult warluses weigh up to 2,200 IBs.

She as well needs her Parasol added to her Standard Equipment.

[ -- THE CONDUCTOR -- ]

There isn't much for The Conductor, as well. Just Self-Sustenance (Type 1. is able to freely breathe in space), and Acausality (By scaling to The Snatcher and Hat Kid)

[ -- THE SNATCHER -- ]

Now HERE'S the big boy on campus. The Snatcher has numerous abilities missing from his page and it's time we address that.

Energy Projection - How is this not Energy Projection?

Ectoplasm Manipulation - Also seen in the same scene, The Snatcher forms a ghostly energy barrier around the battlefield.

Large Size - Type 0. By obviously disqualifying his size manipulation, Snatcher is seen to be tremendously large and tall compared to other characters. Most notably these goats from Apline Skyline, as they are already far larger than other smaller characters.

Self-Sustenance - Types 1 & 2. For Type 1, Snatcher can naturally breathe in space like the previous two. For Type 2, as a Ghost Snatcher can survive without proper nourishment such as food and water.

Inorganic Physiology - Although Snatcher is not an AI, he is still a ghost as he lacks a body with innard organs and is non-living.

Death Manipulation - Induced death into Hat Kid (Would he also gain resistence to Death Manipulation? This one is kinda dubious and I'm merely asking of curiousity, but since he is already dead and thus cannot die again, it makes me think is all)

Light Manipulation - Shown here.

Plant Manipulation - Lays traps by generating purple plants from the ground.

BFR - Also seen in the same scene, whenever he traps someone in one of his traps he banishes them to his pocket dimension.

Duplication - Seen from his shapeshifting, he duplicates himself into numerous renditions of Hat Kid.

Non-Physical Interaction - Most attacks are unable to hit him. However, his explosive flasks are able to make contact with him by shatter all over him once impact is made.

Power Nullification - This as well negates his intangibility, and thus would negate other forms of it as well.

Electricity Manipulation - His energy beacons cause spew out shocks of electricity in numerous directions.

Elemental Manipulation - For having Darkness Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation and Light Manipulation (if they get accepted)

With this, I'd also like to add some justification to his already existing abilities, his intelligence, and his durability.

Hat kid

-seems fine

-also non physical interaction and nullification from Snatchers part seems to be something that belongs to hat kid

Conductor

-self sustenance is fine

-i'm not knowledgeable on the game so can't comment on Acausality

Snatcher

Most of the stuff seems fine but there are a few things

-Ectoplasm I couldn't see where it was demonstrate d in the video

-self sustenance is redundant if he's a ghost which would grant him non-corporeality

-being a ghost is non corporeality not inorganic physiology

-I couldn't see the demonstration of death inducement

-Light Manipulation seems to be weather manipulation instead which simply creates flashes of light

-I can't tell if the thing he's releasing is electricity or not

Okay so, Self Sustanence (Type 2) and Inorganic Physiology are off the charts. Although, I can tell you the other ones are legit.

His Ectoplasm Manipulation comes from this. Prior to the fight around the battlefield was a simple opening. However, once the battle transitions Snatcher fills it with a ghastly energy barrier on it, presumed to be paranormal with the numerous faces on it.

For Death Manipulation, if you scroll up and rewatch the video, he kills Hat Kid as seen with her death animation. Here's her full Death Animatio (This is not an example of Snatcher's death manip btw.)

Light manipulation comes from the fact that he's striking her with particles of light. One can assume that is lightning, but it is a very broad assumption as it literally is a projection of light itself.

And yes, that is indeed electricity. When Hat Kid is hit, an electrical shock sound effect cues. That and it is the same electrical particle the Mafia Boss uses in his fight.

Ectoplasm, Death and electricity are fine

That is clearly lightning that is striking her and the flashes still seem to just be a result of the storm in the background.

Might be best to wait for more input. Especially since I am not a knowledgeable staff about the verse.

I'm afraid your sense of judgement is all we have. A Hat in Time isn't too known on the wiki.

Still, at least some more input would be desirable here. Especially since relying on my sense of judgement is a terrible idea

I can get Kirbymajor and Mariogoods, seems they're the most helpful as of the moment. Maybe Ant if is willing to assist.

With 4 approvals would that be sufficient to get these added? Surely enough the word & voice of the wiki's members matter too besides the staff, especially in this case due to the fact that the Hat in Time verse doesn't have a lot of supporters.

I think that what Andy accepted can probably be applied, yes.

Back