• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A question about Hit (DBS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
So I know I made a thread about this some time ago but I don't remember why it wasn't excepted.

I ask why did Hit not have Reactive Evolution on his page but I only remember it being said "its not Reactive Evolution".

Hit states that he becomes more powerful the longer he fights or when he's really challenged in a fight. As shown when Goku moved in his time stop and the second time he gain the power to freeze Goku within frozen time, then increase his time stop from 0.1 to 0.5. His overall power increases along with his techniques.

Its not Adaptation because Hit is becoming stronger, faster and more durable and adaptation's page says unlike Reactive Evolution it doesn't increase one's durability for example. It does however fit Reactive Evolution because Hit is becoming stronger and increasing the effectiveness of his techniques.

Goku Black has Limited Reactive Evolution because he becomes stronger after receiving damage

Hit Becomes stronger and increases the effectiveness of his techniques when challenged and the longer he fights, wouldn't he have Limited Reactive Evolution as well?

I know he's not taking damage then becoming stronger but his body is still naturally increase his powers if challenged.

If this isn't Adaptation or Reactive Evolution then what is it?

It's Statistical Amplification. Black's is probably considered Reactive Evolution because its tied to his physiology.

It can't be Statistics Amplification because Hit naturally grows stronger when fighting someone that is challenging him. He doesn't buff himself by using a move like Goku's Kaioken, His body increases naturally in power to counter the person who's matching him and the power he gains is permanent not temporary.

I am uncertain, but would appreciate more staff input.

I, for one, agree that Hit's Self Improvement isn't Statistics Amplification. His power increases naturally, not through the usage of some ability that allows him to grow stronger, faster, more durable... etc.

Its close but Hit can also improve his techniques not just power, speed and fighting style.

So would adaptive power level still work then. Literally everything he has is improving to match the power of his opponent. Power, speed and fighting skills sort of include his techniques.

Hit got a small beat down when Goku first charge him and couldn't react, hell he couldn't even react to Kioken x2 when Goku was testing it but after he survived Goku's quick barrage he recovered, reacted and took SSBKKx10 Goku's Kamahamaha with no damage. This means Hit's physical abilities increase as well.

He was incapable of freezing SSBKKx10 Goku in time but after Goku's barrage and Kamahamaha, Hit Time-Skip evolved and allowed him to freeze Goku and his time freeze also got longer so his Techniques also improve.

RadicalMrR said:
Its close but Hit can also improve his techniques not just power, speed and fighting style.
"Raw power, speed and fighting skills will keep increasing until the opposition finds itself severely outmatched"

Fighting skills = techniques, such as time-skip, that's how I see it anyway.

Well, maybe limited reactive evolution would be an acceptable addition, but I would prefer more staff input.

Is nobody else interested in this thread?

Don't know too much about Hit or DBS but I'll give my 2 cents.

I don't think this is "Reactively evolution" nor do I think it is "Adaptation", for both to be relevant Hit would have to become resistant to a certain technique or external stimuli. Here Hit is doing neither, all that's happening is his natural growth process is being accelerated- basically I can potentially bench 500kg 2 years in the future, but because I'm pushed to do it in the present my growth accelerates does that count as reactive evolution? No what I'm doing is not altering my physiology, it's basically the anime trope of "breaking my limits" or something, Hit has managed to find a way to weaponise this.

Hit is still becoming physically better and his techniques are evolving to work on others. He has not shown to become resistant to different abilities because he's never entered in that type of situation but I also can't say he can gains a resistance to things because that would be a baseless assumption.

Though that's why he can have Limited Reactive Evolution, He doesn't gain a resistance to things but when challenged he grows more powerful and his techniques become more effective.

Limited reactive evolution seems fine to me.

Should I temporarily unlock the page?

I could add I if it's oK with everyone else after the page is unlocked of course.

Well, I agree that getting stronger as you fight is Reactive Evolution, but getting more skilled isn't. Or else Captain America would have it, since it's stated that he can master any human weapon in seconds of holding it.

I can agree with "Limited Reactive Evolution."

Also a little side note, I think we should perhaps get rid of the .5 seconds for Hit's Timefreeze. There may not be a precise limit to how long he can do it for, but this is definitely significantly longer than half a second.

Okay. What do you suggest that the page should say instead?

Ryukama said:
I can agree with "Limited Reactive Evolution."
Also a little side note, I think we should perhaps get rid of the .5 seconds for Hit's Timefreeze. There may not be a precise limit to how long he can do it for, but this is definitely significantly longer than half a second.
I think we could keep it until he fights again in tournament, as point of reference. We will get to know what his new limit is very soon

@Ant Perhaps "Able to freeze time (Was initially only able to freeze time for 0.1 seconds, then rose it to 0.5 seconds, then became able to have an entire conversation and exchange with someone during time stop)"

@Joseph I don't think we need to keep every DB change restricted until the tournament. He already has a feat much higher than half a second. We can change it again if the tournament establishes his exact limit.

Okay. That seems fine to change the description to.

Has limited reactive evolution been added to his page?

Antvasima said:
Has limited reactive evolution been added to his page?
Not by me, but it's on his page.

I didn't add it but it should be explained that when he's challenge in a fight he grows stronger and his techniques become more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back