• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A question about a tabletop RPG

Hi, I have a question to ask and that doesn't really concern D&D or Pathfinder but it's still on the subject of tabletop RPGs.

I'm talking about the German rival of Dungeons and Dragons,The Dark Eye or Das Schwarze Auge.

As much as I never experienced that game, I instead played and loved his videogame transpositions like Drakensang, his sequel / prequel The River of the Time and the strategic version, Blackguards

The question is, why wasn't a page created for that verse? I understand that the information in English is rather scarce, but there is a wiki in German with an enormous amount of information (I think) about this fantastic universe, there should be staff members who have a fairly fluent knowledge of the German language to translate it, no?.

Would it be possible to create a page for that verse? Although from what I know, The Dark Eye would be mostly Low Fantasy but I think there are noteworthy feats.

Yeah you can make a page for it, just remember to have images/links to justify all of the ratings.

The question is, why wasn't a page created for that verse?

Well it is a German tabletop game. The Venn diagram of people who use this wiki, know German and English, and have played that tabletop game is probably pretty small.

Wishing I could make profiles of the characters of drakensang or Blackguards, the main problem however would be the AP, it could vary from Wall Level to maybe .... town level? I say this because at some point in Drakensang, the party (consisting of 4 characters controlled by you) finds itself facing a dragon, Japhgur who could have destroyed the town of Tallon with his fire.

Destroying a town with fire isn't nesscarily town level. Since fire spreads and all. Even if it destroyed a town in one shot it may not be town level if the place in question isn't big enough.

Oh, and the main character can easily cut Japhgur's head to take it as a trophy, and he can also fight things like these (They are stone golems)

Yes, indeed this could be good.

There is also to consider that Japhgur was a very young dragon as well as wounded by a dragonslaying dwarven crossbow, the arrow was still stuck in his chest.

And those are not the kind of weapons you carry with you, they are the big ones stuck in the ground.

However I think I could make the profile of the main character as a start.

It does not have an appearance or a predefined name but when you start a new game the default class is the warrior with the default name is Taran of Oxenmead

I'll do whatever calculations you need. Always happy to help a tabletop.

If seems like just a strong magical attack that most basic material can't stand up to, rather than durability negation

Back