• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A pure paladin from hell against a scheming fox (Klysandral vs Arcanoloth)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Fox Anthro : 0
Paladin in Hell : 0
Incon : 0

Klysandral has prior knowledge
Arcanoloth has a week of prep time
Speed equalized
Fight takes place in Chamada, 50 meters apart with no LoS

Outsiders are driving me insane. So you know what? In-verse match time. Lets see if the demon slayer can take down a fiend

So the main weakness for the Aracnoloth is that he's running into a meat death machine on wheels that fought a literally Lord of Hell and his armies for weeks in some Doomguy-esq crusade. So if for any reason Klysandral can close the distance then the Arcanoloth will be folded.

So this brings magic into the equation, and here we run into issue two: Klysandral is ten levels higher and has a vast array of permeant defenses enchantments on him, one of which is just a permeant AoE anti-magic field.

Its sole wincon is to big brain a way to get rid of his multiple layers of defensive gear, magic and his holy death sword. The issue being that like, that's hard to do when he's fighting someone who can literally detect its existence at will and resists everything it can do.

Really the best chance would be to BFR him somewhere, but that's about it in my view. For reference in universe the level gap between the two is so enormous that it would be considered an easy victory or a fluke loss for Klysandral if they were to randomly meet one vs one.

Its sole wincon is to big brain a way to get rid of his multiple layers of defensive gear, magic and his holy death sword. The issue being that like, that's hard to do when he's fighting someone who can literally detect its existence at will and resists everything it can do.
Huh, you'd think the second highest rank of fiends who specialize in tactics and deception would eventually figure out something it can do, especially with prep time

Should I just straight up use the Ultroloth?

Huh, you'd think the second highest rank of fiends who specialize in tactics and deception would eventually figure out something it can do
In-universe it would do one of the following things
  • Ditch the idea because it would need to fight Klysandral
  • Distract Klysandral and accomplish what it wanted during that time
  • Get something else to fight Klysandral
In a week there's just not much the Arcanoloth can do with its prep since it can't take anything with it. The spell prep needed for like, breaking through the resistance requires him to basically stand in a circle for awhile and the rest of his kit can be brute forced or nullified. It would be like Klysandral fighting Hercules or Iggy, there's just not much he can do in that situation since he's hilariously outmuscled.

Idk, a level 26 Paladin is still likely capable of doing rather well against a Ultroloth. But I'll look deeper into it when I get the chance.

Back