• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

a problem with keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how it's hard to read keys at the bottom, you can just... You know... Scroll down

Plus I still prefer them at the bottom anyways

1. Scrolling down to read the profile is necessary anyways to read the content, stop being lazy
not wanting to get confused by the misplacement of litral identifiers and having to read the page more than once to understand ≠ being lazy

"It would be redundant. It would be unnecessary."

You can equally say it's unnecessary to have it on the bottom especially when it makes debating actually more difficult, given people have to move from abilities, to which keys have which, back to abilities, up down up and down. It's more organized to have them in the fashion Infiniti showed, especially how it junctions with the tiering itself. Yes, people will still have to scroll down to read abilities, but at least knowing which key is which tier would be much much easier when going through the abilities itself.

I'd also say you're just as lazy for not wanting to put the effort in to making a more streamlined experience for the users who browse the profiles just because you 'like it'. Now I don't know much about coding, but I assume it's not actually that difficult to move the line of code that makes up the 'key' portion. Though you would have to do this site wide and that would indeed take effort.

I actually always had problems myself with having to move back and forth due to my disability making it hard for me to concentrate with all the movement I have to do on the page.

Simply put, I can think of this being more beneficial than there are cons to do it. If you can give legitimate cons to moving it besides that 'I like it. It's unnecessary' then by all means.

Or... maybe you're just lazy.

Reactions: Sus
i think some people missed the point of the CRT

no, this isn't for us to just read the keys and tiers, this is to make us read it one time
because as accelerate said, many people can't concentrate and have to read through the page multiple times going up and down to understand, has nothing to do with laziness

i did consider disagreements before i make the CRT, there's not a single thing all people agree about, but come on, i thought there would be a better reason to disagree, simply "liking it" is never valid, we all know for a fact that keys don't belong there, why were they put there in the first place

or the other reason, being "unnecessary" while it is very necessary, for reasons listed above, keys are identifiers that belong on the top to make pages more organized, they're more like the name and classification part

being "redundant" part was already answered in the CRT itself, it's unnecessary to apply everything at once, pages like anos and dragon ball and other verses that gets updated every while, should get their keys in the process of applying changes
verses that's so outdated like digimon, DC and SMT are already getting a massive versewide CRTs, the change can get applied then

I'm pretty sure moving the keys is easier than linking dozens of scans and writing walls of text

“I thought there would be a better reason to disagree, simply "liking it"

Well I like it better at the bottom, so why would I support it being at the top? This is a completely subjective thing that you are trying to say is objectively better another way

But I just don’t agree

why disagreeing when you definitely know that it belongs to the top?

sorry if i seemed rude, but seriously not liking it is not enough to disagree

i disagree... it would be unnecessary work when all you have to do is simply scroll down the screen a little bit

i disagree... it would be unnecessary work when all you have to do is simply scroll down the screen a little bit
Yeah but example if you want to do a VS only using the profile and want to do a good job you gotta travel alot and know where the keys are to considerate with the tiers and it gets more convuloted trying to know what key have specific hax and yeah it will be a massive change but the change is so miniscule that you probally can do the change in a profile in less that 10 seconds

Yeah but example if you want to do a VS only using the profile and want to do a good job you gotta travel alot and know where the keys are to considerate with the tiers and it gets more convuloted trying to know what key have specific hax and yeah it will be a massive change but the change is so miniscule that you probally can do the change in a profile in less that 10 seconds
To make a VS you will always have to read the profiles first, unless you are one of those who do stomps or spite, so yes or yes you will have to read the entire profile and so no matter where the keys are, it is easier for the staff to focus on things truly relevant to the wiki that in this that just because they are lazy to read the profile they want to simply change the keys place... Okay are guys ready to change a total of almost 20K profiles.
i did reply to this multiple times, read through the thread please
i did it, and i disagree

we don't have to go through all pages at once, it can be done slowly by start doing it with newly edited/created pages, and go on with every pages that gets changed
or the other reason, being "unnecessary" while it is very necessary, for reasons listed above, keys are identifiers that belong on the top to make pages more organized, they're more like the name and classification part

being "redundant" part was already answered in the CRT itself, it's unnecessary to apply everything at once, pages like anos and dragon ball and other verses that gets updated every while, should get their keys in the process of applying changes
verses that's so outdated like digimon, DC and SMT are already getting a massive versewide CRTs, the change can get applied then

why disagreeing when you definitely know that it belongs to the top?

sorry if i seemed rude, but seriously not liking it is not enough to disagree
It is a subjective based change

You think it would look better at the top, I don't, simple as that

I don't agree with the change for any of the reasons you've presented, so I will continue to disagree

It is a subjective based change

You think it would look better at the top, I don't, simple as that

I don't agree with the change for any of the reasons you've presented, so I will continue to disagree
It isnt tho is far easier to see what tier is in what key if they are literally together

It isnt tho is far easier to see what tier is in what key if they are literally together
It is subjective, you are saying it looks better another way, I am saying it looks better the way it is

Having to scroll down a little to look at the keys is not a hinderance

This is not something worth changing every profile on the wiki

“I thought there would be a better reason to disagree, simply "liking it"

Well I like it better at the bottom, so why would I support it being at the top? This is a completely subjective thing that you are trying to say is objectively better another way

But I just don’t agree
Not everything is subjective. There are objective aesthetics to web design and this is one of them, but suit yourself.

i definitely respect their point of view, but still can't see a valid reason for us not applying this

Obviously certain people will always have different preferences.
It's simply not intuitive to have the keys at the bottom, because it often means you have to scroll all the way back up to line up a key with its tier.
This is something I've complained about silently to myself on this website since I joined. So, for the record, I do think at the top makes more sense.

Changing every page to reflect this would obviously be a ridiculous amount of work, but such a small change doesn't really require much technical knowledge, or really knowledge on any page: regular users could do it on any page they come across with a simple cut and paste.

yes, it is simple especially that it can be done slowly, no one ever said we have to do 28k pages at once

should i put u in the agreement section?

yes, it is simple especially that it can be done slowly, no one ever said we have to do 28k pages at once

should i put u in the agreement section?
Sure, though I suspect the staff will not accept it regardless.

I prefer keys at the bottom GG
Mitch is right and doesn't "It makes difficult to read the keys at the bottom" is more like a personal opinion rather than something legit that would improve the wiki overall I don't see why such a big change should take place.....tho personally myself I don't have any problem with it being on top or bottom.

1. Scrolling down to read the profile is necessary anyways to read the content, stop being lazy

2. Cause I like it and that's enough for me
1. It's being efficient, not lazy. Although - little tangent here - laziness is often times what drives progress. In ways, progress is an investment for future laziness, or rather comfort.

Like the References Section.

2. No comment, although I suppose we would say we like the suggestion better due to 1).

Last edited:
I would prefer for the keys to be on top, I don't see a reason why they should stay at the bottom other than that's how it always was

1. It's being efficient, not lazy. Although - little tangent here - laziness is often times what drives progress. In ways, progress is an investment for future laziness, or rather comfort.

Like the References Section.

2. No comment, although I suppose we would say we like the suggestion better due to 1).
1. Was that philosophy there?

well, the laziness part is true, kinda

doesn't make the subject unnecessary though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back