• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

a problem with keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medeus is correct. This was rejected earlier and would just be far too much work for no actual payoff. At best it would be a small cosmetic improvement, and I personally agree with Mitch and Yuri about that the key sections work better where they are currently than mixed together with the tier section near the top of the pages.

Reactions: Sus
Medeus is correct. This was rejected earlier and would just be far too much work for no actual payoff. At best it would be a small cosmetic improvement, and I personally agree with Mitch and Yuri about that the key sections work better where they are currently than mixed together with the tier section near the top of the pages.
Apperently copy pasting things is to hard now?

Checking through over 25,000 pages and moving the key sections in several thousands of them would be far too much unnecessary work, yes.

We should close this thread.

Checking through over 25,000 pages and moving the key sections in several thousands of them would be far too much unnecessary work, yes.
i did purpose something to make it easier though

why rushing and closing it, we didn't conclude it yet

We have concluded the subject of this discussion before, and as I and others said, it just isn't realistic to apply such enormous amounts of work for so little gain. There are several wiki revision projects that are far more prioritised in comparison.

as i said multiple times, we don't need to do it all at once

as u exactly said, there's many revisions for profiles, why can't we move the keys when applying other changes? verses that needs whole massive revisions for the entire verse can wait

we don't have to go through all pages at once, it can be done slowly by start doing it with newly edited/created pages, and go on with every pages that gets changed

it's a copypaste thing so
pages gets updated on a daily basis and dozen of scans gets linked and walls of texts gets written down

is it really hard to copy paste keys while making the hard steps?

for old pages, they need a massive revision anyway, the key are still not an issue

It would look bad/very incoherent and inconsistent to have one system in some pages and another in others. This is not the kind of revision that we can spread out over several years. Also, as I mentioned, I do not even think that such a change would be beneficial in terms of aesthetic layout. I am not budging regarding this issue. My apologies.

ight, so most of people agreeing doesn't matter, i see..

u can close this, i knew it won't pass since the staff disagreed anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back