• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Plea for Demotion

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
I give up. I ask for a demotion.

I decided that I am stepping down from Staff. I'm sure this is obvious for most people but I'm frankly just not fit for this position anymore. Everytime I have to deal with Moderation I get angry and frustrated and just lose my cool and I often bring drama. I'm not nearly responsible enough to be a Moderator anymore. I've been a Staff Member for 5 years now and everytime I encounter issues I just fee angry and frustrated because I've seen them happen before again, and again, and again over the years. Which is normal, this is an open Website and new users will always come by, and conflict is natural to happen, but it is exhausting as Staff to have to deal with it time and again, and this leads me to being rash and impulsive with decisions.

And most of all, it doesn't feel fun anymore. I still enjoy VSBattlesWiki and I like and admire plenty of its users. There are so many people I met here over they ears who became my friends, but as a Staff Member I no longer enjoy the wiki, and I believe it is because I can't handle the responsibility of being a Mod, and it all just feels like exhausting work to me. I'd rather stay as a regular user and not have to deal with this anymore.

In light of my most recent misdoing and drama, I think it is the best option. Ant has just made another thread calling for peace in the wiki, and in it he said the following:

In addition, the few members (be it regular or staff) that are acting in a repeated toxic and/or confrontational manner need to permanently stop immediately. Now is definitely not the right time at all for instigating any drama and resentment. If you do not comply, the rest of the staff might need to take action in lack of better options.

And so I am stepping down, it is the best way to stop drama immediately. I'm not fit to be a staff and everyone sees this. Keeping me as a staff would just be a bad move for the wiki and lead to more Staff - User animosity. I hope that me stepping down will improve things. Thank you for your understanding.

I want to at least thank you for all of your massive amounts of help over the years, and for trying to make a responsible decision. It will also be much harder to try to keep things reliable without your help.

If you and the situation as a whole calm down over time, I hope that we will be able to eventually reinstate your position, but I cannot make any promises.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, Prime Matt (2015-2017/18) was one of the best and most prominent staff members the wiki ever saw. Anyway, I hope things get better for you now that you have asked for demotion/retirement, and I appreciate the level of maturity shown by you here.

Anyway, regardless of everything and you getting a lot of hate, it is a feat that you have been the staff member who has received the most likes after Ant and within considerably less number of posts.

sdcsdv.png

Last edited:
Oh well, goodbye Matt, you were often pretty harsh and didn't try enought to keep clarifications friendly to everyone, instead just jumping to conclusions and closing topics without at least trying to let the others understand why with some justification, at times you didn't even left any space whatsoever for discussion and abruptly closed a thread and pulled your own conclusions as if they were previously accepted.
However, you did really help keep the site accurate with your input, and often found the answer before a good amount of users, so you'll really be missed by many.

I know disliking you is the normal thing to do (from my experience at least) and that you had more then one run-in with my brother, Axxtentacle. But I feel sorry for you, I really do and I am not afraid to announce that. If you think this is the best possible move for you, go ahead dude. I hope things get better for you here on this website.

Sincerely, Gews.

I'm really sad it has to turn out this way. But I am very glad you tried to handle things the adult way. I especially missed how you were in 2018, which is when you have been making effort to be a great admin. And I have always worked hard to defend you even during some heavily difficult situations. While I've never been a big fan of the bluntness or even hyperbole's here and there which I won't say out loud. I do agree that better wording is 2019 and beyond has been the era of general community new users striving for quantity over quality instead of the other way around. Or the over population of fanbases trying to push for the most exaggerated upgrades for their favorite verses and downgrading rival verses out of spite if they don't have their way. But there are some people even in those fanbases who are genuinely not as bad as made out and did the same thing I did and trying to defend otherwise blunt people during the tough situations.

But anyway, I miss Matt being an Admin, and also going to miss him being staff in general. But Matt has been speaking the truth and being honest about his recent shortcomings. Thank you for all the hard work you dumped on the wiki. And I'd appreciate it if others did the same.

It's actually fairly unfortunate to see you go, while we weren't exactly on the greatest of terms, I did respect you, for the lack of the better word, calling bullshit when bullshit needed to be called upon (You weren't always correct, but I rarely was ever disagreeing with your assessment), and are actually one of the better, more genuine people on here.

I presume you're not leaving-leaving, but it's still fairly unfortunate to look back and see the platform shift so vividly.

I knew this would happened, so its not surprising that you're finally quit as a staff

Let's be real, despite being the prominent admin in 2016/2017/2018, Mashu got a lot of hate from many users, its like whenever he breathed, there always be a peoples that upset against him, no wonder the pressure are so dangerous to the point he done some of "crossing the lines" attitudes

I'm saying this not for adding a fuel, i just saying this as a nother factors, regardless wish you luck Mashu, i still respected you even with the "crossing the line" attitudes you done

Note: I have a feeling Weekly will be the next, again it just me

I'm sorry things had to be this way, Matt. I honestly feel that you are a good person, but as you said, you've been increasingly impatient and irrational as of late, causing a lot of drama that ends up getting voted over regardless. I really don't like saying this, but I do not respect you as a mod, even if I do respect you as a person and debater. I am very much willing to see you fall back into the fold of mods, but seeing that you're still gonna stick around unlike some other giants we've lost is at least something.

This is likely a good thing for you in my opinion. You probably think I dislike you or whatever but I do think you have a pretty good sense of analysis based on your work on the TES series. But I also think because of this it can make you seem arrogant and dismissive so I do genuinely hope things get better for you after making this decision.

Just how many people are going to leave? At this rate, the entire wiki will leave. :v

It is unfortunate to see you step down. I have heard of all the hard work you've done long ago (for Star Wars, Marvel, etc.) , and it was quite a shame to see you say and do stuff that causes drama nowadays. But I can say that it's most likely the burnout (I've experienced that beforehand so ik how it feels. Not to mention, 5 goddamn years of doing this? Jeez.)

In any case, I find it very respectable and professional how you handled this situation. I hope to see you around in this wiki, and I do hope that you have a wonderful life.

Thank you for all your work over the years, Matt. I can't pretend we agreed on every discussion or every thread (not at all, in fact), but I'm glad you were here and doing your job nonetheless. You did damn good, and it's a sure sign of maturity that you felt you knew when to step down.

You were.... One kind of a lad Matt. While you definetly did major contributions to the wiki, you also made certain actions in the last years that I can't defend.

Still, you tried your best with good intentions, just not the right methods. I hope you get better after this decision.

I’d be lying if I said I was remorseful, since the only interaction I’ve had with you was negative. But there’s a part of me who wish I got to meet you in your prime. The you that was held in such high regard by... basically everyone. I hope that this will help clear your head, and you will be regarded as one of the greats again.

Back